shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s talk kitchen sinks, please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OK... in conjunction with this thread that I just posted (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-kitchen-talk-please-anyone-have-a-silgranit-sink.97994/), I have a few more kitchen sink questions, please.

In our upcoming kitchen remodel, the dishwasher will be located to the left of the sink. We are planning on getting a double bowl sink, with one side larger/deeper than the other. I've never had a sink with assymetrical bowls before. For those of you that have a sink like this... please tell me:

1. On which side (left or right) do you have your large bowl?
2. On which side do you have your disposer?
3. And why did you choose that way?!

Honestly, I have spent waaaay too much time thinking/wondering about this. So all advice/input/suggestions welcome and appreciated! Thanks!
1.gif

Lynn

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is exactly where our dishwasher is.

1. On which side (left or right) do you have your large bowl?

The large bowl is on the right.

2. On which side do you have your disposer?

The disposer is on the left (small side)

3. And why did you choose that way?!

House came this way
2.gif
But it works well. I guess b/c you can soak stuff in the large side and use the small side for clean up/food disposal. The only thing that is annoying is the spray thing is on the left of the faucet and we are right handed.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''ve mostly seen the larger basin on the left-hand side along with the disposal. Not really sure why. You probably want more counterspace next to the larger basin though to give you more room to move around.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Normally for a right handed person you want the larger one to the left as it is for washing and it has the disposal.
That way you are using your right hand to move the dish to rinse.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies!

My sister says she thinks the big bowl on left or right is definitely a preference thing, but that "absolutely"
2.gif
the disposer should be on the SMALL side!!! Rinse off stuff there and then wash in the large side.

Oh, decisions, decisions!!! Buying a diamond is WAY easier than buying a kitchen!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn, I agree with your sister and that is how it is on our sink.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results