shape
carat
color
clarity

Kill Facebook

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really understand how fake news spreads via FB. I only look at the feeds of my 25 FB friends, who are mostly family, and my two small-ish hobby groups. The former mainly posts stuff about their kids/vacations/day trips, and the latters are, of course, only about the hobbies. I never see any "news" on FB, fake or otherwise. I don't think of FB as a news source. For news, I visit reputable sites such as BBC, Guardian, Washington Post etc. It wouldn't occur to me to get news from FB.

Or is it people's friends disseminating this "news"? There's not an official FB "news" feed, right? The only things is my friends' stuff I mentioned above.

I guess I must use FB in a very simple way.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's not an official FB "news" feed, right? The only things is my friends' stuff I mentioned above.

When you have time, listen to Haugen's testimony or check on-line news sources which have printed her most damming comments. It's scary stuff.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot about FB until I wanted to list some things for sale bc I'm moving. It's such a dinosaur of a platform...IG is not far behind. Twitter is in a whole other sphere, and Tiktok is honestly the only place I frequent now as far as socials. I use my local subreddit pretty often just to keep up with happenings since Covid commenced. The only reason I give any Fs about FB is all the pics and vids I posted that I now have to retrieve before I set that account on fire.

And Kenny, I was just wondering where you were. Hi!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know FB is horrible as is Zuck. I'm just weak. :oops2: I rarely post, but I like to keep up with old friends I haven't seen in decades. I don't know of another platform to do that, so I haven't deleted my account yet. I have IG, but it's mainly for gem shopping and watching animal videos, yet I feel guilty using it, too. This whole sh*tshow has really messed with my head.:lol-2:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've pretty much gone "cold turkey" it was great not looking at FB the day it went down...so I thought..why not make every day better:)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not had an account in about 15years and nothing could tempt me to create one now. I loathe everything it stands for. :hand:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results