shape
carat
color
clarity

John Pollard''s Wedding to be a Multi National Affair!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
JP,

Looks like you''ve had a deserving and memorable send off to a significant next chapter in your life. Many thanks for the wonderful documentation. We all appreciate it...you''re so much a part of the world created here.

Warmest wishes to you and to Angela, as well.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Best wishes to John & Angela (hope she''s having a bachelorette party too!!)

36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS TO JOHN AND ANGELA!
Here''s to a lifetime of wedded bliss...

And thanks to our PS-photogs for capturing the event!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/10/2008 10:37:08 AM
Author: John Pollard
I can’t say enough about the friends we have come to know through my job and Pricescope.

For anyone who has not had the pleasure to meet or talk to Wink I hope you have the opportunity to do so, because what you see is what you get... Yes, he is as nice as he posts. Yes, he is as candid and honest as he seems. And yes, he places the feelings of others before his own. He also makes the ultimate grandpa. From offering fishing strategies to debating philosophy to making balloon creations for the kids at the rehearsal dinner he’s always on the spot with advice and entertainment. And always with a smile.

Thanks so much for coming to Tejas for the fiesta, compadre!
Wow! You bring a tear to this old man''s eyes.

Oh wait, I should not admit that in public.

Gotta tell you, it was worth every second and one of the best trips of my life!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/10/2008 10:56:41 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/10/2008 10:35:53 AM
Our musical, diamond and family melting pot at the rehearsal dinner had people from five states and three continents mixing & mingling there…Allison arrived the next day, or it would have been six states. Actually with over 300 beers on the list and our own private barmaid, I saw people in many various “states!”
Ooooh, do tell.
9.gif
2.gif

It looks like it was SUCH a good time John. Frankly, I don''t know what I got more excited about, that private bartender with 300 beers, or, the fishing. I LOVE to fish, but sadly lost my 17 acre fishing hole several years ago.
39.gif
I bet that catfish was fun getting in, and eating!!
18.gif
I was not there to see the catfish caught and brought in, but I was there when the "cremains" were served. Even the few crumbs that were left on the plate that were cold were HOT if you know what I mean. Our cook never met a spice he did not like, including the BBQ''d Jalapenos that were coated in cayenne. I suspect a LOT of diamonds could have been made from the carbon in that cat, it was already hot enough, just needed a little pressure!

Oh and about the beers. That young lady who was our bartender was incredible. She would talk to you about what you liked in a beer then bring you something to taste. (I think they have like 50 beers on tap, it might even be more, I just remember it being a ridiculously large number.)

She really knows her beers and she knows how to keep her clientelle happy. At one point John was thoughtful enough to encourage people to tip her well, but as you see in the shot taken much earlier her tip jar was well on its way to filling up when he said it. I only regret that I had somehow become the designated driver as well as the designated grandpa and could only taste a very small sip of some of her wonderful potions.

Wink

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 7:27:47 PM
Author: Wink

I was not there to see the catfish caught and brought in, but I was there when the ''cremains'' were served. Even the few crumbs that were left on the plate that were cold were HOT if you know what I mean. Our cook never met a spice he did not like, including the BBQ''d Jalapenos that were coated in cayenne. I suspect a LOT of diamonds could have been made from the carbon in that cat, it was already hot enough, just needed a little pressure!

Oh and about the beers. That young lady who was our bartender was incredible. She would talk to you about what you liked in a beer then bring you something to taste. (I think they have like 50 beers on tap, it might even be more, I just remember it being a ridiculously large number.)

She really knows her beers and she knows how to keep her clientelle happy. At one point John was thoughtful enough to encourage people to tip her well, but as you see in the shot taken much earlier her tip jar was well on its way to filling up when he said it. I only regret that I had somehow become the designated driver as well as the designated grandpa and could only taste a very small sip of some of her wonderful potions.

Wink
yikes2.gif
lol I think I''d have to pass on that! But I''d have loved to taste the fish. Sounds delish!

And there''s nothing better than a knowledgeable bartender, seriously. People think, how hard can it be? But to do it right, it takes a bit knowledge and the gift of gab.

I''m sorry you didn''t get to indulge more!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ay caramba. I’m already in dutch with the wife…

She looked at my replies and reminded me that proper nuptial thanks must go out to each and everyone. Therefore, I’d like to officially express personal gratitude to Linda, Skippy, Kaleigh, MovieZombie, Miranda, Angeline, Julie, Lorelei, Maise, Gwendolyn, Gemgirl, Fly Girl, Dee*Jay, Strm & Wifey2b, KimberlyH, Mercoledi, AmberGretchen, DreamGirl, Stephanie, Deelight, Catmom, Isaku, DF, Lauren, Canuk-Gal, DS, Diamond*Dana, Bebe, Anchor, Shay, Icekid, RG, Risingsun, Anita, Ellen, Rhino, DG, Onedrop, AGBF, Perry, MGR, Surfgirl, SanDiegoLady, Lynn, Coatimundi, Didiamond, Beth, Thing2of2, MrsSalvo, MadamBijoux, KTIceRN, Scarleta, tberube, Indira, Curlygirl, Sugar, Harriet, IWanna, NewEnglandLady, Dendon, ChargerGrrl, all those who wrote us privately (you will get a private note back as well) and of course Andrey & Pricescope.

Also, I’m wrong. She is right. And she looks beautiful in that dress. (How’m I doing?)

A few additional comments from Angela:

Allison - You are so talented. Thank you so much.
Shay – We’re both going back to Lake Bridgeport next month, for him to fish and me to get some sun.
Icekid – You’re absolutely right! Can you suggest some good jedi mind tricks to use on him for more bling?
Maise – John is in love with your accent. Will you teach me how to do it?
iwannaprettyone – We’d love to have had you crash in on us. We’re at the Flying Saucer regularly.
dendon – Yes there was a bachelorette party…but somehow there were no photos…ask Lieve about it
12.gif

Wink – Aww, did those mean boys use too many hot jalapenos for your tender Idaho tummy? Come here and I’ll give you a big hug, honey.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Now, for those who have demanded them,
2.gif
ring photos.

Brian Gavin, one of the best photographers I know, was kind enough to create professional photos for us as a wedding gift. I can’t thank him enough for this, and for his continued friendship, support and advice.

By request...both rings together:

rings-together-bg.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Angela''s

angela-december-2006.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
John''s

john-ring-fb-bg.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
...and the required hand shot.
1.gif

DSC_0578s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here are some final photos to share… A better view of Angela’s dress.

DSC_2205s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of the most telling photos, on the way to the reception... YES! IT’S DONE!

2769s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honeymoon Swans in the room. We found different towel-critters each day.

2826s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Self-explanatory.

2929ss.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade

2890s.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, nice and relaxing; awesome to all the beers choices!!!hehe Beautiful pics of the beautiful couple, love the rings and the details!!! Where was the honeymoon?
31.gif

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Friendly staff

3151s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bar on the beach
9.gif
10.gif
emthup.gif

2993s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great food at the resort. A variety of buffets available all-hours as well as reserved seating at several themed restaurants. For any who have not tried all-inclusive, we fancy it quite a lot.

3015s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
On the town, with fellow honeymooners.

3114s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cheers!

3089s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And finally…Mea culpa…

How often have I rolled my eyes at Angela “playing” with the sparkles on her ring on the plane? Now I am guilty too!
2.gif

2824s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/11/2008 12:58:51 PM
Author: Skippy123

Ahhh, nice and relaxing; awesome to all the beers choices!!!hehe Beautiful pics of the beautiful couple, love the rings and the details!!! Where was the honeymoon?
31.gif
Hey, we''re all pretty serious when it comes to diamonds and beer, aren''t we Skippy?
17.gif

Our ''moon was spent at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen (I think part of me is still there).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 1:15:34 PM

Date: 7/11/2008 12:58:51 PM
Author: Skippy123

31.gif
Hey, we're all pretty serious when it comes to diamonds and beer, aren't we Skippy?
17.gif

Our 'moon was spent at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen (I think part of me is still there).
9.gif
Of coures!! hehe

Wow, your honeymoon location is to die for, gorgeous waters and it looked so relaxing, ahhhhhhhh, sigh.
3.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
John,
That is one of the most tasteful and down right cool gents wedding ring ive ever seen.Thanks for the pictures.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the pics Sir John, the honemoon resort looks magical...
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Great pics, ideed, Sir John, thank you! We have been to that resort in Playa, and it is wonderful!

And yes, we fancy all-inclusives, too. In fact, hmmmm... must discuss with hubby as methinks it''s about time to plan another one!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:47:38 PM
...and the required hand shot.
1.gif
bling bling!!!!
congrates!!!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:50:43 PM
Here are some final photos to share… A better view of Angela’s dress.
wow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results