shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Manicures!

boysenberry

Rough_Rock
pandabee|1354879930|3325276 said:
Madelise that second attempt looks good! Did you try just dabbing the glitter on the tips? That works better in general with chunky glitter. My fave gold glitter that is multiple sizes is Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow but it's on the more expensive side.

I prefer Poshe for my shiny/sealing top coat...it doesn't seem to shrink on me as much as with Seche Vite. I do need to find something to thin it out though, I may have to try Seche Restore.

Madelise I have Essie As Gold As It Gets, but the glitter is tiny in that one so I think the effect would be different, but on the other hand you may have more control since it requires many layers. I've also read that it's an ok dupe of Deborah Lippmann Here Comes the Queen.

pandabee I love Poshe too! That was my go-to for a while but Seche is more readily available in stores so I've been using it more. I think Seche dries a little faster but they are basically the same to me - both get gooey and unusable halfway through. I've been liking Seche Restore so far, not just for my Seche but also for my older polishes. Give it a try!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh that Deborah Lipmann one is perfect!! Too bad it's SO pricey!! It's more than gel polishes! I stopped by my local nail supply store, and picked up a $3 bottle of mixed gold glitter polish.. the closest thing to what I prefer.

I'm getting closer!
photo-2_12.jpg

And.. is this photo enough proof that ya'll need to come visit me in Los Angeles? :naughty:
photo-1_17.jpg

You know you want to, Pandabee :naughty: :bigsmile: ;))

(not sure why the photos are sideways..)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Looks good! I know it's so ridiculous for a bottle of polish. I splurge occasionally and even then I always find it when it's on sale, like 20% off at least. Not sure if they are excluded from any of the coupons at Saks or Nordies but they are sold there as well.

Wee I would love to visit you...both for that and for h. moradi! And you of course ;-) I think they upload sideways sometimes when it's from my phone?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1354911941|3325684 said:
Looks good! I know it's so ridiculous for a bottle of polish. I splurge occasionally and even then I always find it when it's on sale, like 20% off at least. Not sure if they are excluded from any of the coupons at Saks or Nordies but they are sold there as well.

Wee I would love to visit you...both for that and for h. moradi! And you of course ;-) I think they upload sideways sometimes when it's from my phone?

Haha, I'd drive you to H.Moradi! And Claude Morady. And SN Queens and Single Stone. :naughty: :naughty: Hell, we can make a date with Grace from JbEG too.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Madelise--I liked your polish so much that I copied it ;-) Hope ya' don't mind... But I don't like dark or bright polish on my manhands so I went with a snowflake theme. Sally Hanson Polar Bare with Essie luxe effects Set In Stones topcoat. I love the sparkle just on the tips. It's subtle, but super cute for the holidays!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1355218101.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1355218117.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It looks very cute!! I'm a big fan of the subtle sparkle.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
madelise said:
Boysenberry - I just added gold to my red! I attempted to do a glitter gradient, like I did with my purple.. but the gold I have is hard to maneuver :nono: and the glitter is all one size.

photo_107.jpg

Does anyone have any recs for a gold glitter polish that has multiple sized glitter pieces?

LLC - yes, school does that to ya ;)) Can you get gel polish mani's? When my nails are pretty, I don't bite. Acrylics make me want to bite anytime it grows out and I don't have time to get a fill.

Mayflowers - you can use a gel polish top coat on top of your regular polish. You just need to make sure your regular polish is completely dried throughout, so wait a few hours. Gel polish always makes my polish last pretty long.

FYI--the Essie luxe effects line has a gold glitter with different sizes of glitter, if you're still looking! I also bought a bottle of ELF gold glitter when I was at target the other day, but I have yet to try it.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1355215276|3328335 said:
Madelise--I liked your polish so much that I copied it ;-) Hope ya' don't mind... But I don't like dark or bright polish on my manhands so I went with a snowflake theme. Sally Hanson Polar Bare with Essie luxe effects Set In Stones topcoat. I love the sparkle just on the tips. It's subtle, but super cute for the holidays!

Lol, no, how could you! I copyrighted that look! All those pics on Pinterest? MINE!!! hehehe. Cute, tuffy!! :appl:

boysenberry

Rough_Rock
ooh tuffyluvr very cute! I have some of the Essie luxe effects and they are fun to play with - I really love the look of just doing the tips.

I tried an at-home gel mani yesterday - the LED light nearly blinded me but so far so good! I love that you can apply normal polish over the gel and wipe it off with regular nail polish remover. Methinks I will be experimenting with nail art :D

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
boysenberry|1355255394|3328712 said:
ooh tuffyluvr very cute! I have some of the Essie luxe effects and they are fun to play with - I really love the look of just doing the tips.

I tried an at-home gel mani yesterday - the LED light nearly blinded me but so far so good! I love that you can apply normal polish over the gel and wipe it off with regular nail polish remover. Methinks I will be experimenting with nail art :D

Yeah, I hate that stupid light. I block my hands/light with a towel sometimes, and I look far away. I don't think the light is healthy for our eyes :errrr:

How are you liking the gel though? And the LED light!!! I had a nail party at a GF's house a few days ago. I did 3 sets of nails! Hehe, all the gals are loving it.

boysenberry

Rough_Rock
madelise|1355256322|3328734 said:
boysenberry|1355255394|3328712 said:

Yeah, I hate that stupid light. I block my hands/light with a towel sometimes, and I look far away. I don't think the light is healthy for our eyes :errrr:

How are you liking the gel though? And the LED light!!! I had a nail party at a GF's house a few days ago. I did 3 sets of nails! Hehe, all the gals are loving it.

Yea I definitely looked away from the light but wow, way brighter than I was expecting! I am liking the gel so far- very shiny and I am not afraid to go poking/scratching at things (I am not very careful with my nails in general). I've never had a UV light, so I can't compare, but even though LED is supposed to be faster I think the whole manicure still took me 20+ minutes. I was trying to be uber careful with painting "within the lines" hehe. Normally I don't care if I get polish on my finger bc I just wash it off in the shower. My pet peeve is when there are gaps or spots I've missed so I tend to err on the side of going too close to the skin. Guess I just need more practice!

I also tried that removal method of covering your nails with a thin layer of cotton soaked in remover (for my regular polish) and it has revolutionized my life! SO much cleaner/faster than scrubbing away at my nails forever and using a billion cotton balls.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
boysenberry|1355256935|3328749 said:
Yea I definitely looked away from the light but wow, way brighter than I was expecting! I am liking the gel so far- very shiny and I am not afraid to go poking/scratching at things (I am not very careful with my nails in general). I've never had a UV light, so I can't compare, but even though LED is supposed to be faster I think the whole manicure still took me 20+ minutes. I was trying to be uber careful with painting "within the lines" hehe. Normally I don't care if I get polish on my finger bc I just wash it off in the shower. My pet peeve is when there are gaps or spots I've missed so I tend to err on the side of going too close to the skin. Guess I just need more practice!

I also tried that removal method of covering your nails with a thin layer of cotton soaked in remover (for my regular polish) and it has revolutionized my life! SO much cleaner/faster than scrubbing away at my nails forever and using a billion cotton balls.

Yes, it's tough to get a hang of coloring inside the lines.. if it hits a cuticle or whatever, it'll lift and come off :errrr: I also get annoyed, and want it as close to the skin as possible, so I make sure to push and cut my cuticles neatly. It takes some getting used to, but you'll get it! I often have to redo a nail or two in a few days because I accidentally got it on the skin, and it lifts off. No biggie!

And yes! I seriously wasted so many cotton balls and tissues taking off polish throughout the years. I wish I had known longer just to let it sit!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I never get my nails done, but I already told Andrew that I'll be treating myself to a professional one after the engagement! I'm looking forward to it. I know I"ll do the gel kind since I hate acrylics...what color should I go for?!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1355697208|3332938 said:
I never get my nails done, but I already told Andrew that I'll be treating myself to a professional one after the engagement! I'm looking forward to it. I know I"ll do the gel kind since I hate acrylics...what color should I go for?!

Do you like French tips? They'll last the longest, since there's no worrying about regrowth, and you can file it down from the top if you want. The rest of your nail will be shiny, and the regrowth will be just nail, so you can put a top coat over it yourself. I've had my French tips last a very long time. Or you can cover regrowth with a plain solid colored manicure using a reverse glitter gradient like I have on my tips. I'll be reversing the gradient next week, since my nails are growing and it's looking funny. I'll post a pic when I do. Here's an inspiration photo off Pinterest:

80079699595031189_oyajfa67_c.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

How about pink with a bit of sparkle?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1355708475|3333049 said:

Do you like French tips? They'll last the longest, since there's no worrying about regrowth, and you can file it down from the top if you want. The rest of your nail will be shiny, and the regrowth will be just nail, so you can put a top coat over it yourself. I've had my French tips last a very long time. Or you can cover regrowth with a plain solid colored manicure using a reverse glitter gradient like I have on my tips. I'll be reversing the gradient next week, since my nails are growing and it's looking funny. I'll post a pic when I do. Here's an inspiration photo off Pinterest:

80079699595031189_oyajfa67_c.jpg

I love this!! And the lilac!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1355708827|3333056 said:

;)) My cheap ass loves any way to cover regrowth and preserve manicures! :$$): hehe!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1355709398|3333071 said:

;)) My cheap a$$ loves any way to cover regrowth and preserve manicures! :$$): hehe!

Hehe why do you think I chose the sparkle gradient French for when I got gels?? So easy with regrowing when the base was clear!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1355712470|3333119 said:

;)) My cheap a$$ loves any way to cover regrowth and preserve manicures! :$$): hehe!

Hehe why do you think I chose the sparkle gradient French for when I got gels?? So easy with regrowing when the base was clear!

Hahahaha. One pick up line I used on SO when we first met was, "I'm economically friendly on your wallet-- I get drunk on one beer!"
I'm quite proud of my cheapness. HAHAHAHA.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1355713476|3333132 said:
pandabee|1355712470|3333119 said:

Hahahaha. One pick up line I used on SO when we first met was, "I'm economically friendly on your wallet-- I get drunk on one beer!"
I'm quite proud of my cheapness. HAHAHAHA.

LOL the perks of being Asian ;))

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone interested in something to help make your nails longer and stronger, I recommend nailtiques. I found out about it in a Hangout thread. The before and after shots inspired me to buy it and I am so happy with my results. You can find the thread by searching the word nailtiques.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
daintyG|1355716582|3333159 said:
For anyone interested in something to help make your nails longer and stronger, I recommend nailtiques. I found out about it in a Hangout thread. The before and after shots inspired me to buy it and I am so happy with my results. You can find the thread by searching the word nailtiques.

Thanks, Dainty :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I do tend towards lighter colors so that when they do eventually chip it's not AS obvious. I do love french, but that seems so "dressed up" to me. It's something I always did for weddings/proms, etc. I don't think it would look natural enough on me since I don't do nails very often. I'm thinking a solid color. I like the sparkly pink idea panda!

boysenberry

Rough_Rock

audball

Ideal_Rock
Love that color boysen!

boysenberry

Rough_Rock
audball|1355755365|3333388 said:
Love that color boysen!

Thank you! Sorry I didn't mean to just jump in and be all "look at my nails" -- I meant to suggest that maybe you can try a darker but still neutral color for your mani!

audball

Ideal_Rock
boysenberry|1355755667|3333392 said:
Love that color boysen!

Thank you! Sorry I didn't mean to just jump in and be all "look at my nails" -- I meant to suggest that maybe you can try a darker but still neutral color for your mani!
Oh, not at all! I love that shade! I always tend towards mauve-y colors. I like the way they look against my skin. Hopefully they'll have something that is neutral, but "wintery" and nice all at the same time!

My friend told me today (after talking about a chip in her own nail) that I should try and keep mine nice...I think she knows something! :Up_to_something:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1355773391|3333570 said:
boysenberry|1355755667|3333392 said:
Love that color boysen!

Oh, not at all! I love that shade! I always tend towards mauve-y colors. I like the way they look against my skin. Hopefully they'll have something that is neutral, but "wintery" and nice all at the same time!

My friend told me today (after talking about a chip in her own nail) that I should try and keep mine nice...I think she knows something! :Up_to_something:

She totally brought up the topic of her own chipped nails to hint!!! EEK!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: What a good friend. I think you should just forget about waiting until he proposes, and treat yourself to a nice gel manicure. With all the stuff you've been enduring, you deserve a nice spoilage :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results