shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege Wedding Band Owners ...I need you !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi Girls !!!!

To all of you that have a band from Leon Mege, I need yourhelp !!!

This is the band we are going to put with my engagement ring...

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=298

when I spoke to Leon about this, he did state hedoes not like to put a band with his rings and I certainly understand his reasoning as it does make sense so we spoke briefly about possibly making a thin platinum spacer, maybe 1mm thick so the two rings would not rub together, wearing down the pave, etc, etc.....

He would prefer if I wore the band on my right hand, however I am insistant on putting my wedding band and e-ring together... call me old-fashioned...
emotion-18.gif

So, my question is, do any of you wear your e-ring and band together and if you do, have you noticed any wear and if so, how long did it take ???

The shank on my e-ring is 2 1/4 mm tapering to 2mm at the bottom and I was thinking maybe having the band made at 2.5 mm...

Any hints, tips and advice, as well as pictures would be great !!!!!!

Thanks Girls !

soprano87

Rough_Rock
I have a Leon e-ring; my band is similar to yours, but from Quest. Leon also suggested that I not wear a band with mine, but I (like you) like the traditional look of them together. I decided to get a band with no diamonds on the side. Instead of prongs / stones touching my e-ring, it's just the smooth platinum side.

I haven't noticed any wear in six months, but who knows what can happen down the road. My e-ring basket sits very low, so it definitely gets some contact from the band.

Have you considered getting a pave band that doesn't have the additional diamonds on either side? No one really sees those anyway! ;-) Might save you both some money and some wear on your beautiful e-ring!

You can see my rings and how they sit here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-pricescope-markt-cushion-leon-setting-quest-band.71222/

Thank you for your reply !!! Your rings are BEAUTIFUL !!

I did and am considering having him make a one-sided pave wedding band, but I love, love, love the look of the three sided.... sooo sparkly...

Leon and I did speak of him making a ring that was in between a three-sided and a one-sided, so basically there would be pave on the top, pave on the side that faces out and then just platinum on the side that is against my e-ring...

He was completely speechless when I suggested this....
41.gif

I explained to him I wanted the look of the three-sided pave and since it could potentially harm my ering, I thought this was a good solution !!!!!!!

I''m always thinking !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It can be done, but I would not be able to wear my wedding band alone without it looking a littel weird... pave, pave... no pave !!!!!

But since I really don''t intend on doing this, I may be okay....
31.gif

Oh, the dilemna !!!!

Okay, your ring is beyond beautiful...... I adore your cushion....
30.gif

If life was a dream, my next Leon would be a solitare cushion set with three sided pave.... *swwoooooooon*

I love me some Cushions !!!!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have it made without the pave on the side..less potential headaches. And truthfully, a wedding band sits so close to your finger that you can''t really see the sides well anyway. My suggestion to you would be to go to Tiffany''s and try on the Legacy wedding bands with your ring and get some perspective of the size and how it looks with your ring. They are quite beautiful!

soprano87

Rough_Rock
Thanks, BECG! I am very pleased with what we got. I wanted something simple, but with a twist. What I love about it is that the center stone really shines, since my setting is so simple!

That said, I *do* love my pave band! It''s surprisingly sparkly on its own! I think you should try on a one-sided pave band and see what you think... you can always save the three-sided pave for a RHR!!! ;-)

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 1:44:30 PM
Author:BrownEyedCountryGirl

So, my question is, do any of you wear your e-ring and band together and if you do, have you noticed any wear and if so, how long did it take ???

Thanks Girls !

Before I had my princess remade by him (long story), I wore a plain 2mm band, a Ritani (before I sold it). I had the old setting by Leon for over a year, and the wear and tear was minimal with these bands.

Now that I have a re-made ring (princess not avatar), 3 months later, it''s still fine. Mine''s not elaborate like yours (princess w/ tap. baguettes) but I too feel weird w/o a band.

Have you tried a plain band? I''m curious how that''d look with your ER!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not get a TWO sided pave band made? I.e., pave on one side and the top, but one smooth (or engraved) size with no diamonds to wear against the e-ring?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 6:36:49 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Why not get a TWO sided pave band made? I.e., pave on one side and the top, but one smooth (or engraved) size with no diamonds to wear against the e-ring?
That''s a great idea. Also would check out the Tiffany Legacy band as DS suggested.

dmarielevin

Rough_Rock
I have that exact band from Leon and I wear it everyday with my engagement ring (also by Leon and 3 sided pave). Leon doesn''t like this, but I''ve worn it this way everyday for over a year and have not noticed any damage- it looks just the same as when I got it. I origanally got the band to wear on my right hand but I just thought they looked better together.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
BECG-

There used to be a thread in SMTR with all the Leon mege rings pics in one place. That can be helpful for your questions and to view others with rings and bands combined (for the few who do this with AoP settings). I sent email to moderators to see if they will re-opn so you can add your great new Leon ring. By the way... a certain famous actress who wears a Leon 3 sided pave e-ring DOES wear a wedding band and an anniversary band with her e-ring all the time. I will try to find pic and post, but I only know leon made the e-ring and not sure if he gave his "blessing" to the other bands.

Date: 1/6/2008 8:00:30 PM
Author: dmarielevin
I have that exact band from Leon and I wear it everyday with my engagement ring (also by Leon and 3 sided pave). Leon doesn''t like this, but I''ve worn it this way everyday for over a year and have not noticed any damage- it looks just the same as when I got it. I origanally got the band to wear on my right hand but I just thought they looked better together.
Do you have an pictures you would be able to post of your e-ring and wedding ring together ???

I would love to see them... :)

Thank you for your reply !

Date: 1/7/2008 1:23:05 PM
Author: Green with Envy
BECG-

There used to be a thread in SMTR with all the Leon mege rings pics in one place. That can be helpful for your questions and to view others with rings and bands combined (for the few who do this with AoP settings). I sent email to moderators to see if they will re-opn so you can add your great new Leon ring. By the way... a certain famous actress who wears a Leon 3 sided pave e-ring DOES wear a wedding band and an anniversary band with her e-ring all the time. I will try to find pic and post, but I only know leon made the e-ring and not sure if he gave his ''blessing'' to the other bands.
Thanks Green With Envy !

I didn''t know you could re-open a thread !!!!

Seeing that would certainly help and give me an idea of look and may help answer any questions I might have !!!

Who is the actress with the Leon rings ?

Maybe I could do a search as well...

Thanks Mrs Salvo !!!!

I was looking for that thread...
36.gif

Time to make some tea !!!!!!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
It is all supposed to be "hush hush" because leon will never disclose who he works with for privacy issues.

Soooo... I am saying officially that I have no idea what I am talking about..... but Ashley Judd wears ring just like this pic... but with 2 bands... one of either side. I wish I could find the pic with bands- I think there is one in "celebrity rings" thread somewhere.

LM Ashley.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Mrssalvo beat me to it! yes- that is the thread and I think we have quite a few recent additions to post!

I sent an email to PS moderators earlier today... maybe since you are one of those with pics... you can contact them as well.

*falls off chair*

THAT IS FREAKIN'' BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!

I looooove that ring......

THAT is my DREAM LEON !!!!

I remember seeing that picture and almost dying !!!!!!

I am opening my GOOGLE page as we speak....

Ohhhhh, 2 bands.... *drool*

YUMMY !!!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
because i never mind looking at ashley judd's ring:

Ashley00.jpg

AshleyJudd011.jpg

ashleyjuddbigweb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results