shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Pink Asscher Spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have it just yet. I am also waiting for Jeff to cut my garnet!

I don''t own a spinel yet and I wanted one and I wanted an asscher too!!

Jeff says I got pick of the parcel! This little cutey weighs in at 2.18ct and 7.1mm

What should I do with it???

Would it be totally ridiculous to have it as a pinky ring, next to my engagement ring. Will it outshine/overshadow my ering? I want to do a 5 stone ring like the Leon Mege one that someone just bought off Jewels by Erica grace, but not sure on the cost.

I tell you what though, if I get the job I have applied for, Ill be going for it! Little gift to me. But does anyone have any other ideas?

SPL051.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone. I think a more simple setting (white gold) would show off the amazing cut and colour.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A right hand ring will be suitable as I think it’s somewhat large for a pinky ring. I agree that a white metal will set off the colour perfectly.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Yes I will set it in white gold. I am thinking a solitaire (but I am not normally into solitaires) But I think this stone could handle it.

OR

3 stone ring with tappered baguettes. Just keeping it simple.

I think it is time to hit photoshop!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that I’m biased or anything but this was my inspiration setting for my JW asscher pink spinel.
31.gif

TaffinInspiration.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! What a stunning stone. Those windmills are amazing.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Pink and asscher, two of my favorite things!!!
31.gif
30.gif

I agree with the general opinion, a white gold setting would be amazing, either a solitaire, or with tapered baguettes on the side. As a RHR. The baguettes would compliment the clean lines of the asscher and the white gold would just set off the color so that gorgeous center stone is truly the star of the show.

Amazing stone, really and truly. Enjoy it!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
This ring belongs to a PS user I think (found it on google) but something like this (with the colors reversed) would be TDF.

pinkasscherring.JPG

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I love the two options you''ve been given. What a beautiful stone! I love the cut and the color and can''t wait to see more pics! I do agree that it seems more a RHR than a pinky ring given the size. My personal preference for asschers is to have side stones accenting them.

I seem to remember that a Leon 5 stone might be less than a Leon pave ---- but this would probably also depend on the size of the 5 stones! I love that ring you''re talking about.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I was pointed in the direction of this thread when I was looking for asscher inspiration. It has lots and lots of good ideas.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Leon three stone with claw prongs and trap sides! yyyyyuuuummmm...

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Jeff cuts such beautiful asscher gemstones....this is a beauty!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He sure cuts a beautifully proportioned asscher. Nice windmills. Lovely color.

Out of curiosity, do you know where your spinel is from (ie Tanzania, Burma, Sri Lanka, other)?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 8:32:57 AM
Author: Chrono
Not that I’m biased or anything but this was my inspiration setting for my JW asscher pink spinel.
31.gif

Love this setting!! It would be perfect for your asccher. Gorgeous color and cut!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color. I so want an asscher.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous spinel! I love the inspiration ring Chrono posted.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 9:02:52 AM
Author: PinkAsscher678
This ring belongs to a PS user I think (found it on google) but something like this (with the colors reversed) would be TDF.

I agree - that setting is fantastic!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
this is a fine stone color and cut that needs very little ornamentation. it has elegance , confidence and cool enough on its own. Too much pave may be too fussy and overpowering and rob the stone of it''s katharine hepburn coolness. But damn that''s a nice stone!

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 9:11:23 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
He sure cuts a beautifully proportioned asscher. Nice windmills. Lovely color.

Out of curiosity, do you know where your spinel is from (ie Tanzania, Burma, Sri Lanka, other)?
Date: 4/14/2010 9:11:23 PM

Its from Tajikistan!

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
This is what I am thinking!

Open me, Leon awaitshttp://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=514

But it won''t be a Leon unfortunately. I am in Sydney, and WHEN I get a Leon it will be for a 2ct+ antique cushion!!

I don''t think I will get double claw prongs either, no one can do them like Leon, so I am not going to bother.

Still waiting to hear about the job, I am going into meltdown mode!

Thank you everyone with your kind comments. I am blown away with this stone.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot wait to see your pics when it is set. It is such an amazing stone.
You have some good ideas for settings here...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful stone! Enjoy it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say that your new spinel is an amazing shade of glorious pink. I''m in love :).

My all time favorite setting for an Asscher is, hands down, the Leon setting that was created for Erica. Second, I think PA has a good idea and I don''t think that mounting with two tapered baguettes would be too expensive at all. Erica''s mounting with the two traps would cost some significant cha-ching. But if money is no object...... I''d go directly to Leon.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
I hope no one minds, but I did some photoshoping!

I wish I was able to get a lean, but not this time!

pike_spinel_leon.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Chorno - Who makes that beautiful setting? Any more photos? Is it a Daniel K?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy,
That setting is done by Taffin (James Taffin de Givenchy).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi lass, have you considered a local or a Melbs jeweller?

There is a bench jeweller in Melbourne called K&B diamonds who have done some very nice work for a couple PSers - I have wanted to work with them, and had something lined up - but it was in the middle of the bushfires and we ended up having to cancel the order.

I have contacted a couple Sydney jewellers for quotes too - I could dig out my lists if you like?
What kind of style are you after? I think this would look lovely with some vintage elements; I enjoy asschers with vintage styles
1.gif

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Hi Arjunajane,

I am going to go with the jeweler (In Sydney) that made my engagement ring and my wedding ring.

But thank you.

Still waiting on Jeff to cut my garnet! arrghhhhh

Hopefully I shall have an email in my inbox soon!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that looks great! You gave great photoshopping skills. LOGR has a similar setting; you might be able to ask for double prongs, and have Whiteflash or Quest set your stone with claw prongs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results