shape
carat
color
clarity

Lindsay Lohan arrested again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 3:22:22 PM
Author: cara
Oh, I feel sympathy for her. She''s an addict, and out of control.

You think she wants to be doing drugs and drinking 11 days out of her SECOND rehab stint in a year? Maybe the second trip to rehab was part publicity stunt to mitigate her first DUI, but the first trip to rehab was prior to any actual legal trouble and she ''voluntarily'' stayed an extra stint on rehab trip #2.

The ankle bracelet was being monitored daily by an independent lab, according to her lawyer, and while it wasn''t court ordered, I think her legal team was going to use the data as proof of sobriety and argue for leniency on her first DUI. Of course, they didn''t plan on her relapse and second DUI. Maybe the lawyers didn''t actually think she is an addict; maybe they thought she was just stupid like Paris.

Lindsay was driving b/c she''s out of control. Responsible people around her are trying to keep her sober, so when she falls off the wagon she''s doing it with her idoit peeps and on the sly. For all those years of partying headlines in the tabloids, she didn''t have any legal troubles. Back then, she must have been using drivers, been more in control if/when she was driving drunk, and had smarter peeps covering for her and helping her score.

I don''t think Paris and Britney are the same as Lindsay. Paris was just stupid - continuing to drive on a suspended license - but she hasn''t been making headlines getting more DUIs or being a partying fool any more than is her job. Brit also seems out of control, but its not clear that it is substance abuse, or at least that substance abuse is the primary problem.

The Robert Downey Jr./Lindsay comparison is apt - at least in terms of both being very talented actors who probably will do a stint in jail related to their addiciton issues. Hopefully Lindsay can come out the other side sober and resurrect her career...

I agree with all this too. It''s textbook alcoholism at this point.

Second-offense DUI in California is almost always going to involve jail time, though probably only in the neighborhood of what Paris did. Maybe she''ll get the point this time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results