shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege review.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 3:23:59 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Actually Whiteflash has a benchperson who produces prongs that are close to Leonish;

And, I believe I remember a post from Harriet sometime in the past where she found a NYC jeweler whose micropave work looked as though it might be as good as Leon. I don't believe she ever had any work done with them, as she has had happy results with Leon.
Is that pic from WF? That is awesome. I love Leon's prongs though, especially the doubles. Do a search on Micropave whiz and it will pop up, but they don't look as nice as Leon's work imho.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The bench jeweler at NSC does amazing claw prongs. My sapphire ring looks Leonesque. I asked Steve Bliis, he saiid yes that the benchmam had worked for Cartier for years. Not sure if this is helpful, do they sell their settings alone? I dunno. Now you guys will want to see the ring, it was posted in the thread DF and I did, but forget the title. I was and still am very impressed with the setting. HTH..

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that is a custom setting from Whiteflash. I was going to have my pear mounted in it, but decided to delay due to cost. Knowing my preference for clawed prongs, whomever set my stone at Whiteflash in their standard 6 prong setting (actually 5 for my pear) did manage to shave them quite small and they are very delicately tipped with points. There is no reason to settle for those bulblike prongs I see on some settings.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 5:17:28 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Yes, that is a custom setting from Whiteflash. I was going to have my pear mounted in it, but decided to delay due to cost. Knowing my preference for clawed prongs, whomever set my stone at Whiteflash in their standard 6 prong setting (actually 5 for my pear) did manage to shave them quite small and they are very delicately tipped with points. There is no reason to settle for those bulblike prongs I see on some settings.
glad you are happy
1.gif

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Oh Ellen I am so sorry to hear about your stone! I still secretly hope to run into it someday on the streets of STL. (I mean that in the least stalkerish way possible.) As many others have said I think that you have written a fair and well balanced report on your encounter. Here hoping your next piece of jewelry looks just as good, but comes with less of story.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 4:50:05 PM
Author: CrookedRock
That''s not a bad prong at all!
Put me down for at least twenty bucks for the person who finds some more designers for us to use!!
Harriet, would you happen to remember who that jeweler was?
Here you go: http://www.vanguard-jewelry.com/

The father and son behind vanguard were apparently benchmen for T.....y. They do fine micropave, but their designs do not match Leon''s. I haven''t looked at their prongs.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 5:11:13 PM
Author: Kaleigh
The bench jeweler at NSC does amazing claw prongs. My sapphire ring looks Leonesque. I asked Steve Bliis, he saiid yes that the benchmam had worked for Cartier for years. Not sure if this is helpful, do they sell their settings alone? I dunno. Now you guys will want to see the ring, it was posted in the thread DF and I did, but forget the title. I was and still am very impressed with the setting. HTH..
Would this be it madam? Not bad!

DSC021756.jpg

DSC021719.jpg

FG, thank you! I''m tellin ya, it''s much more relaxing down here in the alphabet.
9.gif
2.gif

Thank you Dogmom! And no worries, I truly am enjoying my ring!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 8:52:09 PM
Author: RLG
Oh Ellen I am so sorry to hear about your stone! I still secretly hope to run into it someday on the streets of STL. (I mean that in the least stalkerish way possible.) As many others have said I think that you have written a fair and well balanced report on your encounter. Here hoping your next piece of jewelry looks just as good, but comes with less of story.
Aww, lol! Thank you!
2.gif

And yes, here''s hoping.....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think there are plenty of desingers that do micropave as well as leon, some may argue even better. the catch is Leon will do custom where many of the other well known big names won''t. I think that is one of the reasons why Leon gets so much press here.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 9:12:30 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I think there are plenty of desingers that do micropave as well as leon, some may argue even better. the catch is Leon will do custom where many of the other well known big names won''t. I think that is one of the reasons why Leon gets so much press here.
Bingo!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 11:41:27 PM
Author: Harriet

Put me down for at least twenty bucks for the person who finds some more designers for us to use!!

The father and son behind vanguard were apparently benchmen for T.....y. They do fine micropave, but their designs do not match Leon''s. I haven''t looked at their prongs.
Thanks Harriet. Their work looks very nice! I haven''t decided yet if I am going for a pave wedding band or an eternity, but I will def look into them.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen I have been away and missed your thread :(. I''m sorry you had such an unfortunate thing happened to your beloved grandmother''s stone. Your ring is stunning stunning but the thought that is was damaged when it was in the care of Leon Merge must have made you heart sick.
I appreciate you taking the time and thought and to write your experience. As lots of have said you are one classy lady.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 11:41:27 PM
Author: Harriet

I can vouch fro the finest of their work as when I was in New York the delightful Harriet took me to their showroom. Their pave work is stunning and I got myself or the DH got me a stunning piece for my birthday. I will reveal it closer to the date
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Miss Kate.

I can''t wait to see and hear about your bday gift.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results