shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I had to re-rhodium my rings and I decided to go ahead and have them soldered together. While I was at it, I decided to have them put a sand blast finish on the white gold and leave the yellow gold highly polished. It turned out so well and really changed the look of the set. I think it makes my little diamond pop pop pop!

IMG_0200 copy.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very cool! Do you have a picture of the ring before, for comparison?

cheers--Sharon

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another shot. I think it makes the diamond look bigger than 80 points, even on my big hands.

ring207.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a before shot. I think it makes a huge difference.

IMG_0230.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Last shot. I just can''t get over the difference the finish makes. Way cool.

ring196.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lumpkin, it really does make a big difference. Your stone just pops so much more with the new finish.
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE difference Lumpkin! It really makes the diamond pop! Similar to the way Wallermama''s satin finish made her asscher look so much bigger. You guys are definitely on to something.
2.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
It DOES seem to make the diamond pop more! Very cool.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it does make a big difference, love it lumpkin!!!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
wow - it looks like a total reset! I love it! I didn''t realize they could do that!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, they look great and do pop! Whooo hooo!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a difference.
likeit.gif

Good to see you miss!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice!!!!
36.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies. I am really pleased! Treysar, it DOES look like a total reset. I've been lusting after this finish since I saw a picture of Molly's friend's ring and Wallermama's ring. It's so rich looking and it was such an inexpensive way to give it some oomph. I think now the diamond doesn't have to compete with the shine/glare off the setting. Honestly, I think it makes the setting look a lot more expensive than it did without the matt finish. For reference it cost 2 1/2 times more to rhodium the two rings than to put the finish on the e-ring. And I knew if I didn't like it they could just polish it off, so there was really no losing on the deal.

ETA: I think I was posting when you guys were!

Hey, Ellen, it's nice to see you, too.
35.gif

Maisy, I've been wondering how you are doing. I don't post much anymore, but I come and visit and lurk now and then and noticed you weren't posting much either. Hope your job is going well!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a great idea, and it does look completely different! Excellent choice.
36.gif

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the new finish on your ring and it looks awesome with the diamond band! Very pretty. Great idea!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that really does look fabulous!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Now that is a fresh look that will be a fun change!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The new finish does make the diamond the star :)

Love it :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that finish really makes your diamond look HUGE! It''s very cool with your setting, too.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I love the change! What a great idea. I agree that the diamond is now the only shiny thing and that makes it the center of attention. How fantastic!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I lurve it. I went to the store for the first time since I picked it up and the lights make it crazy sparkley. Boy do I love to go shopping!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzer! What a difference! It looks awesome!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I LOVE the new finish! So modern and it DOES make the diamond pop. It is hard for me to keep caught up these days! Thanks for the linky
9.gif
30.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori & SDL. I always loved the proportions of the ring and the shape and design of it more than any other solitaire for it. But the finish always bothered me a little. I kept thinking of Etienne Perre''s rings and some of the other finishes, so I thought I''d go for it. I''m real happy I did.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 10:17:24 PM
Author: lumpkin
Thanks Tacori & SDL. I always loved the proportions of the ring and the shape and design of it more than any other solitaire for it. But the finish always bothered me a little. I kept thinking of Etienne Perre's rings and some of the other finishes, so I thought I'd go for it. I'm real happy I did.
I love it; it looks so cool!!!! I bet you are loving it!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
What a great idea, Lumpkin! It looks fantastic.

I''m curious ... how did you know it would look good or what made you decide to try it out. You girls never fail to amaze me with your creativity and ability to envision the end product.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
PHOTOSHOP!!! I downloaded the trial version of CS3 and did a couple of the tutorials on the Adobe site. I found a picture of my ring to practice on and decided to blur just the part of the ring I wanted the matt finish on. It looks very similar to the way the ring and the finish ultimately ended up. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to try it otherwise, but I did know they could buff that finish off if I really didn't like it.

ETA: You are all making me fall in love with my ring even more.
1.gif
Thank you for all your kind compliments.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi lumpkin, your "new" set looks great! I love that you left the yellow gold polished...that really helps the center pop!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Crownjewel.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results