kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SO doesn't have the patience.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1368395366|3445678 said:
Maybe if they had a football sub forum.

Lol yup! My DH actually does post on a car/truck forum but that's probably as close as it gets. He laughs because he has been on his forum for 2 years and has a whopping 16 posts lol. He mostly just reads.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A) when I showed him the before/after collage of my ring, he blinked at me and said "those aren't the same?" We would be the online equivalent of Charlie-Brown-Teacher-Voice, all "Wah-Wah-Wah-WAH-WAH-Waw"

B) he might make me join HIS forums in retaliation. And I am just not that interested in the minutia of how you go Platinum on one airline vs. another. The only platinum I care about is the kind that goes on my finger.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because he has zero interest in jewelry?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Hubs will read PS from time to time, but he is mostly a lurker on the internet.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yup, a sports sub forum would be the only way to get my DH on PS. As it is, he ( and, as a result, my 8 yo son) give me grief about how much time I spend on PS...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Circe said:
when I showed him the before/after collage of my ring, he blinked at me and said "those aren't the same?"
:lol: :lol: Could've happened at my house!

If we spent hours disecting what is different about the tail lights on this version of a vintage race car vs. that one, he'd be happy to join. Who wants to start the thread? :roll:

--- Laurie

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Yup, if we had vendors here selling baseball, football, and basketball cards, he would definitely sign up.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Maybe if we got a Jeep and covered it in diamonds...

The other day he was talking to my brother and I wasn't listening. But I heard diamond plated something something and my ears perked up! So I guess diamonds and Jeeps can go hand in hand.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband would join if political discussions were allowed! :D

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My DH doesn't understand the acronyms. He said it was like reading another language

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1368414051|3445786 said:
My DH doesn't understand the acronyms. He said it was like reading another language

LOL! :lol: yes, I often take them for granted and then hubs will read something like "blah blah blah FIY..." and he's like :confused:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1368410693|3445763 said:
Maybe if we got a Jeep and covered it in diamonds...

The other day he was talking to my brother and I wasn't listening. But I heard diamond plated something something and my ears perked up! So I guess diamonds and Jeeps can go hand in hand.

"Diamond plate," to a truck guy (or gal):

diamondplate_0.gif

Just so you don't get your hopes up too high. :wink2:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Hahaha I knowwww, that's what they were talking about haha. All I heard was diamond and I was like uhhhwaaahhh?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1368411388|3445765 said:
Only if he's a liberal... :wink2:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cus I need a place to let out my dirty secrets w/o him finding out!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did, like 3 years ago. He looked at the site and determined that it was "a shill site" because it was vendor-sponsored. He bought my center stone from an indie jewelry in NYC and had it set locally. I know, I know. We aren't very conventional. But! I ended up with a gorgeous stone in a sturdy setting that I've actually been very happy with. ;))

ETA: and, Dancing Fire, you would LOVE my husband. He's a conservative Republican, and even ran for office last fall. EVERYONE ELSE DON'T KILL ME OKAY. :saint:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
He'd rather take a bullet to the head.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's only interested in tennis and cars. Jewellery all look the same to him.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby will look at rings if I show him, but for the most part, he really doesn't care. He just does it to humor me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, Porsche forum, yes, jewelry forum, no. Not a chance. Ever. I am just extremely fortunate that he is happy for me to get whatever jewelry I want. This place keeps him from having to listen to all my deliberations which would become frustrating to him!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1368419046|3445814 said:
junebug17|1368411388|3445765 said:
Only if he's a liberal... :wink2:

:lol: Well, let's just say you'd like my husband DF! And he's not afraid to get into a healthy debate!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine has an account... DF, you want to come over here and MAKE him post?

He goes on Triumph motorcycle forums and Big Green Egg forums... maybe some other meat smoking and dry-aging forums.

I've told him that for some holiday he should take the initiative and post on here asking for help buying a jewelry piece for me, but he says I would just look at the thread and know what he was going to get me.

One time when I was looking at rings on a wedding forum (in a SMTB type thread), he was looking over my shoulder and said he liked the Pricescope rings better, because they looked like people who had actual taste were wearing them. Burnnnnnnnnn!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would take less than a week for my dh to get banned.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1368464896|3446077 said:
It would take less than a week for my dh to get banned.

Yes, this.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is where DH sends me so he doesn't have to listen to me and get that glazed look in his eyes. . . :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1368459886|3446019 said:
Mine has an account... DF, you want to come over here and MAKE him post?

He goes on Triumph motorcycle forums and Big Green Egg forums... maybe some other meat smoking and dry-aging forums.

I've told him that for some holiday he should take the initiative and post on here asking for help buying a jewelry piece for me, but he says I would just look at the thread and know what he was going to get me.

One time when I was looking at rings on a wedding forum (in a SMTB type thread), he was looking over my shoulder and said he liked the Pricescope rings better, because they looked like people who had actual taste were wearing them. Burnnnnnnnnn!

Okay, THIS proves that, somewhere, there is a forum for every. single. thing. on the internet.

No offense, distracts. :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH is a total HERO in the patience and the "photographing of jewels" department when we travel (poor DH --- the jewels he's had to sit there and watch me try on... :roll: ) but he still says - "THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME" ... um... wah - HUT????? :-o

YIKES!! He is clearly not potential PS material!! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results