shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewel Jet Owners: How do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Ooh found refurbished Jewel Jets on ebay for only $59.95. It comes from the manufacturer so it still has the warranty and everything :) I just might get this!!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my new jewel jet, and yes, the steam is nice and powerful. I use tweezers with the little tension lever that locks them shut so that I know the ring won''t fly off. These tweezers are easier for me because the ones that you have to manually keep squeezing to keep shut made were a pain, but these stay nice and tight around my ring. I was sooo surprised at what a nice shot of DRY steam I get. I had the Salton Jewelry Spa for the last year til I shorted it out accidently while changing the water in the cleaning tank. It gave a long, not very strong, wet steam that worked pretty good, but this dry strong steam is GREAT! My ring looked as clean as it does when I have it done professionally. (I precleaned it with the Jewelry Spa solution mixed in HOT water first and the steam was the finishing touch). Here is a picture of my tweezers next to my Jewel Jet.

Jewel Jet-12.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wanted to know where the excess water goes. Do you put a saucer or something in front of it? And does the basket accumulate all of the junk that''s blasted out of the nooks and crannies?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/3/2008 10:30:31 AM
Author: gemgirl
I always wanted to know where the excess water goes. Do you put a saucer or something in front of it? And does the basket accumulate all of the junk that''s blasted out of the nooks and crannies?

Hi gemgirl, I just put a towel on the counter under the basket. I have not noticed any build-up in the basket, but now I have to go check
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I also love my Jewel Jet, but I''m the only jewelry freak that I know so I was getting some very strange looks & comments from people who noticed it in my kitchen. One of my aunts asked me what it was, and when I told her it was a jewelry cleaner, she thought I was joking. No, seriously. After that last incident, I moved it upstairs to my bathroom, because I guess it felt pretty embarassing that people thought it was silly of me to obsess over the cleanliness of my jewelry, but they''re not PSers so they''ll never understand (sigh)

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hearts-arrows_girl, SO glad you got the Jewel Jet! Isn't it AWESOME???

gemgirl... You're supposed to put it at the edge of your counter. LOL. So theoretically, there shouldn't be any excess water pooling around on a surface. But there are always a few droplets after lots of vigorous blasting with steam. Heehee. And it collects on the floor. I just wipe it up with a paper towel. The junk... hmmm, hahaha. As for the junk, I think PSers' rings are so darn clean, there isn't any gunk! We don't let it build up! So I think we're just blasting off the dust and maybe lotion accumulated over a period of hours. Or if there is gunk, it's too small to see!
41.gif

shimmer - what a GREAT idea! Now you have me wanting to check my basket.

verspergirl, that story is TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously I am pathetic. I just went on Ebay and bought one!! Now I have to pay a s**** load of money to get it to Australia but I NEED THIS.
Thanks Bliss
9.gif
Question can I use it on my pave?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My cleaning lady thinks it is hilarious that I don''t cook and don''t have any appliances on my kitchen counter, but my Jewel Jet has its home right there by the empty canisters.

I''m really good at holding on to my rings while using the Jewel Jet, but I stink at cleaning my pendant! I just can''t get a good grip on it. That little sucker flies off the tweezers - I gave up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results