shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege or WhiteFlash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nu

Rough_Rock
I am having trouble to deside.
I love this Cartier setting. I know WF also makes similar one which is called Fine Line Platinum Solitaire by Le . This is the link http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Fine-Line-Platinum-Solitaire-by-Le_691.htm
I have not seen it though on anybody here on prisecope and I would hate to purchase it without seeing.

I also called Leon and he said that he does not reproduce any designs. He said that he designs his own rings. I would love Leon make my setting but I am a little worried that it will not look the same as Cartier.

What would you do?

Kat123Cartier-1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
eh Leon...nah. While I really love his work....I think that it would be too hard to work with him if you have a replica design in mind...obviously he doesn't want to work with those kind of restrictions.

Someone does have the Fine Line setting on here, I have seen it posted. Personally I think it's a great setting for larger stones, not so sure about the smaller.

Someone else recently had something like the channel set Cartier replicated, I don't recall who did it but it looked great.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
My opinion is that Leon Mege makes incredible, gorgeous rings-- especially those that are dripping with pave. But if I wanted a simple, elegant platinum setting like the one you posted, I wouldn''t pay Leon Mege to make it. Whiteflash (and others) have done amazing custom jobs on ring designs like you want. Unless you are set on having a "Mege" setting, go with WF.

My $0.02
3.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
I have to agree with the comments posted above. I contacted Leon Mege to create a replica, although he failed to return my email with a phone call or email once he realized it was a replica. For work that is somewhat straight forward & not intricate, I would highly recommend WF. They are creating something similar to the Ritani Endless love for me.

The wax is just stunning. The pictures can be found here......https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/one-step-closer.28218/. Just scroll down. WF also knows their settings & will be upfront about what they can & can''t do and provide the reasons. So far they have been wonderful to work with. :) Not to mention about a 1/3 less expensive and a shorter production timeline than LM. (One of the ladies just sent in her work to Leon, it is going to be a six week turn around time frame.

Food for thought! Either way will be stunning I imagine. Good luck!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a pic of Kayla17's Leon Mege. He may not do replica's but this looks pretty awesome to me. I agree, if you want something "Leon" very detailed, smothered in pave I would go with him no doubt he is worth the wait. I plan to have a ring done by him someday
2.gif
If you want a replica of something i would go with WF. i have purchased a custom band from them and they do great work for a very resonable price.
113_1312%20(2).JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yeah, here''s the link to Kayla''s ring if you wanted to see more pictures.

nu

Rough_Rock
Mara- I do agree that Cartier setting looks good with larger stones. The one made by WF does look very thin to me and I am not sure if I want that. I remember someone recently posting ering made by WF that resembled Cartier but it had sidestone. I don''t really want pave or sidestones. I want everything smooth :)

NoonersMom-the wax mold looks exactly like original. I can''t wait to see pics. I guess Leon Mege did not want to replicate that one for you. I can''t wait to see pics of thw finished ring!

Mrssalvo- you just made my job easy. I was gonna look for Kayla ring and post it here. I like it too. I think it is not too thin like Cartier but at the same time not as thick as Vatche x-prong.

Very confused
26.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
If your concern is the thickness of the band, WF will work with you to make a ring of your exact specifications. Tell them the width of the Cartier band and they will make their "replica" the same width. You don''t have to stick with their Fine Line Platinum Solitaire design by Le. Have them make one that''s tailor-made to you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I agree go with Whiteflash, they will work with you on all the details of the ring. Leon is a great, but you can''t really tell him what to do or not to do. I think WF will do a terrific job for you!!

nu

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!
I guess my concern now is if I want the setting very thin like Cartier which is about 2mm or less or a little thicker.
My RB is about 1.2ct. What do you guys think?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think 2mm would look perfect with your 1.2 stone. my setting has a 2mm band and my stone is just a touch smaller than yours.

here''s a pic

newsetwf1005.jpg

nu

Rough_Rock
Mrssalvo,
Your stone looks huge. I can''t beleive it is a little samaller than 1.2. What size do you have?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2005 9:30:38 PM
Author: nu
Mrssalvo,

Your stone looks huge. I can''t beleive it is a little samaller than 1.2. What size do you have?

It''s 1.19 but is an OEC so it has a diameter = to a modern 1 carat -

it helps to have small fingers
3.gif

greenie

Rough_Rock
nu,
I decided to go with the Fine Line setting from Whiteflash, and am also getting a 1.2 carat stone. I love the pictures of the setting and I wanted to go with something thin. If I remember correctly, it is 2.6 mm at the middle and it tapers to about 1.6 mm at the top (don''t quote me on the exact measurements). I don''t have it yet, but I''ll post some pictures early next week.

nu

Rough_Rock
Greenie,
Please post your pics as soon as you get it. Based on what you wrote it isn''t as thin as it looks on a picture (2.6 mm at the middle). I beleive Cartier is about 2mm but that also depends on the center stone. I love the simplicity of it. It is so classic and beautiful.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signedpieces has their round solitaires set in something very close to the setting you have in mind. Do you have the diamond already ? If not, perhaps one of their rings will be just the thing:

4906.jpg

link tou source

nu

Rough_Rock
Valeria , thanks for the link. The head looks very similar but not the tapered end and yes I do have the stone. I just need the setting.

nu

Rough_Rock
And I love this one although it is not exactly what I want but it is very similar to Cartier plus pave. what do you think?

similar.jpg

nu

Rough_Rock
I always wanted to go with simple platinum band but prisecope is so addicting. After looking at all the bling I am thinking may be I should get it too
11.gif

nu

Rough_Rock
Almost forgot. This is newly created Leon' rings for GingerBcookie.
I love love low set basket. am I driving you nuts ? Because I think I am crazy
25.gif

ginger.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2005 11:28:45 AM
Author: nu

I love love low set basket. am I driving you nuts ? Because I think I am crazy
No way !
2.gif
you've got the bug from here, remember ?

A ring like the one with only one row of diamonds on the band of the ring was recently made by Wink. That one had double prongs, but yours could be adjusted any way you might want. That one had a cushion cut of about 3 cts - easy to find among the latest posts of "show me the ring".

Platinumsmith made something like this for "Jadeleaves": not a basket setting, but he makes some very nice U-prong basket settings. You might want to check that out as well.

Then... there are some nice basket settings for square stones (custom made, so adaptable to rounds if you so which) at NiceIce...

nu

Rough_Rock
Jade's ring is gorgeous.
But I think I prefer either no stones at all or just one side stones.
I am also not a big fan of straight prongs. I want them to be very delicate and curved
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, if you hang around here long enough you''ll get bit by the ps bug
2.gif
the important thing is to take your time and try to go and see some rings in person. what we see enlarged on our computers can look very different in person and on your hand. The cartier like ring you posted is lovely and if i remember correctly Ginger gave a copy of that pic to Leon for and idea of how she wanted her ring. something else to think about is if you are going to want to wear a wedding band on the same hand. Leon''s not a big fan of wedding bands worn next to the ering and doesn''t design his rings that way.

nu

Rough_Rock
Mrssalvo,
Do you think that one side stones either pave or bead set will have any affect on my WB? I do want to wear ering and wedding band together eventually. Althought I really like the simple look of platinum that ring with cushion is just so gorgeous. I actually tried both style: the simple platinum Cartier and one side stone without milgrain and both look beautiful.

I remember reading somehwere that you wanted to change you ering setting. Is that correct?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you should be fine if you are doing one sided pave
here''s a pic of kayla''s new set that are one side pave
127_2743%20(2).JPG

127_2744%20(2).JPG

there are several other wedding sets to look at in this thread

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see this
20.gif

"Buenomota" wanted a version of this Cartier ring:

cartier_pave2.jpg

and had Whiteflash make one with a slightly wider band, which turned out rather fab, IMO:

e_weenend_3.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh... and this is just me playing "Photoshop" again
5.gif
There aren''t many side by side comparisons of wider and narrow rings around here. Thought one would help.

NarrowWide.JPG

sharonb

Rough_Rock
Who is the maker of that beautiful setting (cartier plus pave look-alike) posted by Nu???

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results