shape
carat
color
clarity

JKT pendant sketches- opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Hi all- What do you think of this sketch for a pendant- the stones are amethyst, pink tourm, and sunstone. I was thinking of asking for less silver around the ammy and bezel it in rose gold. I am a bit terrible with anything ''creative'' so I wanted to ask you opinions on the design. Is there anything you would do differently?

jktpen.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Mousey, that design looks great! I agree with you that I would probably have less silver around the amethyst. As far as rose gold goes, I would have the same color gold used for all the bezels, rather than having some in yellow or some in pink. I think rose gold would probably go for the top two stones, but not the bottom, but having seen the stones you would probably be better at making that call. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Can you post photos of the stones in question? If sunstone is really yellowish orange like the sketch suggests, I''d either make that part of the pendant distinctive i.e. have the sunstone in yellow gold, or try to make it more blend with the other colors by setting it in rose gold while keeping the other two in silver. I agree that there''s probably a bit too much metal around the amethyst (compared to the other stones).

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic of the stones. The sunstone is a weird little fellow- he is quite not very saturated away from the the light, but when a light source hits him he glows like mad and is very yellow. How about having them all bezeled in 18k yellow gold?
Thanks for your replies Austen and Ma Re.

jktstones.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mixing the bezel metals might be a little odd. All 3 stones will go with y/gold so I''d stick with that. I agree that you need to cut down on the silverwork around the top stone otherwise it becomes too top heavy. Otherwise, it''s lovely and going to be very striking indeed.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2009 11:37:11 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Mixing the bezel metals might be a little odd. All 3 stones will go with y/gold so I'd stick with that. I agree that you need to cut down on the silverwork around the top stone otherwise it becomes too top heavy. Otherwise, it's lovely and going to be very striking indeed.
ditto..
Love the pendant sketch but since you have three different stone color already, I'd stick to one metal choice - it just sounds a bit too much going on.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Forget what I said, the sketch made it seem like sunstone is quite a different shade than it really is. All three in YG sounds great. I thought that sunstone is more yellow and much lighter, and that the other two are much closer in color than they really are (forgot I saw them all before, I guess it''s tough to keep track of all the stones of all the PS''ers...
9.gif
).

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2009 11:45:45 AM
Author: D&T

Date: 11/8/2009 11:37:11 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Mixing the bezel metals might be a little odd. All 3 stones will go with y/gold so I''d stick with that. I agree that you need to cut down on the silverwork around the top stone otherwise it becomes too top heavy. Otherwise, it''s lovely and going to be very striking indeed.
ditto..
Love the pendant sketch but since you have three different stone color already, I''d stick to one metal choice - it just sounds a bit too much going on.
Ditto again! I think it''ll look lovely with one metal choice!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. You are the best!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think the stones are pretty and the design is very nice.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
After refreshing my mind w/the picture of the actual stones again, I like the idea of yellow gold bezels! The design is very pretty!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d do a single metal colour too to keep the whole pendant looking like a single package. I''m not sure if the top stone design might be too busy; perhaps a semi-fancy bezel in keeping with the other 2 bezeled stones?

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Hi all again. Julia just sent me some new sketches to choose from, which I like way better than the first. I told her that I love James Meyer''s work, and so she came up with these as possibilities. I think the middle sketch is my fav. What do you think?
Sorry if I am getting on your nerves with my indecision and multiple questions!

newjktpen.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, Mousey, those new sketches are great. I like the detailing. I think I'm with you, that the second is the best. I definitely like the way the cushion is oriented in the 2nd and 3rd sketches.

ETA: I think I like the way the 2nd one has the oval and the round "framing" the ammy...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second design best too; especially seeing as how the colour flows better (per your hand shot of all the stones lined up), not to mention the unique setting of the stone angled.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the 3rd sketch - as I"m a fan of the kite position
30.gif
and I like how aesthetically pleasing it is from the largest top down.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the middle one best

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I really like these sketches..... And I think the middle is def the on I will go for! Thanks for all the input.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to seeing the result-will be lovely for sure!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Not crazy about the left one, other two are both very nice.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the one to the right the most.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I like all three od those sktches but I think the one on the far right is my favorite! That''s going to be a great looking pendant. This makes me excited because I have three stones that I am going to have Julia set in a pendant for me too.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The middle one (whilst I love the design), I''m hesitating about because of the colours. When you originally posted the stones I thought about different combinations. I love the one on the right because I like the way it graduates in size downwards and also the orientation of the gemstones. You must pick the one you love though.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Oh, thats fab news Cind! She made these drawings after I said that I really like James Meyer''s work. You have a JM ring, right? Thanks everyone for being so kind. I think I will still go for the middle, but I may try and integrate some of the elements of the one on the right too (like the leave detail).... I am so excited about this now!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 2:33:49 PM
Author: mousey
Oh, thats fab news Cind! She made these drawings after I said that I really like James Meyer''s work. You have a JM ring, right? Thanks everyone for being so kind. I think I will still go for the middle, but I may try and integrate some of the elements of the one on the right too (like the leave detail).... I am so excited about this now!
Yep, I do have a JM ring. Does Julia already have your stones? Will your pendant be finished in December? I can''t wait to see the final result!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the middle - especially since it mimics your hand pic! I think it will be beautiful!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the middle one. Can''t wait to see it!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Yes Julia has the stones, and she says it ll be finished by mid Dec. I CAN T WAIT to see it. I so much prefer this sketch to the first one she sent. What stones will you be sending Cind?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 4:25:23 PM
Author: mousey
Yes Julia has the stones, and she says it ll be finished by mid Dec. I CAN T WAIT to see it. I so much prefer this sketch to the first one she sent. What stones will you be sending Cind?

I have a tsavorite, a yellow grossularite garnet and a tanzanite. I am supposed to getting a slot in her "design window" at the very end of December.

Sounds like you have a great reason to get excited about the month of December!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Hi
Just thought I d give an update on this project- you were all so helpful!
This is the very nearly finished photo Julia sent me this morning. I really like it, and can''t wait to see it. I am so happy I found pricescope, and Julia. But after this project I have to take a sabbatical from jewelery- at least until after I graduate and actually get a job!

secondarythumb.aspx.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results