shape
carat
color
clarity

**LA/Santa Monica GTG Gem Show-Sept. 22**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
How will we all know who each other is? (Sorry, totally grammatically incorrect but you get the idea)

Yep, I was the one with the antique jewlery place that has OECs...a little far from the civic center in the rain though...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 10:42:01 PM
Author: rockzilla
How will we all know who each other is? (Sorry, totally grammatically incorrect but you get the idea)

Yep, I was the one with the antique jewlery place that has OECs...a little far from the civic center in the rain though...
How about if we each wear a scarf and meet outside of Urth? If you gals like this idea, I will wear a red winter scarf.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Cool...I''ll wear a dark green scarf.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I will wear a pink plaid scarf...yay!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
That's a really clever idea. I can't find my blue multi colored scarf, so I will wear a white scarf - and possibly a white beanie type cap as my hair has informed me that it intends to pull a 'it's humid slightly frizzy electric socket' look for the day. If not it will likely be in a ponytail!

I will bring extra copies of the free passes in case any one forgets!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could''ve been there! Work beckoned, as usual, and I''m nearing the end of a 15-day-straight run of 14-hour days
14.gif
My bed will feel amazing tonight....

But hey, at least I got an update to my IMDB page out of it, LOL
20.gif

I can''t wait to see pics of the gem show!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
It was a lot of fun and great to meet everybody.

Hopefully Selkie will be able to post the pics soon!

RZ

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I finally got to download my pics today. It was a great time! Here''s some shots from brunch-a rare LA downpour:

Urth_rain.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
KCoursolle, :), and Rockzilla trying to stay dry.

K_L_E_urth.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
The bling shot-lots of color in this group, yum! Clockwise from top right, KCoursolle''s split shank cushion and 5-stone w-band, Selkie''s w- and e-rings, Rockzilla''s 3-stone sapphire and diamond ring, and antique-style eternity band, and :)''s ruby and diamond baguette eternity band.

all_hands.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
KCoursolle did the honors for the one-hand bling shot.

K_hand3.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
That''s weird, it looks like there''s a chunk missing from K''s cushion in that last shot. Here''s another one.

K_hand2.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a great time
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had so much fun with you gals at the get together!! You are all so sweet and friendly in person and it was great to meet you! Selkie, thanks for uploading the pictures. They turned out really cute.

To recap a little for everyone:
We went to brunch first at a coffee shop while it was raining really hard.
Next we went to the gem show after the rain finally let up.
We wandered around and had loads of fun looking at everything.
:) debated buying a ruby ring and I debated buying a tiny pave eternity band, but neither of us decided to buy.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think any of us ended up succumbing to the temptations of the gem show (and there were many!) but we spent a good 2 or 3 hours checking it all out. I was amazed at the range of quality, styles and prices. I think I liked the loose gem vendors and the estate jewelry best.

K_B_E1.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
For the record, my face does not look that huge in real life...I was trying to lean back to get in the picture while avoiding the downpour =)

Really cool to see all the bling on one hand. One thing that I think is interesting from those pics is that KCousolle's e-ring stone (.75 I think?) faces up about the same as my 2 ct. sapphire, which is cut very deep.

Loved seeing all the color though! We should do this again sometime...maybe go to one of the Bonham's fine jewelry auction previews? I noticed they are going to be auctioning off an 11.4ct RB engagement ring...that'd be fun to try on!

Edit: the second photo is a better indication of my face size =)

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
That pic was KC, me, and Rockzilla and this one is RZ, :) and KC. Ladies, I realized after the fact that I forgot to get your emails or I would send you all copies of the pics!

E_L_K.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
After we split up, I went up to the Promenade to kill some time before meeting friends for dinner. Nobel jewelers on 4th st. had some really lovely antique pieces in their window, but I didn't go in. I think that's where RZ said she saw some OECs? I'm going to have to go back there for another look.

The rain really cleared up the air over LA and I just had to get a couple shots of the mountains and ocean.

SM_mountains.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Sun on Santa Monica Bay.

SM_Bay.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to Rockzilla''s eternity band, I''ve decided my next jewelry purchase will be the sapphire and diamond version, if I can find one I really like!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Awesome photos, especially the one-hand bling shot!
30.gif

Selkie, I feel like your e-ring and mine are long lost siblings! Must go look for more photos of your ring now...
9.gif

Maybe I''ll get up the nerve to join you all for the next LA area get together!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I had a blast with all of you (although it was great to get home to wash all the goop out of my hair that I put in it to keep it from going crazy in the rain!) - you were all so sweet and fun! I hope we can all get together again, and that others will be able to come and join the fun too! (I am up for one of the jewelry auction previews Rockzilla mentioned!)

I look at those pics and I am like - my hair is so long!!!
23.gif
I was bending at the waist and a bit twisted, but still - holy moly - time for my 6 month haircut!!! I needed that wake up call to push me to make the appt!

Selkie - Thank you for setting up the get together. And THANK YOU for driving us that half mile to the Civic Center since the roads were flooded and it kept opening up with sudden torrential downpours! Hee hee - no one in LA walks anywhere anyway! ;-)

Rockzilla - you are such a trooper coming to be with us despite still having to go to work later that day! (A true PSer!) Maybe next time you will buy a citrine!

kcoursolle - Thank you for saving me from the ruby ''window'' saleswoman! We will have to work on finding you an eternity band.

Everyone''s stones were so beautiful. kcoursolles ACAs are gorgeous (hand and neck!) and I loved Selkie and Rockzillas sapphires (on the hands AND the ears!!). It is not too often that you actually get to see high quality sapphires. What a treat!

I think we all came to the conclusion that it is much more fun to go to these gem shows with other PSers instead of our significant others as PSers understand the need to browse.... and browse.... and browse... even if you don''t purchase!
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Looks like you all had a lot of fun! Beautiful rings! Thanks for sharing!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 3:46:36 PM
Author: :)
I had a blast with all of you (although it was great to get home to wash all the goop out of my hair that I put in it to keep it from going crazy in the rain!) - you were all so sweet and fun! I hope we can all get together again, and that others will be able to come and join the fun too! (I am up for one of the jewelry auction previews Rockzilla mentioned!)

I look at those pics and I am like - my hair is so long!!!
23.gif
I was bending at the waist and a bit twisted, but still - holy moly - time for my 6 month haircut!!! I needed that wake up call to push me to make the appt!

Selkie - Thank you for setting up the get together. And THANK YOU for driving us that half mile to the Civic Center since the roads were flooded and it kept opening up with sudden torrential downpours! Hee hee - no one in LA walks anywhere anyway! ;-)

Rockzilla - you are such a trooper coming to be with us despite still having to go to work later that day! (A true PSer!) Maybe next time you will buy a citrine!

kcoursolle - Thank you for saving me from the ruby ''window'' saleswoman! We will have to work on finding you an eternity band.

Everyone''s stones were so beautiful. kcoursolles ACAs are gorgeous (hand and neck!) and I loved Selkie and Rockzillas sapphires (on the hands AND the ears!!). It is not too often that you actually get to see high quality sapphires. What a treat!

I think we all came to the conclusion that it is much more fun to go to these gem shows with other PSers instead of our significant others as PSers understand the need to browse.... and browse.... and browse... even if you don''t purchase!
9.gif

Yup, kcoursolle is the one to bring jewelry shopping! She''s got the tools, and she''s not afraid to use them!
36.gif
I''m definitely going to try to get to the next Anaheim show, and bring DH this time. I actually have fun shopping with him, and he''s proven to be observant about what I like
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing the pics; looks like you all had a wonderful time!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results