shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies-In-Waiting Part III

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

This thread is monstrous. There is just no way to keep up with everything! Ok. I am going out on a date with my bf (ex) today. He wanted to take me to a fancy dinner, see if some romance/quality time would help the relationship a bit. Maybe we need to date a bit, I don''t know it''s still complicated.

JCD! I DUG through the thread and found your dress. I love it! It is just as stunning in the front as in the back. A super bonus. And with the viel you will be gorgeous!

Katrina...Grrr... hate you... You are a blond and gorgeous. How unfair. I always wanted to be blond!!!

Heartsof fire: I am glad you worked things out. He seems much more willing to get involved with your family now. I''m glad you worked things out and he''s willing to meet your family.

Melissasue: I love the dresses you posted! You don''t like the red on the dress? I want color on my dress. This is my dream dress. I know its a princess dress but I have always loved it... and its been years. I doubt I will actually get this dress because I''m not tall enough, but I love it! Without the viel thing. Hate that.

dreamdress2.jpg

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
HOF: I must comment that you are one of the most stunningly beautiful women I have ever seen!! (and..no I am not hitting on you LOL!)

Teebee: I started getting WHITE hair at 20, so I feel your pain! Your ring Rocks!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Ally: I hope the date goes well tonight. I think (at least from my experience) after you''ve been dating someone for a very long time, you get too comfortable and its easy to let the romance die. Both people need to make the effort to keep things fun, exciting, and keep the sparks flying.

sidenote: I heard that you should have at least 6 kisses a day (big ones! not pecks!) to help keep the sparks/romance, etc in the relationship. I really miss those early dating stages of making out!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Melissa - Those are kinda like it. Its more like the Sabrina, but that isnt it. I still cant find it... its not on those sites. I should have taken a picture! Its driving me nuts now. I will have to get the style number from my mom.

Croi - A friend i work with went to Italy on her honeymoon and she LOVED it. She didnt say anything bad about it at all. It was late Sept/early Oct. though, i dont know if that makes a difference. Not in the heart of heavy tourist season. I think of May as just the very very begining, so it still might be worth at least looking into it a little more... youll never be closer than you are in Ireland!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2005 1:11:44 AM
Author: Blue824
one time my dad wrote a letter about horrible service on these really expensive custom couches we had made and they upgraded the leather, gave them to us for free, had a flower arrangement delivered to our house that my mom''s floral designer friend estimated the cost at $300, paid for my parents dinner out at a restaurant of their choice where they had champagne and 4 dozen roses waiting for them at the table. That was an extreme case, I''ll just be happy with an acknowledgement of how I was treated.

Hahaha, one time my mom wrote to Orange Julius because she got a really lousy Julius (as in, almost closing and it had been sitting pre-made for an hour, euw)... they sent her coupons for free Juliuses. I''m happy with that!!
1.gif

Hey, katrina, I knew we had to have at least one blonde looker in the crowd!

HOF, I agree, you are gorgeous!! And I am SOOO glad he re-evaluated his position. I agree, it does take a real man to be able to admit he was wrong. I know your trip together will be just fabulous.
5.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Just wanted to thank GoldenGirl for starting this string of gorgeous pictures
36.gif

More...more...more!

There are so many I had to go back through and associate the names with the pics again.
26.gif

Date: 1/14/2005 10:53:22 AM
Author: allycat0303

Ok. I am going out on a date with my bf (ex) today. He wanted to take me to a fancy dinner, see if some romance/quality time would help the relationship a bit. Maybe we need to date a bit, I don''t know it''s still complicated.
that is great! good luck! I hope that you have a nice time and that everything works out for you

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
OH MY LOOK AT ALL THE PAGES!!!!! I was gone only a few days, last page I remember seeing was page 13!!!! there is no way I am going to catch up. I picked out my dress but I don''t know how to get a pic of it on here, anyhow it is white with red trim. It is Bonny style #415. I picked a wedding date of 2-17-07, and reserved the hall today. Also the diamond in my ring is loose!!!! I heard it yesterday so I took it to the jeweler last night and yes it is loose (I couldn''t feel the diamond loose, I could only hear it). It will be fixed, I will take it in on Monday and get it back on Tuesday, don''t know if I can go that long with out it! I just can''t stop starring at it, for those of you who already have your rings, do you ever stop looking at it?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
OH MY LOOK AT ALL THE PAGES!!!!! I was gone only a few days, last page I remember seeing was page 13!!!! there is no way I am going to catch up.

Heck one day earlier this week I went to lunch and when I came back I was two pages behind!
emsmileo.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
palmbaybabe - I don''t stare at it nearly as often now (about a month since I got it), but whenever I''m in dim or bright, heck, any kind of lighting, I like to wiggle it around and see how sparkly it is. My dad''s computer room, street lights, and a dim movie theater or lecture hall are great!! Also the main sanctuary at my church has great lighting for diamond sparkling.

Katrina and HOF - you ladies are simply gorgeous!! and such handsome gentlemen you''ve got!! We should change our name to the FLIW!!!

HOF - So glad you two made it through the rough patch stronger!! I''m so glad you could turn to us and we could help! Let him know that we don''t hate him at all, we just have a need to look out for our girls!
2.gif
It is good to have a fight sometimes, it gets everything out in the open so you can''t keep ignoring it.
Isn''t it nice that you''re able to have a knowledgeable conversation with jewelers because of this site? I mentioned this before in a long-lost thread, but I was looking at rings at Zales and asked the saleslady if they carried any loose stones that had some fluorescence, just out of curiosity. She started going on and on about how fluor is great for a stone''s CLARITY, that fluor helps a stone look less included!!! I just smiled and nodded..... and promptly informed now-FI to NEVER buy diamond jewelry from them!

Erin - Thanks for the info!! I forwarded it to my sister.

Thanks SJS and allycat!! My dress pics are actually on page 10 or 11, not 5 like I said earlier. Sorry about that!!

allycat - FI and I have set aside one night a week where we don''t talk about wedding plans and just have a fun date! Romance and quality time takes some work when you get comfortable in the relationship and both people get busy, but it''s so essential to the relationship that you just can''t neglect it!! It''s like busy couples scheduling time to have sex - sounds silly and unnecessary, but it''s crucial to maintain your bond and nurture your love. I hope you get some answers!!

Blue Chica - I LOVE filigree jewelry!! It''s so delicate, and it just looks like it has a beautiful story behind it, I don''t know if that makes sense, but filigree just feels like it has history... the setting sounds incredible!! Especially with pave!
30.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2005 2:32:57 PM
Author: Erin
OH MY LOOK AT ALL THE PAGES!!!!! I was gone only a few days, last page I remember seeing was page 13!!!! there is no way I am going to catch up.

Heck one day earlier this week I went to lunch and when I came back I was two pages behind!
emsmileo.gif

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! Too funny! We girls just love to chat with each other!!!
12.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
OFF TOPIC - RANT !

what is up with this week huh ??? my best pal was just in the pharmacy picking up her meds (chemo. drugs mind you, she has leukemia) and the woman had a total go at her over ''something'' being wrong with her insurance or something - my poor darling had no idea what she was on about, she had got a call from the pharmacy to say her meds would be ready for pick-up and then she gets there and this BITCH (sorry but I''m raging) actually starts verbally abusing her.
I am soo hopping mad right now I want to go the pharmacy and punch that cow right in the face.

29.gif

almost everyone I know has had some rotten inter-personal exchange this week (including me)

what the heck is going on ????

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
BREATHE CROI!!!!! BREATHE!!!! It''ll all be alright!!

That''s terrible!! I''m so sorry your friend had to go through that, I can''t believe that pharmacist took out her frustrations on your friend''s insurance on her!! Did she end up getting her meds? I hope so! I''ll be praying for and thinking about her for you!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
wow you guys.. I missed a day and will have to catch up on the weekend.

teebee- love the ring. LOVE IT!

I also loved everyone''s pics. you are all so adorable and in love..

HOF glad you are working in out with your BF. You look incredibly sweet together.
36.gif

Croi - Ridiculous treatment by the pharmacist! You would think that she would have some tact and compassion.

quickly - update is BF conformed with Leon Mege and the ring will be ready on the 20th!!!!!!!!!! Ohmygosh. This waiting thing is so hard! and lastly before I go, here''s one last photo. Think I''ve got to be the old lady of this board @ 33! Ah well.

-lovey

lovehead.jpg

happysnowbunny

Rough_Rock
Allycat --- that dress is AMAZING... where is it from??

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
CROI - I''d like to help you punch the pharmacist in the nose!!!!!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
7.gif

I am sorry ladies. I have calmed down now. I just don''t understand people. I deal with the public in my job and have been abused on the phone plenty of times. I will always stay calm and polite unless the other person is shouting and/or cursing. Then I tell them (politely) that I cannot help them while they are being abusive and to please call back once they have calmed down. THEN I hang up on them !
2.gif
I can only remember getting in two arguements in FIVE years at this job.
I realise this woman may have been having a bad time or something but if she''s working in a pharmacy she knew that the prescription wasn''t for an ear-ache or the flu (which still would not have been acceptable but ...) she knew this was chemotherapy medication; therefore that this young woman (29) has cancer - where was her compassion ??

my friend did get her medication and did speak to the manager of the store. I have calmed down but it''s a good job that woman didn''t pull that stunt with me standing alongside my friend, I''ll tell you that. I am an incredibly patient and peaceful person but DO NOT even THINK of abusing those that I love. I''m a Leo and you better be ready for my roar and for me to take your head off if you abuse my loved ones for no good reason.

shutting up before I get grrrr again
29.gif

on a better note, it''s almost the weekend - maybe it''ll be THE WEEKEND that I become an engaged person !!! woweeeee !!!!!
3.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Allycat - your dream dress is beautifull....It is definitely a princess gown.

But as for me.. I want to wear alll white.. I don''t like color for wedding gowns.. I don''t even like ivory or anything (and a girl was trying on this really oddly colored dress when I was at the bridal shop which I also did not like.. it was like... tan almost..) I just want white white white.. Thats just me though! :)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i have a bit of a funny story along the lines of complaint letters. I have a friend that i''ve been friend with since high school and in college he and his friends got a bag of chips in the dining hall or whatever.. (just a little mini bag) and they were supposed to be BBQ but they were plain chips..
So they wrote a letter.. mostly just for the fun of it.. since they didn''t really pay for the chips anyway.. to Troyer Farms I think or who ever made the chips.. And.. I think they got coupons for lots of free chips.. AND for some reason they invited them to go take a tour of their factory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which I think is really amusing. I"m sure they never went.. but. its just funny that that was part of what they offered in apologies for their defective bag of chips.
So I guess complaining can get you a long way!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Croi - Glad your friend got everything she needed, but so sorry to hear of the time she had. I agree that i dont understand people sometimes and why they do the things they do! But ive got my fingers and toes and arms and legs crossed for you!!! I want to come back monday and see a pretty sparklie on your finger!
9.gif
10.gif
30.gif

And good luck to everyone else as well... sounds like many are VERY close!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
HOF: you have excellent note taking skills! I''m glad you think my BF and I look good together...I think so too, plus I know we will have beautiful babies, but hopefully they will have his green eyes.

I sent him a pic of the ring this morning and he really likes it and said that it looks perfect for me!!! Yeah I''m so excited!!! I''m thinking of adding some milgrain edging detail to make it look more antique.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, ladies... I asked the bf if I could ask around and get some estimates on my dream setting, and he said OK, so... I''ve sent out a few requests, cross your fingers that they come back in our price range!!!
10.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Appletini: Thank you... I just want to take the time to let everyone know how much I appreciate their thoughts since they are so nice sharing them good or bad... you will have some gorgeous babies (tall, blond, they will be some heartbreakers)... love green eyes... bf has hazelnut (inside)/ green eyes (outside)... I''m so happy bf loves your chosen ring too... it looks so pretty and you will wear it well. I really like your idea adding some special touch to make it more antique plus that will be your signature... you created it. I''m so excited for you. Can''t wait to look at more rings tonight... bf likes the H&A diamonds too, my chosen setting (Endless Love Ritani w/ micro pave)... I''m so happy for everyone... this week was better than last week. By the way with whom will you work with... to have your ring custom made... it sound so beautiful!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
GG: sending you ((((good vibes)))... you will find your dream setting in your price range.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
AAAhhhhh Lovey- never fear, I am 34 over here!

OK, i posted pics of the stones and idealscope images on this thread: anyone who is interested can take a gander...

HOF: so glad to hear that things are working out.

Teebee: LOVE the ring!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Jenwill: To the will and grace couple...
9.gif
thank you for you kind words... I did look at the asshers... I prefer #1... has more fire (I thought it was just the pic but seeing it side by side... that said it all) and great cut. All the best!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
emstar.gif
emlove.gif
emgift.gif
emnote.gif
emhot.gif
emrose.gif
emmoon.gif
emrainbow.gif
emstar.gif
emlove.gif
emgift.gif
emnote.gif
emhot.gif
emrose.gif
emmoon.gif
emrainbow.gif
emstar.gif
emlove.gif
emgift.gif
emnote.gif
emhot.gif
emrose.gif
emmoon.gif
emrainbow.gif

sending all good vibes to all you FLIW

appletini

Ideal_Rock
HOF: As of right now I''m thinking Whiteflash b/c I/we plan to get the diamond from them too. I''ve seen so many beautiful settings that they have done. Also since I''m in Houston, I can easily deal with them in person, and I feel more comfortable with that than to try do things long distance.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Jenwill - I also think #1 is the best of the two. It looks more like an Asscher should - endlessly deep with great fire! #2 looks like it has uneven facets in all pics, which of course leads to looking shallower and with less fire. And the fluor and price of #1 are better anyways!!! I like fluor too, it''s such a neat phenomenon!

Good luck GG and appletini!!!!!!!!! Ring vibes are being sent your way!!!

HOF - He''s actually the goofball in the relationship, but from the recent pics we''ve taken, it all seems to have rubbed off on me - LOL!! We have tons of fun together!! Thanks!!

We''ve narrowed down our reception hall/caterer choices to two places ladies!!! Both hotels, both have similar catering menus, but one is catered by a very good restaurant and the other is the hotel''s catering, which I don''t really know about. I''m going to call the caterers and request proposals from them today!! Wish me luck!!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Erin: Thank you for the good vibes... you''re so sweet... and (((good vibes))) back to you.
9.gif

Appletini: I''ve seen so much of Whiteflash on PS... great choice... you''re so lucky you are so close to them... bf would also be uncertain doing the long distance and online business in regards to the e-ring... luckily he has good connections to a local jeweler... it will be great.
1.gif
(((ring vibes))) coming your way.

JCJD: That''s so funny... you both look great together and you will have so much fun the rest of your lives... you''re so on the ball with your planning... I hope you both find the right reception hall and caterer... you know you can request for them to make a wedding tasting meal for you two to try... maybe that could help you decide which you would like best. Sending you (((luck vibes))).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results