shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege review.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
El,
As one of those who encouraged you to send your treasure to Leon, I feel terrible.
39.gif
I''m so sorry.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:57:15 PM
Author: Harriet
El,
As one of those who encouraged you to send your treasure to Leon, I feel terrible.
39.gif
I''m so sorry.
You weren''t the only one Harriet. I led her to Leon after Quest didn''t work out. I feel badly too. But honestly, we aren''t to blame here.

I love Ellen''s upbeat attitude, and am glad she''s enjoying her gorgeous ring!!! That''s what matters most.
2.gif
She''s a class act if ever there was one!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ellen - Thanks for the story of the setting of your beautiful aqua. Sorry to hear that it was not cared for in the manner which it deserved. That''s sloppy work by someone, and I expect that some business will and should go elsewhere. I have no doubt that the aqua was perfect when you got it from Richard.

Please enjoy that ring, as I am sure you are doing. As I understand it, it is still eyeclean, just not mind clean. (What a great concept!)

Please continue to post pictures of that ring, and your adventures and travels with it. I have a soft spot for that beautiful ring, and it is good to know that it has a happy home.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 11:04:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 7/24/2008 10:57:15 PM
Author: Harriet
El,
39.gif
I''m so sorry.
You weren''t the only one Harriet. I led her to Leon after Quest didn''t work out. I feel badly too. But honestly, we aren''t to blame here.

I love Ellen''s upbeat attitude, and am glad she''s enjoying her gorgeous ring!!! That''s what matters most.
2.gif
She''s a class act if ever there was one!!!
That she is. A maturely written account!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I had posted yesterday, but I suppose it didn''t go through, weird.

Ellen, I''m sorry about that, but I LOVE your ring and I think that stone is just gorgeous.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, thank you all so very much. What a wonderful thing to get up to! I really do appreciate your thoughts and sentiments.
1.gif

CR, very interesting about the wax. I''m not sure why it would be needed, I mean, it''s normal for stones to get scratched and chipped while setting, Leon said so.
eyebrowraise.gif
No, I would imagine that wasn''t put on mine, but of course there''s no way to know. I''m really dissapointed to hear this, but nothing to be done now. Thanks for chiming in, and I''m really sorry your experience didn''t go well either. It''s a shame we even have to be posting about such stuff to begin with, it''s all so utterly unnecessary. I''d love to hear your story sometime, if you decide to post it.

Hugs back to you!!

Harriet and Lisa, don''t you two for a minute feel bad! You had nothing to do with this, and I had wanted Leon all along. Nobody made me do anything I didn''t want to! How could any of us have possibly known what would happen?? There''s only one person to blame here.
2.gif

And who knows, I could have sent it to a jeweler with the best of intentions, and something still could have happened. That''s just the inherent risk we run....

And you all are right, it IS still a very beautiful ring, if I do say so myself.
9.gif
2.gif

Thank you all!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 12:01:08 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Ellen - Thanks for the story of the setting of your beautiful aqua. Sorry to hear that it was not cared for in the manner which it deserved. That''s sloppy work by someone, and I expect that some business will and should go elsewhere. I have no doubt that the aqua was perfect when you got it from Richard.

Please enjoy that ring, as I am sure you are doing. As I understand it, it is still eyeclean, just not mind clean. (What a great concept!)

Please continue to post pictures of that ring, and your adventures and travels with it. I have a soft spot for that beautiful ring, and it is good to know that it has a happy home.
1.gif
Be careful what you ask for......
9.gif
2.gif

And thank you FG.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ellen. I really can''t explain how much this all bums me out (for lack of a better term). This wax thing is crazy to me. I remember him telling me it was to protect the stone while being set, I just can''t understand why he wouldn''t do it with all of them.
Ironically, I lost the first stone out of my ring this week. I knew this was inevitable, but I never thought it would happen just 2 months after receiving it. We are going to have to contact him this week. Hopefully it will go smoothly...

One of these days when I can post the whole story I will. Thanks Again for sharing yours Ellen.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the wax thing is really bothering me too.
7.gif

Sorry about your stone. I hope the replacement goes well.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 2:03:11 PM
Author: Ellen

Miss7''s, thank you. That was such a nice post! But then, you''re such a nice person, I guess I shouldn''t be so surprised.
2.gif
And yes, where have you been, you''ve been missed! Yer prolly staring at that gorgeous ring, aren''t you??
11.gif
9.gif
Aw, thank you Ellen, that really means a lot to me!
4.gif
I really have missed my PS time. It''s just been really... crazy...
40.gif
It''s ok though.

And yes, my ring does bring me much joy as silly as that might be. I do still stare at it constantly, especially on the "crazy" days, lol! Although all that staring is starting to make me wonder what it would look like with a matching eternity of .25''s.
20.gif
31.gif
9.gif
But, I think I''ll just keep that to myself for the time being as I don''t think hubby would be able to cope!
2.gif
9.gif

Sending you another (((hug)))! And like I said before, regardless of what happened with your ring it is still so incredibly beautiful. I am so glad that you were able to put the unfortunate circumstances secondary to it''s true and timeless beauty.
4.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing a review. Your aqua is stunning!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Ellen, I
30.gif
your aqua! It''s still one of my favourite rings on PS
9.gif
I''m so sorry you had to go through all that BS with Leon
38.gif
Thanks for posting such an informative and fair review. I''m sure a lot of potential LM customers will find the information helpful.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, I'm a bit late to this thread.
But I would like to echo the other ladies in commending you on such an unbiased, honest and classy review.
Not to mention, your continued positive attitude on the whole scenario - as you have said, your ring is a complete stunner, nobody can argue that.
It is a shame the process coudn't have been as perfect, and for that I am sorry.
7.gif

Good for you sweetheart, just enjoy that sucker and continue with your great outlook
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 3:02:53 PM
Author: 777_LDY

Aw, thank you Ellen, that really means a lot to me!
4.gif
I really have missed my PS time. It''s just been really... crazy...
40.gif
It''s ok though.

And yes, my ring does bring me much joy as silly as that might be. I do still stare at it constantly, especially on the ''crazy'' days, lol! Although all that staring is starting to make me wonder what it would look like with a matching eternity of .25''s.
20.gif
31.gif
9.gif
But, I think I''ll just keep that to myself for the time being as I don''t think hubby would be able to cope!
2.gif
9.gif

Sending you another (((hug)))! And like I said before, regardless of what happened with your ring it is still so incredibly beautiful. I am so glad that you were able to put the unfortunate circumstances secondary to it''s true and timeless beauty.
4.gif
lol.gif
Maybe for a big bday or anni.
28.gif
And I find myself staring at mine on crazy days too. They are nice distractions.
2.gif

thankyou.gif
And please visit more when you can!!

And thank you Addy, Pocahontas and aj, I really do appreciate your thoughts. This was not a fun thread, and it had the potential to go, anywhere. I''m glad it stayed exactly where I wanted it to.
2.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Ellen,

I''m sorry to hear about your difficult experience with Leon. I think it''s GREAT that you''re able to move beyond what happened and really enjoy your gorgeous ring. Leon''s attitude is one of the things that led me to choose Maytal for my reset. That said, as beautiful as my Maytal is, the prongs just aren''t what I wanted them to be. It does seem that Leon is the only one to get those prongs just right. Seems odd to me that his benchpeople are the only ones to nail them so perfectly, but, so far, that does seem to be the case. If it weren''t for PS, I wouldn''t even know to LOOK at the prong tips, but that''s another story entirely.

Anyway, enjoy your ring! It''s really magnificent!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 2:16:56 PM
Author: Demelza
Ellen,

I''m sorry to hear about your difficult experience with Leon. I think it''s GREAT that you''re able to move beyond what happened and really enjoy your gorgeous ring. Leon''s attitude is one of the things that led me to choose Maytal for my reset. That said, as beautiful as my Maytal is, the prongs just aren''t what I wanted them to be. It does seem that Leon is the only one to get those prongs just right. Seems odd to me that his benchpeople are the only ones to nail them so perfectly, but, so far, that does seem to be the case. If it weren''t for PS, I wouldn''t even know to LOOK at the prong tips, but that''s another story entirely.

Anyway, enjoy your ring! It''s really magnificent!
It is odd, isn''t it?
scratchhead.gif

And thanks Dem! I can''t wait to see your ring. Even without Leon''s prongs, I''m sure it''s gorgeous!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Can we not offer some sort of monetary reward to the first person who is successful in finding a sweet-tempered jeweler who can duplicate the coveted Leonesque prongs sans the occasional and unexpected attitude outbursts???
41.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 10:06:01 PM
Author: pixley
Can we not offer some sort of monetary reward to the first person who is successful in finding a sweet-tempered jeweler who can duplicate the coveted Leonesque prongs sans the occasional and unexpected attitude outbursts???
41.gif

GREAT IDEA!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 3:07:30 PM
Date: 7/27/2008 2:16:56 PM

Author: Demelza

Ellen,

I'm sorry to hear about your difficult experience with Leon. I think it's GREAT that you're able to move beyond what happened and really enjoy your gorgeous ring. Leon's attitude is one of the things that led me to choose Maytal for my reset. That said, as beautiful as my Maytal is, the prongs just aren't what I wanted them to be. It does seem that Leon is the only one to get those prongs just right. Seems odd to me that his benchpeople are the only ones to nail them so perfectly, but, so far, that does seem to be the case. If it weren't for PS, I wouldn't even know to LOOK at the prong tips, but that's another story entirely.

Anyway, enjoy your ring! It's really magnificent!
It is odd, isn't it?
scratchhead.gif

And thanks Dem! I can't wait to see your ring. Even without Leon's prongs, I'm sure it's gorgeous!!

It sure has me scratching my head too!

Thanks. I do love my ring and, if I'd never seen a Leon claw prong before, I wouldn't feel anything but beside myself with joy. It really is curious how those pointy little tips seem to send everyone over the moon. They really are just magnificent and I can't say why.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I hadn''t opened this thread because I thought it would simply be a restatement of how wonderful LM''s work is...so I was pretty shocked as I read and looked at the pictures. There''s no excuse for that kind of work. My mom has an inexpensive colored stone that the jeweler scraped up when he set it, and I was livid when my trusted jeweler pointed out the marks and showed us the tools that made it (it was like tire tracks). There was no excuse for that poor work then - even though it was a small-town bench, and there''s certainly no excuse for Leon in your situation. I just want to say kudos to you Ellen for writing such an insightful, fair review. Because LM is so, for lack of a better word, revered in this community, I think it''s extremely important that PSers see the bad along with the good (and oh is your beautiful ring good!! It''s truly breathtaking). Thank you so much for your honesty and sharing your experience with us.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
41.gif
FABULOUS idea, Pixley!
9.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Ellen, this is just awful, and I totally feel for you.....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
41.gif
I''m throwing a hundred bucks in the kitty right now. Start searching!!
9.gif

Thank you El and Belle.
1.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 1:34:42 PM

41.gif
I''m throwing a hundred bucks in the kitty right now. Start searching!!
9.gif

1.gif
Alright. Put me down for twenty! (I''d match yours, but I''m saving for my next stacker).
9.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Actually Whiteflash has a benchperson who produces prongs that are close to Leonish;

And, I believe I remember a post from Harriet sometime in the past where she found a NYC jeweler whose micropave work looked as though it might be as good as Leon. I don''t believe she ever had any work done with them, as she has had happy results with Leon.

whiteflashprongs.JPG

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh, very nice! I love that pear in the pointy prongs . . . GORGEOUS!
36.gif

I didn''t know WF could do prongs like that . . . I''ll have to keep this in mind for future reference!
27.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 3:16:00 PM

Alright. Put me down for twenty! (I'd match yours, but I'm saving for my next stacker).
9.gif
Well, I can see where your priorities lie.
11.gif
9.gif
2.gif

ETA Yes, WF does a pretty decent prong.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Ellen!

Just got back into town and saw this. I think your review was very informative and diplomatic. It definitely made an impression on me (and pretty much told me that he and I would NEVER be able to create a ring together because I would have WAY more than 1 inquiry come up). I can only hope that my anal retentiveness wanes with time and I can move down the personality alphabet too.
5.gif
Still love your ring though!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 3:26:55 PM

Date: 7/28/2008 3:16:00 PM

Alright. Put me down for twenty! (I''d match yours, but I''m saving for my next stacker).
9.gif
Well, I can see where your priorities lie.
11.gif
9.gif
2.gif

ETA Yes, WF does a pretty decent prong.
That''s not a bad prong at all!
Put me down for at least twenty bucks for the person who finds some more designers for us to use!!
Harriet, would you happen to remember who that jeweler was?

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, I''m so sorry to hear of your experience with Leon. Your ring is absolutely STUNNING, and I hope that you this unpleasantness will not diminish your enjoyment of a beautiful heirloom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results