shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege "No Soup For You!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
It''s nice to know that I am not the only one who has been cut off for sending too many emails. At least I guess that was my crime. And it wasn''t even Leon. It was someone who is generally known on PS to be very personable and accessible. But I am not going to mention any names. As someone pointed out, there are many other vendors/designers out there.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry you feel slighted. I would go with another jeweler. I''ve worked with Ari at Singlestone (not on an original design but with a purchase) and he is really great. In regards to Leon, I''ve had nothing but good phone conversations and emails with him. I''ll be using him to set my asscher solitaire in the future.

Sorry it didn''t work out but I''m sure you''ll find the perfect setting and jeweler. GL!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Well, scratch that name off my list for people I''d been considering for my next project.

I''m really sorry you had to go through this, but I''m grateful you shared your experience to help other people (like me!) avoid suffering the same.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
I imagine I could never afford a ring from Mege, and I''m also guessing that he wouldn''t care if I could or not, he has plenty of business... BUT, I just had to chime in and say that ...

......your subject line is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
sorry about your bad experience...
if it makes you feel any better i had originally planned on purchasing from the ring [edited by Moderator] but after a few unpleasant phone calls with him i quickly
changed my mind and had someone else make a custom piece
have you had any luck finding a setting?
keep us updated on your search and good luck!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again, everyone! And, I''ll definitely keep you posted. Looks like I''ll need to make a trip up to LA and view some settings. Yay! That should be fun!

In the meantime, check out this beauty from Singlestone - 4.89ct Cushion - drool! Wish I could view this one, but its SOLD!
30.gif

Leon who???? Who needs him!

http://www.singlestone.com/site.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=14&startRow=11

4.98 ct m cushion SS.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:27:26 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
Thanks again, everyone! And, I''ll definitely keep you posted. Looks like I''ll need to make a trip up to LA and view some settings. Yay! That should be fun!

In the meantime, check out this beauty from Singlestone - 4.89ct Cushion - drool! Wish I could view this one, but its SOLD!
30.gif

I''ve seen that one, and its one of my fave solitaires. Thats the first thing I thought, it looks just as good as a LM imho.

Rock Of Love, do you plan on working with SS?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooo, I love this one!!!
36.gif

4.98%20ct%20m%20cushion%20SS.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:55:33 PM
Author: arjunajane

I''ve seen that one, and its one of my fave solitaires. Thats the first thing I thought, it looks just as good as a LM imho.

Yes - they are definitely top on my list. Any thoughts? Feedback? I''d still like to visit 23rd St Jewelwers, too.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 9:57:52 PM

Date: 2/7/2009 8:55:33 PM
Author: arjunajane

Yes - they are definitely top on my list. Any thoughts? Feedback? I''d still like to visit 23rd St Jewelwers, too.
Hey Rock - I haven''t been to either as I''m in a different country, but I would go with SS in a heartbeat personally.
1.gif

23rd I haven''t heard as much about, but apparently work is very good.
Have you done a PS search on both? Usually a good start
5.gif

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Rock of love, I am glad to hear that you are moving on. Only do business with people who are professional, respectful, and courteous. Period.

Best of luck to you.

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:27:26 PM

30.gif

you sure thats only a 4.89? looks closer to a 4.92, must be the picture angle
31.gif

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the side view of this one - sorry the pic is blurry, but I''m a horrible photographer
19.gif

Kroshka

hanging.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:03:04 AM
Author: kroshka
Here''s the side view of this one - sorry the pic is blurry, but I''m a horrible photographer
19.gif

Kroshka

Wow, Kroshka, is that yours?!?! You are one lucky lady. What a knockout!!!

I love this view of the basket...gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Cushion Basket.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Kroshka...tell me more about your ring...experience with SS...etc...inquiring minds want to know!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:31:31 AM
Kroshka...tell me more about your ring...experience with SS...etc...inquiring minds want to know!

Hmmm to say something more about my ring......I love it! It was my first purchase from SS and I was a little hesitant at first because it is an M colored stone and I wasn''t sure how I felt about M''s, but the moment I saw it with my own eyes the worries were blown away. I also had it appraised by Oldminer and everything checked out. SS was great, and the setting really suits the stone. I have not had anything custom made by them but from my purchase experience and the many rave reviews here on PS, I would certainly recommend them.

Kroshka

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kroshka, your ring is gorgeous! I''ve always loved SS''s rings.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 12:30:06 AM

Date: 2/8/2009 12:03:04 AM
Author: kroshka
19.gif

Kroshka

Wow, Kroshka, is that yours?!?! You are one lucky lady. What a knockout!!!

I love this view of the basket...gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
Ditto everything! I''m in LOVE with that ring!
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
kroshka--I adore your ring!!
30.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Let me get this straight. The OP asked Leon to discuss a project, Leon responded (politely) that the OP would first need the center stone in order do this. The OP asks again and again and Leon''s response is less and less accommodating. This is a surprise?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Another bad thread for Leon. This guy sounds like a piece of work. And just like the previous thread similar to this, I''ll bet this topic gets deleted. "oooh don''t want anyone saying someting bad about HIM." I say keep this topic up!
2.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:21:09 PM
Author: elmo
Let me get this straight. The OP asked Leon to discuss a project, Leon responded (politely) that the OP would first need the center stone in order do this. The OP asks again and again and Leon''s response is less and less accommodating. This is a surprise?
Hi Elmo,
It wasn''t quite like that - so, yes, I was surprised. We talked on the phone about meeting when I went out to NYC, but he it wouldn''t be a productive meeting until I have the stone. No problem!!

Flash forward a few weeks, I think I''ve found a stone...getting close...so, I did a follow up email saying so and wanting to discuss a particular setting. Just asked for a pic of the side of it so I could see the basket/prong/whatever, because I know I want something low profile and I wanted to see if this setting was.

That was the beginning of the end...
20.gif

So, it wasn''t like I was out of line, pestering him, "again and again" - which was kinda my whole point!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 9:25:39 PM
Author: bgray
leon was so angry by the end of our project he didnt even put his mark/stamp in the ring. it cost more than twice what he quoted because he made the side stones three times as large as they were supposed to be..........among other things............and couldnt believe that i made him change a few things

Seriously? I mean, I don't know the whole story, but to not even put his stamp on the ring...that sounds like something a petulant 3 year old would do. A bit unprofessional to me.

I have the highest respect for Leon's work - some of his stuff I would sell my first born for, lol, and my dream ring is still his classic solitaire. All this stuff doesn't diminish my respect for his ability and work. It does impact how favorably I view him with respect to any projects though. I'm much more impressed when someone is not only talented and his works incredible, but if he is ALSO a nice person to his customers

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Not to "beat a dead horse," but...there is another thread going on right now that perfectly explains my point. This PSer saw a ring on his site...hadn''t asked for more pics yet, but probably would! And, you can see that it is another PSers ring...and it is AMAZING what is "hiding" in the basket. You cannot tell at all form the pic of the front of the ring just how intricate and customized the basket area is.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-setting.106866/

That''s all I wanted, was to see the basket area.

20.gif

Dreamgirl: What?? This topic would maybe get deleted?? What''s the conspiracy??

BrownEyedGirl: Totally agreee. Can''t deny his work is amazing!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:24:59 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Another bad thread for Leon. This guy sounds like a piece of work. And just like the previous thread similar to this, I''ll bet this topic gets deleted. ''oooh don''t want anyone saying someting bad about HIM.'' I say keep this topic up!
2.gif
I''m probably being overly sensitive here but if this topic gets deleted it should be due to references that Leon is a Nazi.
38.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!! Soooo NOT meaning it like that!!! Only because of the Seinfeld character!!!
32.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:48:58 PM
OMG!! Soooo NOT meaning it like that!!! Only because of the Seinfeld character!!!
32.gif
I don't see that either!!! The OP didn't even mention that word.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:54:13 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 2/8/2009 12:48:58 PM

32.gif

I don''t see that either!!! The OP didn''t even mention that word.
Ditto Skip--just thought op was being funny using the Seinfeld reference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results