shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies ladies ladies! Dream rings!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
My first love (going back to when I first started researching diamonds at 13 or 14--I''m 29 now
1.gif
) was the very simple, clean and elegant look of a solitaire with clean lines. Here''s the basic Cartier setting that I love:

simplecartring.png

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And, the very first ring I ever loved, the classic Tiffany solitaire setting. Of course, the beauty of THIS ring is that, if I tried on all the other fancy-ish rings and still decided I liked this one the best, the rock would be PERFECT. Not big, probably a carat or maybe a carat and change, but as close to perfect as we could afford. I really like the idea of having such a gorgeous stone that I don''t want any other stones around it to detract from its presence....*sighs wistfully*

tiffsolringfront.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
One more!! (Sorry, if I had my way, I''d have all these babies!
11.gif
2.gif
)

I really think asschers are beautiful, but I don''t think I''d want one as my engagement ring because I want the sparkle more than the bright, bold flashes of light that you get from a step cut. Buuuuut....if I had to choose a right-hand ring or something? I would looooooove one of these! This one''s from Boodles (UK jewelry store, if you were curious). ''k, all done now!
9.gif

boodlesasscher.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 3:24:06 PM
Author: happilyeverafter
Ooooh Delster, I LOVE that ring!!
30.gif
The combo of yellow gold and plat is beauteeeeful!!!

You know what? I don''t even like yellow gold but for this I could make an exception! YG just looks awful with my skin. I am seriously the palest person ever - my skin actually has a blue tinge to it
20.gif
No doubt he''ll be making it in platinum and WG anyway...
1.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
So at the weekend BF and I were browsing around Grafton Street and he agreed to a little bit of window-shopping. OK, a lot of window-shopping!
31.gif

So, I made a couple of discoveries! BF dislikes anything that''s not round. He likes (a) the Tiffany solitaire (a few antiques shops were selling estate pieces); and (b) solitaires with four or five bead set sidestones, or channel set sidestones once the setting is very delicate on the edges (the one he liked best was very delicately millgrained).

And that reminded me of my first ever ''diamond love''... which was this Tiffany ring... I''d forgotten how much I still love love love this ring...
30.gif
I''ve seen similar elsewhere, but not the exact same thing...
7.gif

tiff_deco_inspired_collage.JPG

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that ring Delster-I was looking at it when I was there in NY and it was gorgeous!!

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 7:29:28 PM
Author: Haven
Ringplease (love your name!) that is a GORGEOUS ring! Wherever did you find it?

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. It is by Jack Kelege, the same designer who made DeeJay''s infamous beauty!!!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I know this isn''t very traditional...especially seeing as the center stone isn''t even a diamond but I guess it''s fitting because I am not a very traditional girl.

We''ve looked at this ring with a diamond center stone as well. In the end, I have almost no control over what my BF gets. I kind of like it that way. He''s always gotten me very unique jewlery so I trust that whatever he designs will be perfect.

Plus, I tend to cheap out on things...so when he told me he would settle for nothing less than a carat where I was thinking more along the lines of a half carat I was more than willing to give him total control ;-)

ring[1].jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2007 2:44:55 PM
Author: bee*
I love that ring Delster-I was looking at it when I was there in NY and it was gorgeous!!

When I was in Seattle they didn''t have it there so I''ve still never seen it in person!
39.gif

Not sure I want to know this -- but -- was it outrageously expensive?
40.gif
Prices on the US website start at around €11k if I remember rightly, so I''m thinking they must have a minimum carat weight they won''t go below with that ring?

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Keepingthefaith that is lovely! I love blue sapphires! It kind of reminds me of Lady Di's ring, have you ever seen it? It was a very different style, but also a blue sapphire surrounded by diamonds.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 10:04:18 AM
Author: Delster
Date: 9/3/2007 2:44:55 PM

Author: bee*

When I was in Seattle they didn''t have it there so I''ve still never seen it in person!
39.gif

Not sure I want to know this -- but -- was it outrageously expensive?
40.gif
Prices on the US website start at around €11k if I remember rightly, so I''m thinking they must have a minimum carat weight they won''t go below with that ring?

I didn''t ask the prices when I was looking at it but there is a minimum carat weight, but I can''t remember there either! Im no use today
9.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i''m new to PS but here''s a pic of my dream ring!

This is the e-ring of an acquaintance of mine...I fell in love with this ring!

My ideal e-ring is 1 carat princess cut center stone with 1 pointer halo with a pave split shank. As long as it has those characteristics, I know it''ll be beautiful. I found one that is a half carat center stone, but its still absolutely beautiful. I love it! My SO''s budget isn''t very high so this ring fits perfectly in his budget. I showed him today. He has the jewelers business card.
30.gif

(BTW...I''m so glad I found this site. It''s so nice to know that there''s a world of bloggers out there going through the same tourterous waiting as me!
3.gif
)

ginas ring.jpg

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
I really like this Jeff Cooper design. I think a few ladies have it that belong on PS.

Jeff cooper designs.png

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes my thoughts drift back to ECs....

EM2.21JVS1.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I have an idea of what I''d like, but I''ve never actually seen it...so I photoshopped together a few different rings/stones to give at least an idea of what my dream ring is...royal blue sapphire oval center stone with sky blue spinel trillians on the sides and channel-set diamonds in the band. *Sigh*

Frankenring.jpg

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 3:47:57 PM
Author: Miscka
Here is the thread I started a little while ago about rings

fun with rings

BTW Nebe, LOVE that Tacori....I think Mommabear has it here on PS?
Miscka
You remembered!
i do have that Tacori ring
I LOVE IT
good choice Nebe

sera

Ideal_Rock
I sooooooooooooooooo want this ring!!!
30.gif

asscher and pink simon g band.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Well after a lot of thought and whatnot....I have always wanted an emerald cut and this one is just perfect.... to bad its 6 carats!!!! My BF told me his range is between 3k-5k....doesnt give me much to work with...
8.gif
40.gif

If he was Bill Gates...this one would do....
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
here it is.................

Alexisdreamring00656.jpg

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a local jewelry shop today (well not really, it was like 30 miles away...
12.gif
) and tried on my dream tacori... and I actually didn''t like it!!!!!
6.gif
I never noticed it has milgrain on all the sides from the pictures; I''m not a fan. The woman I spoke with said she''d call and let me know if it can be made without it.

I really wish my FH liked it (he told me he thinks it''s "busy") because I really do. PFFT. I think I''m going to stick to having my ring designed by WF.
40.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
my absolute favorite...as of right now lol...is the tiffany legacy i think that our 2ct ascher would look A-Mazing in that setting...if thats the setting i do get or somethnig similar i will definetly want to get a set a la brooke shields....LOVE it!!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Nebe... Such a bummer! How sad to have your heart set on something and then see it in person and dislike it!!! Awww... Well if that isn''t the ring, then it wasn''t meant to be. Be happy you went the distance to find that out. It would have been bad had you gotten it and then realized you didn''t like it?

What are you thinking for your WF design?

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 7:29:30 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Nebe... Such a bummer! How sad to have your heart set on something and then see it in person and dislike it!!! Awww... Well if that isn't the ring, then it wasn't meant to be. Be happy you went the distance to find that out. It would have been bad had you gotten it and then realized you didn't like it?

What are you thinking for your WF design?
GRRR, I just lost a really long reply.
29.gif

I'm doing a really sleek topview solitaire with a row of melee diamond accents under the head. I e-mailed James from WF and he's getting me a rough $ from the production team this week.
11.gif
Hopefully I can get it all put together before Sept so I can give it to FH to torture me with. That is, if I don't change my mind again.
20.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hrmmm any one of these could fulfill the Dream ring quota :)

both look OMG more amazing in person :)

ifihadtochoose.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I just remembered about the first ring I ever feel in love with, so I went back to look it up on Cartier.... Here it is!

cartierlrring.jpg

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My first time posting pics here...hope this works!!! This is my dream Kirk Kara ring with princess cut center diamond and blue sapphire baguettes (I LOVE sapphires!!!)
9.gif

myfave2.jpg

WeightLifterChick

Rough_Rock
The Tiffany-style solitaire is my favorite, too, in white gold. Just gorgeous! I don''t care whether it comes from Tiffany & Co. or not, I just love the setting. I''ve always been a solitaire girl
1.gif

tiffsolringfront.jpg

Hisdiamondgirl, that is a BEAUTIFUL ring. Wow! I love sapphires, too.

mthebee

Rough_Rock
Yep, definitely the Tiffany Legacy. Doesn''t have to be Tiffany''s per se, but that ring is what I have my heart set on!!!!!!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 2:19:17 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
My first time posting pics here...hope this works!!! This is my dream Kirk Kara ring with princess cut center diamond and blue sapphire baguettes (I LOVE sapphires!!!)
9.gif

I love those, especially the wedding band! It''s gorgeous!
30.gif

I''m engaged and I already have my band (a plain, slightly curvy plat band to fit around my ering), but if I didn''t, I''d definitely check that one out!

Larie

Rough_Rock
How fun!! It seems as though I change my idea of a "dream ring" every week or so but I have found something that I have been happy with for over a month... I think this could be the one! :)

Emerald12345.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results