shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies- How long does your makeup routine take you?

How long does your makeup routine take?

• 0 Minutes

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • 1-5 Minutes

Votes: 39 33.6%
  • 5-10 Minutes

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • 10-15 Minutes

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • 15 or More

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm an old bird so I can't just fling my make up on like I used to. I voted 5-10 minutes :bigsmile:

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta|1329949610|3131931 said:
I'll wear make up to

1. My wedding

2. Your wedding

And that's about it.

I didn't wear makeup to my wedding, actually.

I'm allergic. To be truthful, I didn't used to care but now that I'm older (55) I could use some help from makeup but it itches so darn much that I don't do it very much. I had my colors done and dress with those near my face and make sure my hair is done and that helps some.

When I do put on makeup, it takes about two minutes because I won't put it where its not necessary. My main problem nowadays is that 'tired' look you can get when you're older. So (after applying hydrocortisone to preempt SOME of the itching), i put foundation on, mostly under my eyes to cut the dark shadowing, I brush my eyebrows into place (they're shaped fine), I suck in my cheeks and put some blush on the 'apple' and I line my lips with a lip brush and put on some Burt's Bees (which itches less than lipstick, though it still itches).

I have been recommended everything from natural to other specialized products to hypo-allergenic but it doesn't make a difference, it just causes rash and excema and itch. My mother is the same. I guess I just have to work on my personality. And maybe try wet tea bags under the eyes? I've heard somewhere that this helps with looking tired even though you aren't.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
5 - 10 minutes for me, but that doesn't include the serum/moisturizer routine beforehand. I'm with the others who've noticed as you get older, you need something to give a little "oomph", so I really feel like I look gross without some makeup on. And in my case, cover the blotchy skin I have at times (rosacea). Right now I'm using BB cream with a little powder foundation on top, blush, eyeshadow and pencil liner, mascara, and brow tint/gel, and some lip color (usually a sheer lip balm, current favorite is Fresh Sugar Plum).

Enerchi, you may want to try They're Real mascara by Benefit. I really like it and I'm picky about mascara. The Maybelline one does sound good, too! Re: Chanel lipstick. I like the colors and it goes on really well but I can't get past the smell; it's too perfumey for me. Two of my sisters love it, though, so everyone is different. I have a really sensitive nose!

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock
I'm a 10-15 minute girl. My hair is what takes the bulk of my AM time (naturally curly).

Moisturizer
Concealer
Powder Foundation
Powder
Eyeshadow
Eyeliner
Mascara
Blush
Lipstick/Gloss/Balm

ETA: Seems like alot but I've been doing full face makeup since my early teens so I've got it down to a science.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
The older I get the longer it's taking. Never had a problem with dry skin until NOW, so I've added moisturizer to my routine. :shock:

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm all over the place with this. I put 1-5 minutes.

For me it's an order of importance sort of thing.

#1 moisturizer - I'm totally content going around with absolutely nothing else on my face.
#2 24 lip color - put it on and forget it for 1-2 days, gotta love that!
#3 mascara
#4 eye liner
#5 eye shadow
#6 blush

I'm way more likely to do just #1 than anything else, then #2 then #3 then down the line. I don't wear all of it often at all, but sometimes.

I don't ever wear foundation. I've embraced my flaws - i can't stand that stuff drying and caking and sliding off my face. I can see the difference, but it just isn't enough. My skin looks so much better since I stopped adding that to the mix.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
minmin001|1329918876|3131610 said:
none, I don't wear any.

Ditto....I do on some weekend nights if I am going out...so I guess I wear it about 2-4 times a month. That is usually just mascara and blush...If I really get ambitious, there might be eye liner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results