shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelers worst nightmare or favorite customer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2007 3:10:53 PM
Author: hearts-arrows_girl
Sipper, that''s exactly what happened. I went out uninformed. Plus, I was sooo excited, that I only would look at what was in the store. This time I am having them call in different stones from their other stores. I have even called around myself, just in case they might have missed a good stone, or not wanted to look that thoroughly. I have been lurking on PS for about 8 months now, and the posts have helped immensely. I appreciate your words. They are kind and correct.
I am glad you didn''t take offense to any of my posts, Junebug. I was only trying to be helpful (and sympathetic since I''ve "been there, done that"). I hope you are as lucky as I was and finally find the diamond of your dreams. :)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I see you posted about an Ideal Scope...I think buying one is a terrific idea and when you see something you "think" you love, get ALL the info including photos and IS pix, and post them on the Rocky Talk thread if you want people to help you out. Good luck. I''m looking forward to seeing what you end up with...

Maise, no worries. Sometimes we all take posts in a way they were not intended.
28.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hearts&arrows, love that screen name, btw, when I was 18 or 19 I worked at a "maul" store in their fine jewelry dept. for about a year...I was fortunate enough to work with a very nice lady who''d been there for about 20 years. She had a client who''d come to her every single year for maybe 10-12 years to upgrade her diamond. I can''t remember what size stone she''d started out with, but when I was there she''d just accomplished one carat status! To my co-worker, it meant having a client who was long lasting, ALWAYS could be counted on for a great sale (equaling another commision), and she was very easy to work with because she let my co-worker share her knowledge with her and they worked together with her budget. It''s one of those great jewelry stories I know of, even before my time on PS it still resonates in my mind as one of those dream come true deals. If your FI isn''t opposed to your upgrading so frequently in the past year, I don''t see how it can be a problem to anyone involved. I''m glad you found PS and are learning about diamonds and what you ultimately want so you can make really informed decisions. And heck, when you decide you want three carats instead, we''ll all be here, too! LOL!

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2007 10:05:42 PM
Author: surfgirl
I see you posted about an Ideal Scope...I think buying one is a terrific idea and when you see something you ''think'' you love, get ALL the info including photos and IS pix, and post them on the Rocky Talk thread if you want people to help you out. Good luck. I''m looking forward to seeing what you end up with...

Maise, no worries. Sometimes we all take posts in a way they were not intended.
28.gif
Me, too! I will be checking back frequently, and looking forward, right along with surfgirl (and others, I''m sure), to seeing what you end up with! I hope you will post lots and lots of pictures when you finally decide on a diamond!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Surfgirl and Sipper, I found "the ExpertScope" here on priceline, but didn''t find the exact Ideal scope, are those the same? It came with a light and CZ and scope for $95. I will get that one if that''s the same. I couldn''t find the exact looking Holloway scope.
Should I start a new Post when I am putting up the numbers on the stones I will be seeing? I am going in these week. I''m gonna have them Xerox off the Certs for each for me to take home, so I can post the numbers. They don''t so Ideal Scope photos, or any photos. I see 4 or 5 stones, then I get rid of the ones I don''t like and keep the maybes and have them get a couple more in until I see something I love. The store said they have a dollar limit on how much merchandise they can get in at one time, but they are glad to keep trading pieces with other stores until I find one I like. I gave them alot of particulars, so they are searching hard for me. I called around myself too.
What is a Sarin Report? I see it mentioned alot, but don''t know how it''s done. This place is not very sophisticated for that stuff. I am assuming that''s because they sell to alot of people who don''t really care about diamond quality, so they can probably get anyone a ring within their budget, mostly because most people can''t tell a good diamond from a bad one because they don''t know what to look for. Most diamonds I see girls wearing, especially ones 1c and over, look horrible. I remember people would stare at my 1.23 excellent cut, because most had never seen one sparkle that much. If the stores started whipping out sophisticated ways to tell crap from good, they probably wouldn''t be able to unload the crappy ones. No store wants to give customers proof that they are buying junk.

Monarch, thanks for the nice post.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Post these questions on the Rocky Talk thread and you''ll get more responses...That''s where the "looking/buying" discussions are going on!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2007 1:05:13 PM
Author: hearts-arrows_girl
We''ve been together for 13 1/2 years and I''ve know him for 25.
I wish you the best of luck finding the perfect ring. And I wanted to say hello to someone who has been with their BF almost as long as I have....almost 15 years!!! I figure my BF and I are too used to each other to start over so we''re stuck....LOL!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results