shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT L is for so in LOVE with my

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think we'll ever get tired of seeing more shots of Bea!! Keep 'em coming!!

I loved your back story - that was a very well thought out/impulsive decision :lol: :wink2:

Off on a tangent here - What magical thing does it take to get Adam to contact you back?? I have had no luck - not when I tried to contact him back when looking for my OEC last summer/fall via email, nor now when I've sent emails regarding another new project. He doesn't reply -- any tips?

But back on track - still lovin' that honkin' stone of yours!!! Drool drool drool!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures in moving car continued. I never realized how difficult it is to get pics when you are going 60 plus mph on the highways LOL.
I kept telling my dh to drive more smoothly over the pot holes. :cheeky:

Enerchi, thank you! Glad at least one person might enjoy seeing more pictures and as you know I am happy to oblige! As for Adam contacting you- are you sure he got your emails? Could they have gone to spam? Did you try calling him? It seems unusual that he wouldn't get back to you from what I know of him. In any case I am sure it had to be an oversight and when you come in April we must make an appointment with Adam so we can ogle his new old inventory!!! :love: :cheeky:

deliciousyummyprofile.jpg

_3465.jpg

colorsgalore.jpg

carcolors.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll call today and leave a VM so at least he'll check his email - I send to the sales at "website" dot com email address. But good point, I'll call and hopefully that will be more successful. He did reply once only back in the fall... and I replied back with the details/specs/#'s of the stones I was interested in... but then ... that was it. Lets hope the phone is more 'magical' than email!!

Maybe when I'm there in April - we'll be PICKING UP instead of browsing!! wait - we can do both, right? We can still browse and play?! Sure we can!! phew - moment of panic resolved!! haha!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi said:
I'll call today and leave a VM so at least he'll check his email - I send to the sales at "website" dot com email address. But good point, I'll call and hopefully that will be more successful. He did reply once only back in the fall... and I replied back with the details/specs/#'s of the stones I was interested in... but then ... that was it. Lets hope the phone is more 'magical' than email!!

Maybe when I'm there in April - we'll be PICKING UP instead of browsing!! wait - we can do both, right? We can still browse and play?! Sure we can!! phew - moment of panic resolved!! haha!

Ooh, yes Enerchi!!! I like the way you think! You can never have too many pretty diamonds!! :love: :cheeky:
And Adam also carries fancy yellow diamonds!

prettycolors.jpg

glowy.jpg

glowy2.jpg

colorsagain.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
AH!! that last pic above - you can pick out the yellow and blue of your shirt!! TOO COOL!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi said:
AH!! that last pic above - you can pick out the yellow and blue of your shirt!! TOO COOL!!!
Ooh, I'm so glad it showed up in the pictures. Sometimes what I am seeing IRL just doesn't translate to pics especially when I am the one taking the pictures! :rodent: Thanks Enerchi!

prettyfacets.jpg

_3466.jpg

_3467.jpg

_3468.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Yay for more pictures!!! What an incredible beauty - and the diamond's nice too. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So last few pics. I think I am on picture overload! :oops:
You can see the sun shining through the dirty car windows haha and I was playing with the kaleidoscope effect my ring had with the sun rays.

And lastly, just for something different, the reason we drove so many hours yesterday. We went to order our custom Calfee carbon tandem. So excited! It takes about 8-10 weeks to make but stay tuned! :appl: Ours will be ferrari red with white lettering. :sun:

Rosebloom said:
Yay for more pictures!!! What an incredible beauty - and the diamond's nice too. :)

Thank you Rosebloom-you are too kind!! :oops:

tiredyet.jpg

sunshiningthroughwindowofcar.jpg

atnight2.jpg

calfeedragonflytandem.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that is one stunning, huge diamond. It's perfect :lickout: I saw that one listed on Adam's website although there was not a photo my first thought was "Oh I so want that OEC". Congratulations and enjoy it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: finding a vintage band, i have gotten a few on eBay... try searching for 'orange blossom' platinum bands, they are an old company from the early 1900's who did a lot of engraved thin platinum bands. i won one for $200 a while ago and just love it with my ring, many times they are $500-600 on eBay, but sometimes i see one go on auction so you can get lucky. i also have seen a fair amt of vintage single cut diamond bands on eBay as well depending on what you want. i have a special obsession with bands, hehe. my ring doesn't sit flush with other bands, small space but it's doable!

oh and Enerchi, Adam is really responsive, so that may have been a fluke.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOA! something wrong with that last bling picture --- it looks like a... a...a....a BICYCLE??? oh my - your camera needs adjusting!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
WHOA! something wrong with that last bling picture --- it looks like a... a...a....a BICYCLE??? oh my - your camera needs adjusting!!

It may look like a bicycle, but it's a new forward thinking way of capturing the essence of the diamond. It makes the viewer think. Very very nice Missy :) hahaha

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
SO stunningly gorgeous! and truly wonderful how it all came together -- adam is such a doll. congrats on your beautiful ring!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1359756913|3369995 said:
Ohh this is THE shot :love:

img_20130201_145634-1.jpg

Yep. Those fat chunkster arrows ... EXACTLY what I love best about old cuts. AMAZING. I love all of the pics you're posting.

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for posting all these amazing photos of one of the most gorgeous stones I've ever seen!!! Your L is truly the perfect color and the faceting is so lively and just throws off light in such a beautiful, colorful way. My ering contains an OEC that belonged to my grandmother, and I think it's really special that you were able to honor your original setting by dedicating this old cut stone and ring to her. Grandmothers are special people, for sure. Thanks again for sharing everything, you and your husband seem like truly lovely people.

mimi123

Rough_Rock
Oh Wow Missy - Let me pile on here!! ::) If that's not the most perfect OEC I don't know what is! And NO CHANCE IN HADES that's an L .... :devil:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I came back again, thanks for all the new photos! I am still really amazed at the faceting of that stone. It is really perfect for a classic OEC! The under table facets looks so bright and flashy and the overall pattern is so pleasing to the eye -- no big switch in facet size from the outer to inner areas of the face. LOVE it.

Demelza|1359904927|3371097 said:
This ring is exactly the reason why PS is a very dangerous place for me! Your ring is PHENOMENAL! I love everything about it and would sell my whole collection to have a stone like that. Congratulations! It's amazing and looks beautiful on you!!!! Officially my new favorite ring. Period.

And ditto. But I don't have enough of a collection to sell to get anywhere near that size and beauty! ;(

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy for you! Everything about your ring is gorgeous. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
L... L... L... LURVE this and all the pics!!

:love: :love: :love:

what a find!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1359908391|3371136 said:
Missy, that is one stunning, huge diamond. It's perfect :lickout: I saw that one listed on Adam's website although there was not a photo my first thought was "Oh I so want that OEC". Congratulations and enjoy it!

Thank you bright ice! I didn't even notice it on his website because I was going in to Adam to see the chunky cushion and that was the stone I was focusing on. Plus, it's hard for me to tell much from a photo or 2 anyway. Videos are better but in person is best for me and especially for old cuts. I have trouble conceptualizing (not sure that is the right word) from pics and am more of a hands on need to see IRL person. I know lots of people can really tell from pictures/videos and numbers but for old cuts I find in person is best (if you can). OWD does have a good return policy though so if you are cannot view it in person there isn't any risk if it's not what you were hoping it would be.

Ganesha said:
SO stunningly gorgeous! and truly wonderful how it all came together -- adam is such a doll. congrats on your beautiful ring!

Oh, thank you Ganesha!

alisonia333 said:
Thank you so much for posting all these amazing photos of one of the most gorgeous stones I've ever seen!!! Your L is truly the perfect color and the faceting is so lively and just throws off light in such a beautiful, colorful way. My ering contains an OEC that belonged to my grandmother, and I think it's really special that you were able to honor your original setting by dedicating this old cut stone and ring to her. Grandmothers are special people, for sure. Thanks again for sharing everything, you and your husband seem like truly lovely people.

Thanks alisonia! That is very kind of you to say. ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara|1359908649|3371143 said:
re: finding a vintage band, i have gotten a few on eBay... try searching for 'orange blossom' platinum bands, they are an old company from the early 1900's who did a lot of engraved thin platinum bands. i won one for $200 a while ago and just love it with my ring, many times they are $500-600 on eBay, but sometimes i see one go on auction so you can get lucky. i also have seen a fair amt of vintage single cut diamond bands on eBay as well depending on what you want. i have a special obsession with bands, hehe. my ring doesn't sit flush with other bands, small space but it's doable!

oh and Enerchi, Adam is really responsive, so that may have been a fluke.

Thank you so much for that info Mara! I will check it out!

Yesterday we went to my parents in the afternoon to show them the ring but before that we stopped by our neighborhood flea market and there was only 1 vendor out because it was so cold and a bit of snow was o the ground. But, the one vendor outside at the flea market had wedding bands. What are the odds that the only person there had exactly what I was interested in lol!

And there was one simple milgrain band (stainless steel) that I tried on that fit perfectly. For $5 I got it lol but it is only a temp till I find the right one. Plus it is too thick to wear with my ER (IMO) so I am going to wear it on my other hand. My diamond eternity on the other hand just doesn't fit with my new ER if you kwim.My dad thinks any ER looks best alone so he is making me rethink wearing a WB with my ER in any case but I am still looking for the right one.

We also stopped in at the Clay Pot before we went to my parents and I tried on a gorgeous 2 mm milgrain WG band there and they can make it up in platinum for me but are getting back to me with the cost. It will be too much for me right now though because the one I tried on there was WG and almost $500. But it was very pretty. I think I need a 1mm or 1.5 mm band though because if I am going to wear them together a thinner band would work better I think.

Here's a quick pic of the $5 stainless band I picked up at the flea market.

stainlessbandwither2.jpg

profilebander.jpg

closeupofstainlessband.jpg

closeupstainlessbandwither.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1359909643|3371161 said:
Enerchi said:

It may look like a bicycle, but it's a new forward thinking way of capturing the essence of the diamond. It makes the viewer think. Very very nice Missy :) hahaha

Hahaha, exactly what I was going for Enerchi- good pick up! :bigsmile: :cheeky:
Diamonds are a girl's best friend- the perfect pair. Just like a couple on a tandem...get it? :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mimi123|1359921724|3371318 said:
Oh Wow Missy - Let me pile on here!! ::) If that's not the most perfect OEC I don't know what is! And NO CHANCE IN HADES that's an L .... :devil:

Thank you so much mimi. I have to say I was very surprised yesterday when we visited my parents. They both love jewelry (though not as much as a PSer :cheeky: ) and they know a thing or 2 when it comes to diamonds. However, not once did they say anything about the color and believe me they are not shy. They louped it and admired it and asked questions but not once did they ask about the color. I was waiting because I knew if they did ask they would tell me I made a mistake getting an "L". But they said it was a beautiful ring (though my mom was worried the shank was too thin and would not hold up) and only had good things to say about it. Big surprise for me because I thought they would notice the color. But my ring passed the parent test!! :appl: Not that it would have made any difference to me if they did say it faces up creamy but it was nice they just admired the ring and said how beautiful it is. ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ClassyRocks|1359932824|3371448 said:
I am so happy for you! Everything about your ring is gorgeous. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

heliotrope said:
L... L... L... LURVE this and all the pics!!

:love: :love: :love:

what a find!!

Thank you ClassyRocks and heliotrope!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1359913205|3371195 said:
Yssie|1359756913|3369995 said:
Ohh this is THE shot :love:

img_20130201_145634-1.jpg

Yep. Those fat chunkster arrows ... EXACTLY what I love best about old cuts. AMAZING. I love all of the pics you're posting.

Thank you so much Circe for coming by! I want you to know that one of the reasons I am posting so many pics is because last week in the RT thread you requested for me to post a gazillion or so pics when I got this ring. Have I hit the gazillion mark yet? :Up_to_something: :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1359929662|3371426 said:
I came back again, thanks for all the new photos! I am still really amazed at the faceting of that stone. It is really perfect for a classic OEC! The under table facets looks so bright and flashy and the overall pattern is so pleasing to the eye -- no big switch in facet size from the outer to inner areas of the face. LOVE it.

Demelza|1359904927|3371097 said:
This ring is exactly the reason why PS is a very dangerous place for me! Your ring is PHENOMENAL! I love everything about it and would sell my whole collection to have a stone like that. Congratulations! It's amazing and looks beautiful on you!!!! Officially my new favorite ring. Period.

And ditto. But I don't have enough of a collection to sell to get anywhere near that size and beauty! ;(

Thank you so much Dreamer. I really appreciate your thoughts and expertise!!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Missy, I showed this thread to my husband and he was quite impressed by your new tandem bike! :lol:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, she is a killer beauty! :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alistra|1359997544|3371950 said:
Missy, I showed this thread to my husband and he was quite impressed by your new tandem bike! :lol:

LOL, thanks Alistra. The bike is pretty impressive I must say and hopefully when it is finally built it will weigh no more than 25 lbs which would be awesome. Our current tandem which is aluminum weighs probably more than 40 lbs and it is quite the you know what climbing hills with it. One main impetus for getting this carbon tandem (because we had been talking about getting this for a couple of years now) was that the hurricane washed away the Henry Hudson trail and in order to get out to the main road we have lots more hills to climb now. And they are steep and with a heavy tandem well, it's not a fun way to start and end our ride if you kwim. The HH trail may never be rebuilt at least in our lifetime so that's why we decided to go for it now.

Snicklefritz said:
Ugh, she is a killer beauty! :love: :love:

Thanks Snicklefritz!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1359756373|3369988 said:
There's something about Costco I gotta tell you. Bea is loving it!

Aww, thanks Rosebloom! I hope you know I'm posting these extra ones for you! Are you tired of them yet? :cheeky: I think I'm posting the most pics ever in one thread lol.
Costco & Sam's Club = Best Lighting EVER! That's the first place DH took me after I got my new set, but I didn't think to take pictures there. I'm SO glad you did though, I love seeing Bea light up the place ... AMAZING!!! I could look at your ring all day Missy, W :o W.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results