shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:58:29 PM
Author: Gailey
Ok, so that would be two ears, nose, navel and .......

......Well I''m sure there''s something else you could pierce for a frenchie!
Ouch!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 7:55:46 AM
Author: Chrono
Toe ring!
2.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:36:06 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 7/13/2009 10:54:02 PM
OK, do you mean that you are going to set the frenchies between two rows of rounds?

I guess the next question is what do you plan to wear it with? White is more flexible I guess, but I'm a big lover of Pink and Orange together.

You intrigue me, care to share where you are finding French Cuts?
Yes. It's meant to be worn on days when I don't want or can't wear my wedding set. Orange diamonds?!
6.gif
$$$ Mine are from a friend, who will kill me if I out him on PS. Leon has his own sources too.
No, you silly minx - not orange diamonds. I was thinking that a pink eternity band would look good with the Spess - duh!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:13:58 PM
Ltl to the rescue!

Megeve, Gailey,
I bought more diamond French cuts, smaller ones this time (3mm). I''m having Leon make an eternity band with them. They have to be channel-set. Because I don''t like the look of the metal rims, I''m asking him to micropave them. Question: White single cuts or pink full cuts?
I like the idea of pink full cuts with the frenchies. Should be a lovely stand alone eternity ring!!
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully, you can get the single cut pinks in very strong colours otherwise might as well stick with the colourless ones.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
So..I figure since Leon has a thread of his own I''d post this in here rather than start a new one..I went ahead and filled out the quote form for this ring yesterday and got a reply today. I was kinda reluctant to open it, after reading some of the things on here..I had visions of "Gah, stupid woman no way will I change that ring for you!" I''d asked about doing it with 3 rose cuts instead of the tourms, and plain bands instead of micropave. (tho really, I adore the micropave, I just worry I''d ruin it somehow). He sends back a nice email that sure, it can be done with all rose cuts and to call him and he''d talk to me more about it over the phone.

But-I feel bad doing that b/c I know he''s super busy, and I put on the quote form that it''s for the future..I want to do my ering first. Will he feel I''m completely wasting his time?

3stoneleonring.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 4:58:25 PM
Author: packrat
So..I figure since Leon has a thread of his own I''d post this in here rather than start a new one..I went ahead and filled out the quote form for this ring yesterday and got a reply today. I was kinda reluctant to open it, after reading some of the things on here..I had visions of ''Gah, stupid woman no way will I change that ring for you!'' I''d asked about doing it with 3 rose cuts instead of the tourms, and plain bands instead of micropave. (tho really, I adore the micropave, I just worry I''d ruin it somehow). He sends back a nice email that sure, it can be done with all rose cuts and to call him and he''d talk to me more about it over the phone.

But-I feel bad doing that b/c I know he''s super busy, and I put on the quote form that it''s for the future..I want to do my ering first. Will he feel I''m completely wasting his time?
Packrat, unless you are absolutely sure you are going to get that ring made and want the quote to budget, I''d leave it until after you get your ering done first. He will only give you two quotes before you have to give retainer (or get blackballed if he thinks you are wasting his time.) He sounds like the type of guy who doesn''t appreciate his time wasted. It is what it is.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 5:16:12 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Packrat, unless you are absolutely sure you are going to get that ring made and want the quote to budget, I''d leave it until after you get your ering done first. He will only give you two quotes before you have to give retainer (or get blackballed if he thinks you are wasting his time.) He sounds like the type of guy who doesn''t appreciate his time wasted. It is what it is.
I can understand his rationale. He gets calls from people who have no intention of commissioning any pieces, whether it be due to budget or other reasons. (Packrat, please don''t think I''m referring to you in any way.
1.gif
) I''ve been on his blacklist myself and hubby is on his permanent blacklist!

Chrono, Gailey, Megeve,
Thanks!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I like the pink diamond rim only because it is different :).

Packrat: I would do one ring at a time with him.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, thanks guys! I guess when I filled out the form I was hoping he''d give me a little bit of an idea what it could cost, so I''d know if it''s going to be a pie in the sky dream ring or if it could actually be doable. My guess is pie in the sky, but you never know I suppose..I thought a Jim Meyer ering would be totally out of my reach, and that will be in the works shortly, I hope!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:45:25 PM
I haven''t asked him, but I''ve seen it done. Why white single cuts vs. pink full cuts? That''s because I suspect the latter are tough to find. Ok, forget about the cut -- which colour?

Don''t tempt me with earrings. I have 5 bigger Frenchies that I haven''t figured out.

I''d say white. If it were a more "fun" piece, pink for sure. But something as classic and Leon quality, I''d go with the white which would not get old.

How big are the bigger frenchies??

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 7:41:26 PM

Date: 7/14/2009 5:16:12 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I can understand his rationale. He gets calls from people who have no intention of commissioning any pieces, whether it be due to budget or other reasons. (Packrat, please don''t think I''m referring to you in any way.
1.gif
) I''ve been on his blacklist myself and hubby is on his permanent blacklist!

Chrono, Gailey, Megeve,
Thanks!
"Tyre Kickers", gardeners meet them all the time!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 8:10:16 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 7/13/2009 10:45:25 PM
I haven''t asked him, but I''ve seen it done. Why white single cuts vs. pink full cuts? That''s because I suspect the latter are tough to find. Ok, forget about the cut -- which colour?

Don''t tempt me with earrings. I have 5 bigger Frenchies that I haven''t figured out.

I''d say white. If it were a more ''fun'' piece, pink for sure. But something as classic and Leon quality, I''d go with the white which would not get old.

How big are the bigger frenchies??
OK, I think you should have 3 separate rings: two skinny pavé bands and a separate French band. That way you can have the outer bands in white and in pink. err that would be 5 bands in total
emteeth.gif

Sorted!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat,
If it’s for something down the line, I’d wait until you are ready because pricing will mostly likely change by then. Cost of labour, diamonds, and metal will fluctuate and who knows how much more it might increase.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ACK-I don''t want him to think I''m a looky loo/tire kicker! I 100% want that ring for my 3 stone, but it won''t be till next year..I''ll do as suggested and wait a while. Do I email him back and tell him that, or not? I don''t want to be rude by not..is it?

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:20:53 PM
ACK-I don''t want him to think I''m a looky loo/tire kicker! I 100% want that ring for my 3 stone, but it won''t be till next year..I''ll do as suggested and wait a while. Do I email him back and tell him that, or not? I don''t want to be rude by not..is it?

If you tell him that he''s getting your business in the future I''m not sure how he could be mad with you... Although it probably would have been better to wait until you were in the position to purchase given the quote now might not be what it will be in the future with the fluxuating costs of metals and diamonds.

I would thank him for the quote and tell him you are excited to work with him in the future. and let him know that as soon as you are in a position to purchase you''ll get in touch with him again.

I don''t know why everyone thinks leon is short tempered... I''m having the e-ring made and he''s been nothing but nice and answers all my questions nicely. I suppose if you''re a tire kicker or window shopper he might take a different approach, but if you''re serious about purchasing from him he''s been great to work with in my experience.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
He didn''t give me a quote, he just said to call him and he''d answer questions about changing the ring and stuff. That''s why I wasn''t sure about calling him..I can''t buy right now, and I don''t want to waste his time yakking on the phone..that was why I''d filled out the form-if it''s going to be like, $10,000, I''d have to sell my kids to afford it..but if it would be say, like $3000, or I was the 1 millionth quote requester so it wouldbe free..haha, we could swing that maybe next year. I would of course see any quote as a guidline b/c it would be different by next year.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 1:03:30 PM
Author: giraffecushion

Date: 7/15/2009 12:20:53 PM

If you tell him that he''s getting your business in the future I''m not sure how he could be mad with you... Although it probably would have been better to wait until you were in the position to purchase given the quote now might not be what it will be in the future with the fluxuating costs of metals and diamonds.

I would thank him for the quote and tell him you are excited to work with him in the future. and let him know that as soon as you are in a position to purchase you''ll get in touch with him again.

I don''t know why everyone thinks leon is short tempered... I''m having the e-ring made and he''s been nothing but nice and answers all my questions nicely. I suppose if you''re a tire kicker or window shopper he might take a different approach, but if you''re serious about purchasing from him he''s been great to work with in my experience.
He''s not short tempered, but he does have policies. A 2 quote max before a retainer is required.

packrat, I''d just send him an email that the project has been postponed at this time and you will contact him once you are able for a quote. I''m sure he''ll appreciate the status and no harm no foul.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
So..I figure since Leon has a thread of his own I''d post this in here rather than start a new one..I went ahead and filled out the quote form for this ring yesterday and got a reply today. I was kinda reluctant to open it, after reading some of the things on here..I had visions of ''Gah, stupid woman no way will I change that ring for you!'' I''d asked about doing it with 3 rose cuts instead of the tourms, and plain bands instead of micropave. (tho really, I adore the micropave, I just worry I''d ruin it somehow). He sends back a nice email that sure, it can be done with all rose cuts and to call him and he''d talk to me more about it over the phone.

If it gives you a frame of reference, I can tell you I paid in the 3k range for that setting a year ago. I provided the center stone and he provided everything else. The side stones were .26 ctw oval diamonds (not rose cuts) and about .5 ctw melee (the melee on mine goes slightly more than half way around.)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 11:24:52 PM
OK, I think you should have 3 separate rings: two skinny pavé bands and a separate French band. That way you can have the outer bands in white and in pink. err that would be 5 bands in total
emteeth.gif

Sorted!
Ha! I wish.

Ltl,
I suggested Paraiba melee and he told me to set them myself.

Icekid,
4mm.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
packrat-I wouldn't bother to call him either way(to get a quote or to tell him you are waiting a year) nor would I bother to email him that you are waiting-I really don't think he would care if you are waiting, he is only interested in working with you if you are really ready to go ahead with a project. He can get snippy very quickly and Love that ring by the way :)

Harriet-I'd say pink, if you are willing to go in the Fancy to Fancy Intense range-or else the stones can sometimes look white in different lighting situations.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stepcutnut,
Yup, the pinks are an option only if they are highly saturated.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 6:06:51 PM
Stepcutnut,

Yup, the pinks are an option only if they are highly saturated.
That''s a really good plan, even Fancy Pinks can look really light in certain lighting!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The funny thing is that, where it comes to a solitaire-sized stone, I prefer the fancies. Just a sweet blush does it for me.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:25:27 PM
Author: Kismet

If it gives you a frame of reference, I can tell you I paid in the 3k range for that setting a year ago. I provided the center stone and he provided everything else. The side stones were .26 ctw oval diamonds (not rose cuts) and about .5 ctw melee (the melee on mine goes slightly more than half way around.)

Kismet, thank you! I wanted to ask but wasn''t sure if it was appropriate or not, so thank you for volunteering! I wouldn''t have melee, just plain bands, and have him source all 3 rose cuts..soooo..I''m guessing $4000 to $5000 or better. Well..maybe I''ll only have to sell one of the kids. I had thought at first that if it was spendy I''d just have to find something else..but I don''t think I can-I adore it, and I''ve never seen anything like that at any of the other vendors!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went ahead and emailed him back. I apologized for jumping the gun and requesting a quote before I was ready to actually start. He said it would make more sense (as mentioned before here) to quote sooner to when I''m ready, but that if I had any questions to go ahead and call. He was real nice about it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leon sure sounds very professional. I was concerned he might get all huffy and temperamental like I’ve been reading in the “No soup for you, Leon” thread.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 8:46:48 AM
Author: Chrono
Leon sure sounds very professional. I was concerned he might get all huffy and temperamental like I’ve been reading in the “No soup for you, Leon” thread.

I know it-that was one of the reasons I didn''t want to contact him in the first place, but it was like "Miiiissssiii helllooo you loooove me find out how much I aaaaammmm" whispering to me, so I caved and jumped the gun. I said as much as I wanted to call, I''d feel bad taking his time away from people who''ve already commissioned pieces just to ask him about a ring a year away. He said not to hesitate to call if I still have questions, that he''s not as important as people assume he is.

So, there''s still soup for me!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
As talented as he is, he's just a regular dude. No, Gailey, I didn't check.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 5:48:22 PM
Date: 7/14/2009 11:24:52 PM

emteeth.gif

Sorted!
Ha! I wish.

Ltl,

I suggested Paraiba melee and he told me to set them myself.

Icekid,

4mm.

Because it is too hard or he dosn't like the look?

It would look good with a white diamonds on the outer rim of the ring, I just liked the idea of something different. Either would be pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results