shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon''s Ruby Poppy ring.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Have you SEEN this?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
If only I had an extra $35K kicking around...sigh.

“Poppy flower” with ajoured leaves trimmed with thin platinum wire and studied with 500 rubies. The center of the flower is done “en tremblant”: any minute movement or disturbance, even a slight blow of air will cause the anther mounted on a tiny spring to quiver.
Center stone is a fancy yellow rose cut diamond surrounded by a cluster of fancy orange diamonds.
There are 50 white diamonds in the gold undercarriage and the shank. A truly unique and highly collectible, party shocker, looking for nice owner in the vicinity of Hollywood. Must understand and admire mystical powers of a poppy flower.

Center stone is a 1.54 ct yellow rose cut round diamond

500 rubies 10.75 ct total weight
12 orange diamonds total weight 0.70 ct
50 white diamonds, total weight 0.63 ct

Size: 6
This ring could be sized approximately half a size up or down
Material: Silver, platinum. 18K yellow gold

$ 35,000 - "Ring" #1-0209

r1241_134Ww.jpeg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2009 12:58:06 PM
Author:DianaBanana

Have you SEEN this?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
If only I had an extra $35K kicking around...sigh.

“Poppy flower” with ajoured leaves trimmed with thin platinum wire and studied with 500 rubies. The center of the flower is done “en tremblant”: any minute movement or disturbance, even a slight blow of air will cause the anther mounted on a tiny spring to quiver.
Center stone is a fancy yellow rose cut diamond surrounded by a cluster of fancy orange diamonds.
There are 50 white diamonds in the gold undercarriage and the shank. A truly unique and highly collectible, party shocker, looking for nice owner in the vicinity of Hollywood. Must understand and admire mystical powers of a poppy flower.

Center stone is a 1.54 ct yellow rose cut round diamond

500 rubies 10.75 ct total weight
12 orange diamonds total weight 0.70 ct
50 white diamonds, total weight 0.63 ct

Size: 6
This ring could be sized approximately half a size up or down
Material: Silver, platinum. 18K yellow gold

$ 35,000 - ''Ring'' #1-0209
30.gif
only I would be too nervous to wear it around and would have to put it in a display case
3.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Well, I never thought I would live to see the day when I saw a Leon I didn''t like!

A tad ostentatious for Gailey that one! Make a nice brooch!

Diana, what news?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While beautiful, it is a bit ornate for my taste! If I was lucky enough to have $35k lying around, I would buy at least 3 Leon pieces. He really does have beautiful jewelry!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Not my style, but who ever made it is a true master of his art.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a ring that I definitely can’t pull off.
23.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little too much for me, not to mention, if they started coming loose and falling out over time I''d go crazy! I''d rather just have the center diamond in a solitaire, haha, guess I"m just boring.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Not my style for a ring, but I would wear the heck out of it as a brooch!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
MTG, stones wouldn''t start falling out cause these kinds of things are serviced on a regular basis, like a car - partly because they cost like one
9.gif
Jokes aside, I don''t doubt the quality of work in this ring.

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 1:19:20 PM
Author: Gailey
Well, I never thought I would live to see the day when I saw a Leon I didn''t like!

A tad ostentatious for Gailey that one! Make a nice brooch!

Diana, what news?
I''d love to be able to afford to wear ostentatious jewelry!!
25.gif

No news, I approved the new work order on 9/4 - I''m going to try to be patient, I''ll ask for an update at the beginning of October. The sapphire has been in their hands for about 5 months now, I''m trying to remain excited about the project but it''s turned into a little bit of a bummer.
7.gif

Seeing this ruby ring gave me a little boost of excitement because the creativity and workmanship are so remarkable...I know my ring will be worth the wait.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Diana pet, you have been more than patient. 5 months is a long time to wait. Especially when Chiapet is posting her pink halo and telling everyone it took 3 weeks (SMTR). Now I know you can''t compare the two, but still. I don''t think a little phone call would be un-toward.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not something I would wear, but I would definitely admire it on someone else.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thats exceptional. But yeah, not my style. I''d be terrified to wear it, too! Thats also why I''m all for cheaper looking cars
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please forgive me for this but .................... similar designs are plastered all over the tv jewellery shopping channels in the UK. Okay I know they''re nowhere near Leon''s standards but ..........

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UCL9863&category=clearance&colourScheme=9
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UVN8448&category=webgame&game=3000005492595&colourScheme=9
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UAL8157&category=preweb&colourScheme=9

If I were going to buy a Leon, I''d most definitely NOT buy this design - especially for $35k! Sorry!

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 3:26:16 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Please forgive me for this but .................... similar designs are plastered all over the tv jewellery shopping channels in the UK. Okay I know they''re nowhere near Leon''s standards but ..........

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UCL9863&category=clearance&colourScheme=9
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UVN8448&category=webgame&game=3000005492595&colourScheme=9
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UAL8157&category=preweb&colourScheme=9

If I were going to buy a Leon, I''d most definitely NOT buy this design - especially for $35k! Sorry!
Yes, but are they done done “en tremblant”? Hee hee!
2.gif
I think Leon''s description is pretty amusing!

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 2:49:41 PM
Author: Gailey
Diana pet, you have been more than patient. 5 months is a long time to wait. Especially when Chiapet is posting her pink halo and telling everyone it took 3 weeks (SMTR). Now I know you can''t compare the two, but still. I don''t think a little phone call would be un-toward.
Thanks for the reassurance Gailey - I just sent Rachael an email...will keep you posted!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2009 4:06:58 PM
Author: DianaBanana

Date: 9/21/2009 3:26:16 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Yes, but are they done done “en tremblant”? Hee hee!
2.gif
I think Leon''s description is pretty amusing!
No but Leon''s price certainly made me go a bit en tremblant!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a piece of art!!! I would definitely wear that ring(if I had the $$$ laying around) :) I can see it with a fabulous little black dress at a cocktail party!

Diana-hang in there, I am sure it will all be worth the wait!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an amazing ring. It''s not an everyday ring but if I owned I think I''d have to find a place to wear it :) Love the colors together.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Ahh- Dianabanana- glad you''re still out there! and in good spirits...I have been watching for a post from you.
This piece is pretty but yours will be a work of art- just a little longer .Be sure to let us know!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I can''t see me wearing it...It''s kinda cool.

I also couldn''t bring myself to spend that much on a ring...well I probably couldn''t...

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
This LM poppy ring is definitely a conversation piece, but I would like it better as a pin. However, there are many LM rings that I like better. If I have $35,000 to spend on a LM ring, this will not be my first choice.

AN

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is beautiful, I''m not sure about the yellow diamond, I need a face on photo.

I''m sure there''re gorgeous ladies out there who can carry this look but unfortunately I''m not one of them.
9.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Owww i think I just developed an ulcer looking at that price. The ring is not my style but definitly a conversation starter.
27.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this turned into an interesting thread!

First of all, let me just assure those of you who think they could never spend this much on a ring, that you could - believe me. Cause to people who buy such things, 35k is like 350$ to the rest of us. Not to mention that those folks know enough places where they could wear such pieces, as they attend those fancy-schmancy jet-set parties, award ceremonies, fundraising dinners etc.

And about LD''s suggestions - well hon, nothing wrong with those things, but if they''re affordable, that doesen''t mean they''re still not overpriced. Now, I know I sound like a crazy person sometimes, when I try to defend these kinds of prices, but in many cases they are justified. For instance, you can''t say that the LM design isn''t quite original. Of course it''s not something totally out of this world, but it sure has a degree of originality, especially when it comes to wearing - because of the spring that allows movement. On the other hand, tv shopping networks "come up" with their designs by browsing catalogs of high-end jewellers and well-known designers, to see what would be the easiest and most profitable thing to copy. Then they shrink the number of stones used from 500+ to 20, replace platinum with silver and send it all to be manufactured in some village in the middle of nowhere. That''s why they''re notorious for their "quality". That''s also why their "Cartier panthers" have the same resemblence to the originals as my Mona Lisa would have to it''s original. One of the reasons why some jewellers can price their work very high, is because quality of their workmanship is something very few people could ever truly copy. And that''s probably the most obvious in the pave work, as true pave uses stones of different sizes to fill as much space as possible, at the same time keeping prongs virtually invisible, while those "paves" done by tv shopping networks usually fill the gaps with a zillion prongs visible from far away. People who do fantastic pave are true artists that are few and hard to find. Rarity and quality of the materials used is another important factor, so things like that LM ring are really something that can be considered unique, while 50$ copies can be done by any benchman in your local B&M store.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boy, can Leon ever bench!

DianaBanana,
I''m sorry it''s taking so long. I''ll be going to Leon''s tomorrow. Shall I ask about the ''DianaBanana'' ring?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Crap. It''s my size . . .

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 1:38:46 PM
Author: Harriet
Boy, can Leon ever bench!

DianaBanana,
I''m sorry it''s taking so long. I''ll be going to Leon''s tomorrow. Shall I ask about the ''DianaBanana'' ring?
Hi there Harriet....I''ll be patient for a while longer but will be pissed if you manage to get another new beauty before mine is finished!!
27.gif
2.gif

I still haven''t heard back from Rachael and I''m somewhat curious as to what Leon has to say, I''m sure he''s as frustrated as I am! If you feel like asking about it, I''m all ears.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
To me, what makes the ring a feat is the use of the a jour and en tremblant techniques.

Diana,
How do I ask about Banana''s ring? :)

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 8:32:13 PM
Author: Harriet
To me, what makes the ring a feat is the use of the a jour and en tremblant techniques.

Diana,
How do I ask about Banana''s ring? :)
1.gif
I''d love to hear your thoughts on the Poppy ring if you see it in person, especially the movement of the center stone! I know it''s a little over the top but I LOVE it.

I think Leon would know me best by Diana with the blue cushion sapphire (halo with a three pointed shank). Yup, pretty sure that would ring several bells for him.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results