shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, quick gift color question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am getting ready to order one of these for my niece. She''s 22, what color would someone that age prefer? I''m stumped on this one. (I don''t know if she has a favorite color)

I don''t feel like learning how to do a poll at the moment, so I''ll just tally your answers.
20.gif

Choices again are:

Ice Blue

Chocolate

Black

Pink

Red

Thankies in advance!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy... I really like the red and the ice blue, but I''m always so conservative, especially with gifts, that I''d go with the black if I were you.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Well - I''m not 22, but pretty darn close to it....And I know I would love the Red....Chic, yet still classic
31.gif

Great gift choice!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess it depends on the colors in her room. Black is safe but I am loving the red!!! What a sweet aunt!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the chocolate, black or red. I would stay away from the ice blue because it''s a bit youngish looking and would also get dirtier than the others...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Black is always safe, but I also love the red.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I would dislike ice blue and love the red. So for that reason I choose black ;-)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I think the ice blue is cute, too......but if it were me, I''d give the chocolate one.

Chocolate is the ''new black'' (so I hear) for kids now. It''s richer looking and less harsh.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Love the red! If you want to be conservative, chocolate. Everyone loves chocolate. But the red is really sumptuous.

ETA: I'm not 22 these days, but I am on the young end of the population here.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I really like the red. I think chocolate or black would work, but I would stay away from the ice blue and pink.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I like the ice blue.
36.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I like the chocolate too....Sorry~ Haha.

I''m sure whichever you pick she will love! I would!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m almost 21.. and I vote for red!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Since I''ll be 22 tomorrow, I can relate to this age group well....
17.gif
41.gif
; that said, the ice-blue looks like a Tiffany box and that is always good
1.gif
.....next I would choose red, then brown, then black.

cheers--Sharon

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''m 23 and I have a soft-foldable leather jewelry travel case from red envelope. I have seen the red one IRL and I''m not fond of the color at all. It is much lighter than it looks online... and the light blue looks very young. I would go with the black. It is very elegant and goes with everything!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I see that everybody is in agreement! I'll bet you are glad you asked. LOL! I'll add my $.02 even though I am nowhere near age 22. I like either the brown or the red. Both are classic. ETA: nice gift!

DB

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''m only a couple years older than your niece, and I vote for either the chocolate (my favorite) or the black. The other colors are pretty, but I''m hesitant to keep my jewelry in anything that looks conspicuous on the theory that if someone got into my bag, a blue/pink/red box would be more immediately visible than a dark one. Of course, if they were really serious about it, they''d probably find a darker one anyway...but it just seems like it would be easier to conceal while traveling. Also, brown and black are just so classic. If she''s super-girlie, or if you don''t think she''ll use it for years and years, then I guess a color would be fun.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Yanno, I''ve been thinking about this, and I think those are the same boxes that Whiteflash had offered at one point - Wolf designs, I think?

I could have sworn they still have them, but I don''t see them on the site. I put a call in to Lesley to ask if they still carry them too, as well as the cleaner that I like to use in between U/S baths.....

Will let you know what I hear.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
chocolate or red for me (I prefer the red if it's a rich Cartier red... if not definitely the chocolate).

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the black or red.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, that was easy!!
9.gif

I marked each one that got a positive remark, if not an actual vote. Red won by a hair. However, meresal has seen the red in person, and it doesn''t sound the the vibrant, rich red we''re probably all envisioning. And I don''t want to have to send it back, so I scratched that one.

Black is now in the lead by 1, followed by brown.

Poor pink didn''t even get a whisper. At least we all agree on something!
9.gif

Skippy, I don''t know what her room looks like, she''s away at college. And she''s decided to be an Orthodontist like her daddy, so she''ll be traveling back and forth for awhile. And then she''ll be bringing in the big bucks, so she''ll have lots of bling, and take lots of trips. That''s why I figure she could use this case.
5.gif

Sharon, is tomorrow really your bday?? I know yer not that young.
11.gif
9.gif

Thanks to those that thought this was a good idea. I actually have this very one in black. I got it when I used to work in a gift shop, we carried this line. I love it.

Alj, any word?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2007 8:13:38 PM
Author: Ellen
Well, that was easy!!
9.gif

Sharon, is tomorrow really your bday? Yup.

I know yer not that young.
11.gif
9.gif
Says who???
9.gif

But you are forgiven--I''ll take a red one.......

cheers--Sharon

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm a few years older than your niece, and I vote black. I actually prefer brown to black in most cases, but I like a dark, rich brown (espresso?), and that chocolate looks more like a milk chocolate color.

Another vote for black, here!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 8:20:38 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 11/26/2007 8:13:38 PM
Well, that was easy!!
9.gif

Sharon, is tomorrow really your bday? Yup.

I know yer not that young.
11.gif
9.gif
Says who???
9.gif

But you are forgiven--I''ll take a red one.......

cheers--Sharon
lol.gif

Duly noted Ebree! I voted Black just now as well.
41.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ll vote black on the reasoning that the people who dislike brown tend to dislike it really, really violently ....

This is only hearsay on my part, of course - maybe I''m unknowingly self-selecting for people who veer towards the cooler end of the color spectrum? - but it''s hard to go wrong with classic black.
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what type of clothes does she wear? Cutsey, elegant, bold, conservative?

If it's cutsey with lots of pink - then go for pink or ice blue
If she's a dramatic/unique dresser - go with red
If she is an elegant and classic dresser - go with black or maybe red
If she is a conservative dresser - go with brown
If she likes edgy or goth - go with black

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, I think whatever you choose she will love. Think of it this way...she probably would''ve had just as hard a time deciding which color to order for herself, now you''ve taken the guesswork out of it, hee hee! For the record, I vote for either chocolate or black. Unless you know she has a particular style in her bedroom and what color scheme it involves, you can''t go wrong with brown or black, imo.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 9:15:42 PM
Author: kcoursolle

If it''s cutsey with lots of pink - then go for pink or ice blue
If she''s a dramatic/unique dresser - go with red
I thought of this and her jewelry, she''s kinda tough to pin down. I''d say, somewhat girly, but with a hint of hippie. Does that help??
lol.gif

i.e. She''d totally wear this necklace (and for her birthday last year I gave her a really cute Dichroic pendant that she loved), but she told me not that long ago, that she wears the pearl earrings I gave her a few years ago, all the time....
scratchhead.gif

Dichroic.jpg

laine

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say black or brown.

She sounds a little too edgy (for lack of a better word) for the pink or blue (they seem too cutesy), and for some reason, the red actually seems kind of preppy/conservative to me.

Black and brown are elegant, cool, classy.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 9:14:43 AM

Date: 11/26/2007 9:15:42 PM
Author: kcoursolle

If it''s cutsey with lots of pink - then go for pink or ice blue
If she''s a dramatic/unique dresser - go with red
I thought of this and her jewelry, she''s kinda tough to pin down. I''d say, somewhat girly, but with a hint of hippie. Does that help??
lol.gif

i.e. She''d totally wear this necklace (and for her birthday last year I gave her a really cute Dichroic pendant that she loved), but she told me not that long ago, that she wears the pearl earrings I gave her a few years ago, all the time....
scratchhead.gif
Based on that description I think I would go for Red or Black. I think Red fits better, but you can''t ever go wrong with Black.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results