shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one of my most FAVORITE-IST rings on PS!

**swoon**

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring lumpkin! The finish really makes your stone pop!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
ooooo, I really like how unique it is. Haven''t seen anything quite like that! Love the texture and the way the set looks!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 6:00:01 PM
Author: ang3199
Here is one of my most FAVORITE-IST rings on PS!

**swoon**

THANK you!
21.gif
You made my day!

Poshpepper and Portia, thank you also. It's just amazing to me what a different finish did for the whole look and design of the ring. I think the jeweler may have designed this ring and had it cast himself, but he retired and his store is closed, and I didn't think to ask when I got it. I wish he could see it now, I think he'd flip. He was such a nice man.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 5:26:40 PM
Author: lumpkin
Thanks, ladies. I am really pleased! Treysar, it DOES look like a total reset. I''ve been lusting after this finish since I saw a picture of Molly''s friend''s ring and Wallermama''s ring. It''s so rich looking and it was such an inexpensive way to give it some oomph. I think now the diamond doesn''t have to compete with the shine/glare off the setting. Honestly, I think it makes the setting look a lot more expensive than it did without the matt finish. For reference it cost 2 1/2 times more to rhodium the two rings than to put the finish on the e-ring. And I knew if I didn''t like it they could just polish it off, so there was really no losing on the deal.

ETA: I think I was posting when you guys were!

Hey, Ellen, it''s nice to see you, too.
35.gif

Maisy, I''ve been wondering how you are doing. I don''t post much anymore, but I come and visit and lurk now and then and noticed you weren''t posting much either. Hope your job is going well!
I have only just seen this. I was having a sneaky peek at your rings again!

I''m ok thankyou. I am on long term sick just now. I am having problems with one of my ears, I keep getting vertigo and losing my balance. My employer said I was a liability and had to stay at home till I am completely better.

I haven''t been wasting my time at home though, I have upgraded my diamond to a carat!
36.gif

I hope you are well!
1.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
i keep meaning to comment on this thread...

yiu know i loooooove my matte finish on my w ring & i think it makes your ring pop!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 1:08:48 PM
Author:lumpkin
I had to re-rhodium my rings and I decided to go ahead and have them soldered together. While I was at it, I decided to have them put a sand blast finish on the white gold and leave the yellow gold highly polished. It turned out so well and really changed the look of the set. I think it makes my little diamond pop pop pop!

Wow, that''s really pretty! It''s so elegant!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Divergrl, thank you! You know, I wonderd something -- prolly should have asked before I had it done but -- do you have any problems with scratching the matt finish? Do you have to have the finish redone when you re-rhodium (or is yours platinum, I forget)?

Ulualoha, thank you, too. I won''t forget your name because I just read a book to my son that had a uara in it. He has a thing for fish. I had thought the uara was from Hawaii, but aparently it''s from Brazil, according to the website I just got the picture from. Anyway, it''s a really pretty fish and your name reminded me of it. Here''s a picture:

Uaru2.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin: mine is a satin finish, but my jeweler calls it "emery" (as in a nail file..if that makes sense). i have no idea if there is a difference between our finishes or if its just semantics in word choice. I''ve had it like this for about 2 years & its help up just great! My jeweler rhodium dips it (its white gold) for free 2x''s a year, but I''ve never had to have scratches buffed out of it. I did have to have the scratches on the high polished part once (its high polished on the sides around my stone).

HTH...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad this thread got bumped up...lumpkin, I love the new "sandblasted" or "emery" finish on the WG part of your ring! It really does make your diamond ''pop'' and makes the whole wedding set look new and different in a great way...I love it!
36.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info, Divergrl!

Thanks, Monnie. I like your ribbon candy avatar.
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a difference! It was great before, but now? WOWEE!!! I looooovvvveee it!!! What a great and easy way to get a whole new ring!! Love it Lumpkin!!! Congrats and way to go on coming up with the idea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results