shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR and Jewelryhoo settings + stones - advice requested!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:13:40 PM
Author: brandy_z28

Date: 7/16/2009 5:02:53 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Cellantini, I''m with you on the EC. And my jeweler is pretty good at doing single claws.

Chrono, I think I''m going to try and set it as is. It is different, much more delicate than my other rings. My worry is that it might look too ''mall store''. *sigh*

Szh07, it''s definitely very possible that the center stone could get beat up, which is why I was thinking about a bezel. Now that you mention it, I think I''m just going to talk to my jeweler and see what he recommends.

Brandy - pretty, and a STEAL! Please take pics when you get it as I was looking at that one for my Dan Stair purple spinel!

Stone Hunter - I accidentally won this one - had no idea no one would bid after me, and I won it for $91. Just have to be diligent and look at LOGR auctions late at night (for those of us in CST/EST.
3.gif
Absolutley! Pics for sure.
1.gif

LTP, does your diamond have a pink tint to it? It might just be my monitor but I see a hint of pink.
Brandy, no, I think it''s just reflecting my horribly pale skin.
3.gif
2.gif

The diamond is a .52 D, SI3, with a pretty decent sized bow-tie, unfortunately. It wasn''t very apparent in pictures, but I LOVE the super icy white color.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
LTP, I see the problem. I''m surprised no-one else spotted it. It''s no biggie really

JUST GET A BIGGER DIAMOND!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:34:40 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Lauren

The sapphire in that setting is gorgeous. The colour is wonderful. I can''t wait to see it set.

The marquise - you know I have a diamond almost exactly the same as yours and yes, I was looking at that same setting! Great minds think alike!!! I''m another that thinks the airline is meant to be there. Do you feel that you''re getting finger coverage? It looks a lovely size on your hand (and if I recall you''re a size 6 like me?????). Will you keep it do you think? You know what you could do ... if you really hate the airline you could add a central halo - either with diamonds or pink or yellow diamonds. Is there enough space for an inner halo?
Thank you, LovingDiamonds! GMTA, indeed!
1.gif

My left hand is a size 4.75, but I order all of my LOGR settings in a size 5 so I can wear them on either hand. I think the finger coverage is great, and the diamonds look quite a bit whiter (and bigger) in comparison to the Jewe EC setting. I think the second coloured halo is a fantastic approach! I think I''ll just have it set the way it is, live with it for a while, see if I actually do wear it, and if I just can''t live with it, a tiny diamond or sapphire (pink or yellow) halo might be exactly what it needs! That''s a fantastic idea!!!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 12:39:43 PM
Author:LaurenThePartier
I''ve had this 5x7ish EC sapphire for about 12 months, just laying around doing nothing. It''s a stone I bought from AJSGems, that has a tilt window, and a tiny bit of a face down window.

So, I ordered this setting from Jewelryhoo (Jewe08 or something is his other Ebay ID we all know) and negotiated him to a fair price.

I received it, and I was surprised at how nice it is for the price.

Here are a few pics. . .

Hi Lauren...I have that setting! I think it was you who suggested that seller (jewe2004) to me when I was looking for a setting for my ametrine. My setting looks a bit different from yours, because my center stone is very large, so the proportions aren''t the same. I agree that it''s quite nice for the price.

Pics of the setting and the stone are in this thread. I never did get around to posting the "after" pics!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:58:37 PM
Author: Gailey
LTP, I see the problem. I''m surprised no-one else spotted it. It''s no biggie really

JUST GET A BIGGER DIAMOND!!
I can''t believe it took until page TWO!!!
3.gif

Gailey!
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 6:39:35 PM
Author: jstarfireb

Date: 7/16/2009 12:39:43 PM
Author:LaurenThePartier
I''ve had this 5x7ish EC sapphire for about 12 months, just laying around doing nothing. It''s a stone I bought from AJSGems, that has a tilt window, and a tiny bit of a face down window.

So, I ordered this setting from Jewelryhoo (Jewe08 or something is his other Ebay ID we all know) and negotiated him to a fair price.

I received it, and I was surprised at how nice it is for the price.

Here are a few pics. . .

Hi Lauren...I have that setting! I think it was you who suggested that seller (jewe2004) to me when I was looking for a setting for my ametrine. My setting looks a bit different from yours, because my center stone is very large, so the proportions aren''t the same. I agree that it''s quite nice for the price.

Pics of the setting and the stone are in this thread. I never did get around to posting the ''after'' pics!
Jstarfeb - I just looked through your thread and that setting looks FABULOUS that large! Holy moly, I''m going to start looking for a giant EC now!!!

You definitely should post a new thread if you get a chance! Wowsers!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they''re both pretty in each setting!!
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lauren! I had a different vision of it at first because I thought the angle of the split shank would widen in proportion to the larger halo, but as you can see the parts of the shank are roughly the same distance apart. It''s a different look, but both are really pretty!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ltp- Where is your marquise center stone from?

I''ve been looking for a diamond for my mom, and it turns out she really wants a marquise. I had been looking for rounds and almost went ahead with a really gorgeous $500 .49 carat G VS2 round from GOG, and then thought I should see what she thought of the settings I had picked out for it. Well, I was in for a big surprise, because it turns out she has always wanted a marquise..so the search continues.

So far, I really haven''t been able to find many marquises at all, and definitely ones that I can afford. (Budget around $600, give or take some) Any suggestions?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I personally like the airline, I think it would be too busy if you added more metal.

Love the sapphire BTW

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
BTW, in response to the air line issue...I''m not a fan of airlines, but I''m also not a fan of a whole lot of metal, so I would add a second halo of diamonds around the center stone. I got the idea from another thread where this was posted:

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=12159

It''s really pretty with 2 concentric halos!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, I''ve just seen your marquise set in the gallery shots - it looks amazing! Where''s the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results