shape
carat
color
clarity

legacy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eec

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m new to the forum! i''ve been reading everyone''s comments and decided I should sign up to get advice of my own! I''m also new to the ring thing so bear with me. My boyfriend and I just started looking and we made the mistake of going to Tiffany''s, where I absolutely fell in love with the legacy!!! Their prices are very high so the half carat size is what it would have to be. I tried one on that was half a carat and it actually looked awesome, it''s all i would need and want! (i''m lucky i have very small hands and fingers!) The only problem is that it is still a little out of our price range. I was wondering if anyone had pics and/ or stories about their experience with half carat and smaller legacy rings so we can figure out if the legacy is an option or if we just need to move on
40.gif
I''d definitely be willing to go even a bit lower than half carat. it just would need to be a pretty nice rock. I have found that, unfortunately, the diamond appears smaller than it actually is in this setting. My boyfriend and I both agree that with this ring, it''s more about the whole package than the center stone though. we''ve looked around and we haven''t found a replica better than the legacy yet. It''s still early on in our ring hunting so if you have any ideas for similar rings, let me know! I''m sure there''s a lot out there but right now all i can see is the legacy! i love it!!! thanks for your help!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome to Pricescope. there was a recent thread where someone was considering a .37 legacy. honestly, that is one design I would not try to copy so if it's the legacy you love, i'd get the size you can afford. the halo really does make the ring appear bigger and is a beautiful package.

here's the thread..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-legacy-0-37ct.71031/

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 4:06:57 PM
Author:eec
Hi, I''m new to the forum! i''ve been reading everyone''s comments and decided I should sign up to get advice of my own! I''m also new to the ring thing so bear with me. My boyfriend and I just started looking and we made the mistake of going to Tiffany''s, where I absolutely fell in love with the legacy!!! Their prices are very high so the half carat size is what it would have to be. I tried one on that was half a carat and it actually looked awesome, it''s all i would need and want! (i''m lucky i have very small hands and fingers!) The only problem is that it is still a little out of our price range. I was wondering if anyone had pics and/ or stories about their experience with half carat and smaller legacy rings so we can figure out if the legacy is an option or if we just need to move on
40.gif
I''d definitely be willing to go even a bit lower than half carat. it just would need to be a pretty nice rock. I have found that, unfortunately, the diamond appears smaller than it actually is in this setting. My boyfriend and I both agree that with this ring, it''s more about the whole package than the center stone though. we''ve looked around and we haven''t found a replica better than the legacy yet. It''s still early on in our ring hunting so if you have any ideas for similar rings, let me know! I''m sure there''s a lot out there but right now all i can see is the legacy! i love it!!! thanks for your help!
1.gif
I am no expert, but most of the posts that I have read, in regards to copying the legacy involved saving your money and buying the real thing. I believe I read that Tiffany''s has a once in a lifetime upgrade policy? Please correct me if I am wrong, fellow PS''ers. Maybe in a few years, you could upgrade to a bigger ring?

jfus

Shiny_Rock
I am a legacy lover too!
30.gif

However I didn''t even think about wanting the REAL one from Tiff''s.

I went the engagementringsdirect.com route and met with Mark last week.. picked my stone and picked the Marla ring he has under his Mark T. Collections but with a millgrained bezel instead of prongs.

It''s VERY similiar to the Legacy. Check it out!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/26/2007 4:33:58 PM
Author: jfus
I am a legacy lover too!
30.gif

I went the engagementringsdirect.com route and met with Mark last week.. picked my stone and picked the Marla ring he has under his Mark T. Collections but with a millgrained bezel instead of prongs.

Please bare in mind...

The Legacy look!!! With its unique patented centerstone can not be duplicated!!!

I have not seen a similar ring/center cushion appearance as the Legacy yet!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am a legacy lover too!
30.gif

I agree, this Mark T ring is very similar to the legacy. If you don''t mind it not being a real tiffany''s and aren''t partial to the cut of the legacy stone then this is a great option.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Some copies look similar to the legacy, but as one has said before, and many will say again, the cut is patented.

Nothing is wrong with a beautiful, small, real T&Co Legacy, nor is there anything wrong with a larger , similar copy!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes..., you can get a similar mounting as the Legacy ring mounting....

But..., for women who fall for the Tiffany Legacy e-ring..., the patented cut is 90% of the whole appearance...

Thats the difference between a Tiffany and the others...

So if you are really up for the Legacy as you say "...where I absolutely fell in love with the legacy!!! "

I would strongly suggest flowing with the real McCoy!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 6:54:38 PM
Author: DiaGem

But..., for women who fall for the Tiffany Legacy e-ring..., the patented cut is 90% of the whole appearance...

So if you are really up for the Legacy as you say ''...where I absolutely fell in love with the legacy!!! ''

I have to disagree. When I first fell for the Legacy I didn''t even realize it was a unique cut. It was the design that I loved. Once I saw it in person, I actually wished it was a real cushion. I still LOVE the design and would kill if someone could make me an exact replica with a cushion.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/26/2007 7:35:57 PM
Author: MoonWater

So if you are really up for the Legacy as you say ''...where I absolutely fell in love with the legacy!!! ''

I have to disagree. When I first fell for the Legacy I didn''t even realize it was a unique cut. It was the design that I loved. Once I saw it in person, I actually wished it was a real cushion. I still LOVE the design and would kill if someone could make me an exact replica with a cushion.
Thats a different thing..., but as I read it..., eec (the post starter) sounded different to me..., and my writing is aimed at her
2.gif

Ofcourse..., someone can love the design...only, thats where vendors that duplicate the Legacy make their money
31.gif

But if someone wants to replicate the Tiffany Legacy (as a whole)..., I have not seen any vendor or jeweler able to offer that specific look with the specific center Cushion appearance!!!
10.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 7:48:02 PM

Ofcourse..., someone can love the design...only, thats where vendors that duplicate the Legacy make their money
31.gif

But if someone wants to replicate the Tiffany Legacy (as a whole)..., I have not seen any vendor or jeweler able to offer that specific look with the specific center Cushion appearance!!!
10.gif

honestly, I have yet to see any vendor make a really good copy of the legacy setting. (Of course everyone here knows I'm uber picky about teeny details when it comes to e-ring settings) but there are always tiny things are just slightly different or off, which in reality they should be because it's illegal to copy that design due to the patent. I've seen some similar rings that are beautiful, but they aren't the legacy, they lack the heirloom feeling/quality of the legacy at least that I personally experience when I see it and try it on. Just my .02.

If you'd be happy with similar, Ritani makes a very lovely halo setting you could get made for a cushion, gives you a similar style, for a much better price and you don't have to go custom which is always a plus in my book.

jfus

Shiny_Rock
I agree that I also fell in love with the look of the Legacy but for some reason the special cut stone in it did not appeal to me.. I am a really mush when it comes to a nice cushion brillant..so that''s what I will be getting...

Sure that blue box would have been awsome to get, but I would rather FF spend the money on a cushion brillant that I Loved (and got to pick out) then having the same cut as every other girl..ok most girls don''t have the Tiffany Legacy haha.. I dunno.. there is just something about cushion brillants that gets me.. they are all soooo different.. Not sure if the Tiff stone is different from one to the next but I am positive I made the right choice!!!
2.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/26/2007 11:08:29 PM
I agree that I also fell in love with the look of the Legacy but for some reason the special cut stone in it did not appeal to me.. I am a really mush when it comes to a nice cushion brillant..so that''s what I will be getting...

Sure that blue box would have been awsome to get, but I would rather FF spend the money on a cushion brillant that I Loved (and got to pick out) then having the same cut as every other girl..ok most girls don''t have the Tiffany Legacy haha.. I dunno.. there is just something about cushion brillants that gets me.. they are all soooo different.. Not sure if the Tiff stone is different from one to the next but I am positive I made the right choice!!!
2.gif
Good..., A cushion brilliant is not the Legacy cushion..., (night and day difference!!!)

If you prefer the cushion brilliant..., you should stay away from the Legacy cushion.
The Legacy cushion is not cut to maximize brilliance!

eec

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help! I checked out the thred and i love the ring in the pic...do you happen to know what size it is? It says it's less than half a carat but i was wondering what the exact size is. That is more than enough size for me to be honest. I mean, the carat legacy looked amazing on my finger, but the .50 carat looked more practical and just as good on my small finger...as long as i pushed the carat out of my head
2.gif
thanks again
1.gif

(This is in reply to mrssalvo)

eec

Rough_Rock
I am a legacy lover too!
30.gif

Thanks for the advice, i checked out the website and liked what i saw. it''s definitely worth checking out in person!!
1.gif

eec

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 4:22:17 PM
Author: Çã†hër§

Date: 10/26/2007 4:06:57 PM
Author:eec
40.gif
1.gif
I am no expert, but most of the posts that I have read, in regards to copying the legacy involved saving your money and buying the real thing. I believe I read that Tiffany''s has a once in a lifetime upgrade policy? Please correct me if I am wrong, fellow PS''ers. Maybe in a few years, you could upgrade to a bigger ring?
i''m curious about the upgrade policy...where did you hear that? i think it might be worth it to get a smaller one now and upgrade many years down the road! my bf thinks i''ll want a completely different ring in 20 yrs. or so but i disagree. i love what i love and i''m very picky. i''m not into fancy jewelery at all so it''s a wonder that i actually found something i am crazy about. i''ve always thought the engagement ring i get will be the one i''ll have forever. so anyways, it''s nice to know that i might have the option to make the legacy bigger someday because that''s all i''d ever want and need!!! you just can''t get anything better in my opinion! thanks! i''m going to look into that
1.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 7:48:02 PM

Date: 10/26/2007 7:35:57 PM
Author: MoonWater

Thats a different thing..., but as I read it..., eec (the post starter) sounded different to me..., and my writing is aimed at her
2.gif
Oh, well you said for women that fall for the Legacy the patent cut is 90% of the whole appearance. I was just letting you know that for me it was not. I also don''t think the average woman (i.e. not from pricescope) would even notice the cut of the stone right away. It really is the overall design that makes the ring stand out at first glance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results