shape
carat
color
clarity

John Pollard''s Wedding to be a Multi National Affair!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all for such extremely flattering feedback; I really enjoy photography, especially for happy events such as this, and it''s so nice to hear such wonderful comments. Thanks again for making my day.

I''ll also comment that Wink is himself *quite* the dancer; I was fortunate enough to get a few dances on his dance card and enjoyed it thoroughly.
30.gif

We had a great conversation over breakfast with Garry about potential directions in the industry and it was indeed thought-provoking. I felt honored to have the chance to sit with them this way.

John and Angela, ever the thoughtful hosts, were also kind enough to come back and meet us for lunch the following day before we all departed for our respective geographic homes.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--beautiful pictures--thanks for taking them folks! (and thansk for the happy in allwoing them to be shared....)

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the picture of the stone in your avatar - is this some of your photography as well? Can you tell us about the stone?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pictures are absolutely wonderful; they really give me a feeling for the nature of the wedding. Being able to see John''s mother singing the, "Ave Maria" adds an entire new dimension to hearing that she sang it! In fact seeing John''s parents after so many years of hearing about them is quite amazing, and because of the careful photography (thanks, Al) I even got to see them dancing!

Angela and John, you looked wonderful...and I love the red you coordinated. I also loved the way Al left the red in the black and white photos. She is, indeed, quite an artist. It was a splendid wedding, but I am sure that it was so mainly because of the love between the two of you that just shone forth.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Deborah
34.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to John and Angela. Thank you so much for sharing your day with us.

Alj, thanks for making their day real to us through your amazing pics.

Wink, yours are also appreciated.

shay

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been out of town and really loved coming back today and seeing these pictures!

Alj, you should be a wedding photographer in your spare time! Seriously, your pictures are as good as the professional ones I''ve seen!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS JOHN & ANGELA!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Allison, those photos were fantastic! A few (the ones of John and Angela holding hands and when he''s kissing her in the limo at the end of the night) even made me tear up a little! You really captured the emotion of the moments. Thank you so much for sharing. It looks like it was an amazing night for all.
1.gif

Congratulations again, John and Angela Pollard!!!!!!!
36.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/3/2008 10:42:27 AM
Author: Allison D.
Thanks to all for such extremely flattering feedback; I really enjoy photography, especially for happy events such as this, and it''s so nice to hear such wonderful comments. Thanks again for making my day.

I''ll also comment that Wink is himself *quite* the dancer; I was fortunate enough to get a few dances on his dance card and enjoyed it thoroughly.
30.gif

We had a great conversation over breakfast with Garry about potential directions in the industry and it was indeed thought-provoking. I felt honored to have the chance to sit with them this way.

John and Angela, ever the thoughtful hosts, were also kind enough to come back and meet us for lunch the following day before we all departed for our respective geographic homes.
1.gif
It was really nice to finally meet up with you too Al

And thanks for the wonderful photo''s, you are talented with a camera!!!!!!!!

Sorry for boring you with all my dreams of how we can ensure more rough diamonds are turned into super sparkly rocks. But a man needs an obsession or 2.

Speaking of which, got a call from Sir John and our gift that arrived a few days late was not stolen from the door step. I expect we should have the whit Knight himself here within an hour or 3. unless he has already got stuck into their gift (another of my obsessions) in which case he may need a bit more slumber time

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow.
9.gif

I heard a thread was afoot but this is...overwhelming. Thank you, everyone. I''ve spent today catching up on work and it will be a pleasure over the next few days to catch up here. If I don''t make immediate reply please know it''s because I want to be as thoughtful in responding as everyone has been in contributing. I also want to share this link with Mrs. Pollard this evening.

As you may have surmised, our "Multi National" melting pot of family & dear friends was the perfect temperature. Angela and I can''t begin to express enough gratitude for the way everyone worked to make the time before, during and after our celebration unique, special and memorable.

I''ll share more later. For now I wanted to post this photo from the final night of our honeymoon. We spent it on the town where we raised our glasses and toasted everyone special to us. Cheers and thanks to you all!

on the town pdc.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
John,
I''m late to this, but congratulations to you and Angela!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
John, what a darling picture of you and Angela. You two look adorable. We loved seeing your wedding photos.

Welcome Home!!!

Linda

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 9:34:54 PM
Ok, finally back for the rest of the pictures.
1.gif

The reception venue was in this tower in downtown Fort Worth........
I had no idea...I would''ve crashed...lol
35.gif
Congrats John and Angela!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Congrats again, Mr. and Mrs. Pollard!! Love the picture from your honeymoon; you two look absolutely fabulous together. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your celebration!
9.gif

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I apologize for the delay in posting. I’ve been trying to reset my clock back to “reality standard time” this week and it has been difficult. I think I’m back now (?)
37.gif

I was able to sit with Angela and read every one of these posts with her last night. She sends heartfelt thanks and is overwhelmed by the PS community – I think she understands even better why I value this place so much. To everyone who posted and lurked, we sincerely appreciate the well-wishes. I hope some of the joy we felt spilled out into your homes last week.

It was terrific to have so many people we love present, and so many meeting for the first time. My mother and father both have professional music backgrounds and it was a treat for my “diamond world” people to hear mom sing in-person. Other friends and colleagues from my music background are sort of “used to her”
2.gif
and she was delighted and flattered to have new acquaintances being so complimentary about her talent. I can’t say enough about my folks. They’ve always been there for me. They were supportive even when I announced that the musical path I would follow was to become a drummer (gasp!). Many professional singers would gnash their teeth and tear their hair at such an outrage. My folks held their heads high in the face of my drumming dishonor, such a shameful decision by their #1 son
11.gif
. It worked out just fine, though. They remained interested and supportive years later when I made the transition to diamond guy (although mom drew the line when I started explaining inverse crown & pavilion angles).

It’s also nice that Angela has known my parents since she was 16 - they introduced us way back in another life - so we share them in name as well as spirit now. We dedicated the wedding service to the memory of Angela’s mother, who passed last year.

Here is the wedding party. Angela’s sister is the matron of honor. My brother is the best man. The ring-bearer and junior bridesmaids are my nephew and nieces. Angela’s father is off the radar so her best friend Dan (standing with the bridesmaids) gave her away.

Dan managed to parley that “brideside” alignment into joining the bachelorette party for their big night instead of going out with the fellas. He’s crazy like a fox, he is.

10-2758s2.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As Wink reported, the bachelor party was too cool. We spent the day at Lake Bridgeport fishing, barbequing, eating and playing poker. Every time I turned around it was something new on the radar that we could enjoy. The guys rented a cabin that slept 16 people and a pontoon boat where we could go out eight at a time, casting for bass, crappie and catfish.

2-2591s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We even snuck nine on the boat that afternoon. We were made bold because we had Jan with us - and he’s the law!

2-2572s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My friend Glenn caught a 25-inch catfish which was later spiced and blackened by Mark, the Texas barbeque jedi, and served as an appetizer for all.

3-2534s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As those reporting mentioned, the rehearsal dinner was a lot of fun. We held it upstairs at our favorite pub in downtown Fort Worth. Everyone said we seemed awfully relaxed for the night before the big event. I don’t know if it was grace under pressure or fatigue!

1-2659s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Our musical, diamond and family melting pot at the rehearsal dinner had people from five states and three continents mixing & mingling there…Allison arrived the next day, or it would have been six states. Actually with over 300 beers on the list and our own private barmaid, I saw people in many various “states!”

2656s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can’t say enough about the friends we have come to know through my job and Pricescope.

For anyone who has not had the pleasure to meet or talk to Wink I hope you have the opportunity to do so, because what you see is what you get... Yes, he is as nice as he posts. Yes, he is as candid and honest as he seems. And yes, he places the feelings of others before his own. He also makes the ultimate grandpa. From offering fishing strategies to debating philosophy to making balloon creations for the kids at the rehearsal dinner he’s always on the spot with advice and entertainment. And always with a smile.

Thanks so much for coming to Tejas for the fiesta, compadre!

4-2683s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry & Drena are top shelf in every situation. They are a classy couple, well-traveled, well-mannered and engaging to visit with on any subject. Angela and I loved their company and so appreciate the effort they made to be here on our behalf. Our friends and family were charmed by their easygoing ways and impressed with their worldly knowledge. They left their mark here by presenting the new Pollard couple with a healthy collection of Australian wines.
3.gif
We have so far had a leisurely Sauvignon Blanc and a beautiful, incredibly light Chardonnay. Many more to go, and if people down under feel their ears burning in the early morning hours it’s because we’re toasting them in our evenings!

5-2671s.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lieve and Jan fit right in here (relax, Lieve, I am not saying you’re like the people here, just that they adored you!). The ladies love her no-nonsense approach and advice at the bachelorette party (I still can’t get Angela to tell me what it was!) and my mom would like to adopt her. She is so sensible. In fact, if I was left alone in the wilderness and given only two tools to help me survive I think I might pick a compass and Lieve.

At the bachelor party we got into deep, meaningful cross-cultural discussions with Jan. The subjects were well off the beaten path, which was refreshing. Several of the guys commented to me that he rivals the Dos Equis guy as the most interesting man in the world… I’m not just saying this stuff because Lieve is my boss…but it can’t hurt, right?

* Wink or Garry, if you have a photo of Lieve & Jan at the rehearsal dinner send it to me. I had to dig into my Antwerpen files for this one.
2.gif

jan-lieve-antwerpen.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Discuss?

jan-dos-equis.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would be remiss if I didn’t extend sincere thanks to Paul, who would like to have attended, but with Lieve and John both away from work someone had to run Infinity!

Thank you my friend.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/3/2008 10:42:27 AM

1.gif
Are you kidding? We came about a 1/2 mile. Our guests were intercontinental.

Allison, your presence added great energy and enthusiasm to the reception (I’m crossing my fingers and hoping the wedding photographer captured you and Wink dancing!). My memory of the wedding photographer is that he was great but I have to think he stepped up his game to compete with the great shots Allison was getting. It’s so nice to see some of those wedding & reception photos. Allison is professional and detailed in everything that she does. Her passion and artistry come alive whether she is shooting stills of peoples’ rings or human events like this. Angela sees her as a role model of efficiency… I think that spells trouble for me.
6.gif

Thanks for everything Allison. You’re the best.
9.gif

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a few more thoughts and shots (yes, ladies, I have a requested ring shot or two)
2.gif
but work is calling. Apologies again for the delay and - again - thanks to everyone. More later.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 10:35:53 AM
Author: John Pollard
Our musical, diamond and family melting pot at the rehearsal dinner had people from five states and three continents mixing & mingling there…Allison arrived the next day, or it would have been six states. Actually with over 300 beers on the list and our own private barmaid, I saw people in many various “states!”
Ooooh, do tell.
9.gif
2.gif

It looks like it was SUCH a good time John. Frankly, I don't know what I got more excited about, that private bartender with 300 beers, or, the fishing. I LOVE to fish, but sadly lost my 17 acre fishing hole several years ago.
39.gif
I bet that catfish was fun getting in, and eating!!
18.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I honestly got teary-eyed looking at your wedding photos, John. Everything was so beautiful, I''m really happy for you. And Allison is the queen of photography, she''s so good! Congrats to you and Mrs. Pollard!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"He’s crazy like a fox, he is."

Yikes that takes me back....
emdgust.gif

Those are fantastic pics Sir John!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results