shape
carat
color
clarity

Larger size worth the money??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StixforLegs

Rough_Rock
I actually had that diamond as my centerstone for about a week, haha. After Bob confirmed that is was not eyeclean, I figured losing 0.01mm in diameter was worth having an eye clean diamond. Being a giant dork I actually have a CAD program at work that i could input the diameters of the two and print them out at actual size. Let me tell you, if I didnt mark which was which, there would be no way I could tell the difference. (I could tell with a 1 ct. (6.5mm diameter though, hence my post).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if Bella meant the stone was TOO SMALL as in too small in general, but I do tend to think that ''impressing strangers'' typically takes some big ole honking rock...or an amazing setting or something really eye-catching. BUT it''s not to say that it''s a small rock or a bad ring or anything like that. I took Bella''s comment more like why would you worry about impressing strangers or even worry that it''d be too small, just love your stone! I think your 3 stone will really catch the eye of everyone, it looks fab.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no....75 ct isn''t too small. i think that is the avg size e-ring in the U.S.?
34.gif
a beautiful cut stone is a beautiful cut stone,no matter the size. i''ll take a beautifully cut .75 ct stone like yours
2.gif
over an ugly cut 1 ct any day.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
That ring looks BEAUTIFUL!

And congratulations!!!!!

36.gif

But I wouldn't ask PS'ers if a diamond is too small. It's *never* too small when it's on someone else's hand because we all love diamonds -- regardless of size, shape or color. (Cut, we mind!) But on OUR hands, it apparently might be -- so many of us upgrade, even from 2-3 carat stones. Egads!
30.gif
Gotta love PS!

It's a different world. Out there, your fiancee's ring will certainly knock everyone's socks off.
Heck, it'll knock our socks off. It looks gorgeous. Congrats, again!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 8:09:18 PM
Author: Julian
That ring looks BEAUTIFUL!

And congratulations!!!!!

36.gif

But I wouldn''t ask PS''ers if a diamond is too small. It''s *never* too small when it''s on someone else''s hand because we all love diamonds -- regardless of size, shape or color. (Cut, we mind!) But on OUR hands, it apparently might be -- so many of us dream of upgrading, even from 2-3 carat stones. Egads!
30.gif
Gotta love PS!
Julian, whenever your stone seems small to you, just send it to me and I will send you mine and then you will see what small is really like.
9.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
*sigh*

I am trying SO HARD not to make the obvious joke.

In any case, now that a passell of women have reassured you that it is in fact NOT too small but rather a good size, go put it in--um, I meant ON--your girl!

StixforLegs

Rough_Rock
I second that! Well if there is one thing I can say about PSers, we certainly are a positive bunch! I think I have finally calmed down about the size thanks to everyone''s comments, especially with the possibility of upgrading down the road. This diamond is ''mind clean'' for me with the exception of the size, but I think she will love it no matter what because she has been asking and asking for about three months now. I have her convinced its not going to happen for about another year and that the thought of looking at rings right now is too overwhelming right now, hehe. Dont worry though, she nows I am committed to her and that it is going to happen so I didn''t over play it.

StixforLegs

Rough_Rock
Shes not complainin in that department ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the ring will be beautiful just as it is! But you might want to ask WF before proceeding whether that setting will be able to handle an upgrade in the center. I think that might be unlikely. I just didn''t want you to have that in mind and then be disappointed later.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry if i missed info on the ring size but from the pic i am guessing it''s 5.5, in that case everything is balanced beautifully.
Hey, everybody, let''s play - What the ring size?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 8:20:00 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
*sigh*

I am trying SO HARD not to make the obvious joke.

In any case, now that a passell of women have reassured you that it is in fact NOT too small but rather a good size, go put it in--um, I meant ON--your girl!
HAHAHAHA OMG rainbowtrout you''re so bad but funny!!
11.gif

And no I definitely don''t think your stone is too small especially for a 3 stone!!
36.gif
I love the setting btw!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
What a GORGEOUS setting, it reminds me so much of mine! I think that .75 carat is great size and when you factor in the side stones and melee, what a punch that will pack! What a lucky girl your GF is.

BTW, just had to give a shout out to you my Southwest Suburban Chicago brother! (I spent my teenage years in Burbank) :) Her ring will be much bigger than most people''s in that area.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Just came back to look again at that wax... man, that is gonna be one KILLER ring! It''s threads like this that get me thinkin'', "Hmmmm.... maybe a 3-stone ring wooooould be nice..." DANG YOU!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

PS I CANNOT WAIT for the finished photos -- and don''t forget the HAND SHOTS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too small??? Hardly! I''m 23... was 22 when I got engaged and people (total strangers that I don''t know from a bar of soap that I see at work!) constantly OGLE over my ring, and exclaim how lucky anyone is to have a ring so beautiful, let alone a girl of my age!! My e-ring is very similary dimensions to the one you''re having made... .77ct centre stone with .40ct side stone on either side. An added bonus is all of the time and effort you''re putting into it, she''s one lucky lucky girl. Cannot WAIT to see the final product!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2006 8:57:50 PM
Author: Pricescope
I am sorry if i missed info on the ring size but from the pic i am guessing it''s 5.5, in that case everything is balanced beautifully.
Hey, everybody, let''s play - What the ring size?
Do we get a prize if we are right?????
3.gif
I will shoot for 6.

StixforLegs

Rough_Rock
Lorelei wins, its a size 6. Apparently she has enormous fingers because i think the average on this website is like a 3.5!!! I always thought she was tiny, guess that is a relative term.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love seeing the wax molds and then the final project!

Your stone is gorgeous....those ACA diamonds will outperform just about anybody else''s diamond that she comes across in person. It will be fabulous! How long till you get the finished product?

StixforLegs

Rough_Rock
I was hoping to see it in my inbox when I got in this morning...very disappointing.

StixforLegs

Rough_Rock
Just got off the phone with Bob, wont get the pictures of it done until monday morning. But be sure to tune in then because they should be amazing!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great, I look forward to seeing them on Monday!!
1.gif

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 7:31:59 PM
Author: Mara
I don''t know if Bella meant the stone was TOO SMALL as in too small in general, but I do tend to think that ''impressing strangers'' typically takes some big ole honking rock...or an amazing setting or something really eye-catching. BUT it''s not to say that it''s a small rock or a bad ring or anything like that. I took Bella''s comment more like why would you worry about impressing strangers or even worry that it''d be too small, just love your stone! I think your 3 stone will really catch the eye of everyone, it looks fab.

That''s how I took Bella''s comment -- with a positive slant, which I saw as a dig at people who are only fixated on diamond size and judge you accordingly.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 2:46:07 PM
Author: Bella

Too small to impress strangers? Yes, it is.
I know I'm a bit late to the game on this one, but I gotta say I disagree with this. I didn't think it was meant badly, but I still don't agree with it.

Being that the average e-ring stone is .75, it's not really *small*.

Given that it's MUCH better cut that most other 1 ct. stones out there, it will be just as big in diameter (size) as less-well-cut 1 ct. stones, but MUCH more sparkly. The amazing sparkle IS impressive to strangers.

THEN, to add to it, you've flanked it with yet more astonishingly well-cut sidestone bling. Adding sidestones really adds to the presence with more facet reflections and triple the flashes of light.

COMPLETELY impressive to strangers.
2.gif
Nice job!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think it is a very pretty ring, and though I adore PSers your opinion and hers are the ones that matter.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2006 10:36:49 AM
Author: StixforLegs
Lorelei wins, its a size 6. Apparently she has enormous fingers because i think the average on this website is like a 3.5!!! I always thought she was tiny, guess that is a relative term.
Ha! Round of applause for me
36.gif
16.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I know I''m late here, but WOW that wax is stunning!!!! And that is definitely a perfect size stone for the design you have! It''s amazing, and you know we''ll all be back Monday to see the finished product!!!
9.gif

Also, when are you planning to propose? Because you do know you have to come back and post hand shots and tell us the story afterwards...
12.gif

StixforLegs

Rough_Rock
That unfortunately might not be happening for a couple months until it gets warmer out because the idea I had in mind requires it to be nice out, atleast 60 degrees I would say. Being in Chicago that might not happen until MAY! but hopefully with this global warming it will happen sooner than that, ;-).

Hansel

Rough_Rock
I think it is a hot ring, dude. Good Job. Looks like you got a deal, too. I am sure she will say "yes", or like the Family Guy says "She''ll pretty much have, too." LOL
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stixforlegs, I take it judging by your user name that you are either a professional stilt walker or your legs are a tad on the slender side?
9.gif
The ring is going to be lovely BTW - it's getting exciting!

StixforLegs

Rough_Rock
Ill leave that one up to your imagination..:razz:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, that will be running riot then!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results