shape
carat
color
clarity

John McCain''s Rage - Not Presidential!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Purrfectpear, I''m laughing hysterically at your "maverick" comment! I''m hoping you didn''t watch the VP debate, I think it was said about 20 times in less than 5 minutes by both Palin and Biden. That would be ROUGH on your digestive system.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh yes ... someone has finally crystallized the "McCain is a Misogynist" hunch I've always had. Here is the article.

It begins:

Can you imagine that a modern democracy might sink so low as to nominate for its highest office a man who jokes about apes raping women? Who publicly mocks the teenage daughter of a rival about her appearance? Who calls his spouse a "c*nt"?

Welcome to John McCain's America, circa 2008.

If there's one character issue that's gone entirely uncovered by our otherwise scandal-starved media, it's the long and distressing record of misogyny displayed by the candidate who earned the nickname McNasty in high school.

and continues

And just a few weeks ago, he responded to a question he considered prosecutorial from the Las Vegas Sun with this old chestnut: "And I stopped beating my wife just a couple of weeks ago." Ha-ha-ha.

But the most sexist stunt McCain has pulled in his entire career is to choose Sarah Palin as his running mate. Again, a little thought experiment. Would McCain have chosen Palin if she weren't a former beauty queen? If she looked like, say, Janet Reno?

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 8:11:51 PM
Author: decodelightedb>Would McCain have chosen Palin if she weren't a former beauty queen? If she looked like, say, Janet Reno? [/i][/b]

I'll take that one step further, would McCain have chosen Palin if she was a man?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 8:21:10 PM
Author: goobear78
Author: decodelightedb>Would McCain have chosen Palin if she weren''t a former beauty queen? If she looked like, say, Janet Reno? [/i][/b]
I''ll take that one step further, would McCain have chosen Palin if she was a man?
That wouldn''t have been "mavericky" enough
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 8:35:30 PM
Author: decodelighted

Author: decodelightedb>Would McCain have chosen Palin if she weren''t a former beauty queen? If she looked like, say, Janet Reno? [/i][/b]

I''ll take that one step further, would McCain have chosen Palin if she was a man?

That wouldn''t have been ''mavericky'' enough
1.gif

Hahaha-''mavericky''-I''m going to start working that into my conversations!

And no, McCain would never have chosen Palin if she were a man. He chose her because he desperately needed to bring attention to his campaign, and it worked for a while. (She''s a lady! She''s pretty! Hockey mom! She had her Down Syndrome Baby! What a heroic working mom!) However, Palin''s inexperience has done nothing but hurt the campaign once her novelty wore off.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock

Author: decodelightedb>Would McCain have chosen Palin if she weren't a former beauty queen? If she looked like, say, Janet Reno? [/i][/b]

I'll take that one step further, would McCain have chosen Palin if she was a man?
These types of questions can be asked of ANY running mate in the history of presidential elections. All presidential candidates choose their running mates to fill gaps and alleviate fears in their voting base. Would Obama have chosen Biden is he weren't versed in foreign policy? No. One of Obama's biggest criticisms was lack of foreign policy experience...Biden alleviates those fears. These questions can be asked for EVERY running mate ever chosen. The bottom line is that candidates must make their choices based on what they and their advisors believe will help them win. Palin doesn't have a lot of experience but McCain does. Biden isn't a great speaker but Obama is. If it comes back to bite McCain in the @$$, well that's just the gamble he took. As far as looks go...I think we ALL know that looks ALWAYS matter, regardless of who you're talking about...

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 6:29:11 PM
Author: IndyGirl22

These types of questions can be asked of ANY running mate in the history of presidential elections. All presidential candidates choose their running mates to fill gaps and alleviate fears in their voting base. Would Obama have chosen Biden is he weren''t versed in foreign policy? No. One of Obama''s biggest criticisms was lack of foreign policy experience...Biden alleviates those fears. These questions can be asked for EVERY running mate ever chosen. The bottom line is that candidates must make their choices based on what they and their advisors believe will help them win. Palin doesn''t have a lot of experience but McCain does. Biden isn''t a great speaker but Obama is. If it comes back to bite McCain in the @$$, well that''s just the gamble he took. As far as looks go...I think we ALL know that looks ALWAYS matter, regardless of who you''re talking about...

foreign policy experience = relevant to political leadership
gender = not relevant at all

having a woman running with him doesn''t make him a better or more well rounded candidate. having someone who fills in your gaps does (unless you consider not having a babymaker a political "gap" to fill).

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 7:54:40 PM
Author: mimzy
Date: 10/15/2008 6:29:11 PM

These types of questions can be asked of ANY running mate in the history of presidential elections. All presidential candidates choose their running mates to fill gaps and alleviate fears in their voting base. Would Obama have chosen Biden is he weren''t versed in foreign policy? No. One of Obama''s biggest criticisms was lack of foreign policy experience...Biden alleviates those fears. These questions can be asked for EVERY running mate ever chosen. The bottom line is that candidates must make their choices based on what they and their advisors believe will help them win. Palin doesn''t have a lot of experience but McCain does. Biden isn''t a great speaker but Obama is. If it comes back to bite McCain in the @$$, well that''s just the gamble he took. As far as looks go...I think we ALL know that looks ALWAYS matter, regardless of who you''re talking about...

having a woman running with him doesn''t make him a better or more well rounded candidate. having someone who fills in your gaps does (unless you consider not having a babymaker a political ''gap'' to fill).

Thanks, I was hoping someone else was going to point that out.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 8:20:38 PM
Author: Galateia

having a woman running with him doesn't make him a better or more well rounded candidate. having someone who fills in your gaps does (unless you consider not having a babymaker a political 'gap' to fill).

And NOWHERE in MY post did I say that she was picked solely for her GENDER. Thanks for the assumption though!
20.gif

ETA: I think she was picked for a VARIETY of reasons...probably the same reasons that Obama supporters hate her. Coincidence? Not at all.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:31:55 PM

having a woman running with him doesn''t make him a better or more well rounded candidate. having someone who fills in your gaps does (unless you consider not having a babymaker a political ''gap'' to fill).

And NOWHERE in MY post did I say that she was picked solely for her GENDER. Thanks for the assumption though!
20.gif

ETA: I think she was picked for a VARIETY of reasons...probably the same reasons that Obama supporters hate her. Coincidence? Not at all.

I didn''t see the post being anything but a clarification of gender and political experience not being interchangeable. I didn''t see anything assuming something about you, just a reflection on the candidates
33.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:57:29 PM

20.gif

I didn''t see the post being anything but a clarification of gender and political experience not being interchangeable. I didn''t see anything assuming something about you, just a reflection on the candidates
33.gif
Okay, if that was the true intention behind the post then color me corrected. However, I was quoted and since gender was not specifically mentioned anywhere in my post I didn''t understand why.
33.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:57:29 PM

20.gif

33.gif

thanks galateia.

yeah indy....your post equated asking the question "would he have picked her if she was a man" with "would he have picked him if he didn''t have so much foreign policy experience". i wasn''t making any assumptions.....i was responding DIRECTLY to what you SAID
20.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 10:08:05 PM

thanks galateia.

yeah indy....your post equated asking the question 'would he have picked her if she was a man' with 'would he have picked him if he didn't have so much foreign policy experience'. i wasn't making any assumptions.....i was responding DIRECTLY to what you SAID
20.gif
Actually the point of my post was that these types of questions can be asked of ANY candidate for a VARIETY of characteristics so they are pretty trivial IMHO. Guess I didn't make that clear...sorry for the confusion.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 10:11:46 PM

thanks galateia.

yeah indy....your post equated asking the question ''would he have picked her if she was a man'' with ''would he have picked him if he didn''t have so much foreign policy experience''. i wasn''t making any assumptions.....i was responding DIRECTLY to what you SAID
20.gif
Actually the point of my post was that these types of questions can be asked of ANY candidate for a VARIETY of characteristics so they are pretty trivial IMHO. Guess I didn''t make that clear...sorry for the confusion.

consider the rolly-eyed faces canceled out
3.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 10:15:21 PM

Date: 10/15/2008 10:11:46 PM

thanks galateia.

yeah indy....your post equated asking the question ''would he have picked her if she was a man'' with ''would he have picked him if he didn''t have so much foreign policy experience''. i wasn''t making any assumptions.....i was responding DIRECTLY to what you SAID
20.gif
Actually the point of my post was that these types of questions can be asked of ANY candidate for a VARIETY of characteristics so they are pretty trivial IMHO. Guess I didn''t make that clear...sorry for the confusion.

consider the rolly-eyed faces canceled out
3.gif
No problem - it''s very hard at times to translate my main points into typeface. I understand the miscommunication entirely, though. I should''ve quoted a different post or just not quoted at all to be safe!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results