shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve go 100 people coming to my house tomorrow -- and I''m in a panic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, all I can say is, you must have a HUGE KITCHEN. ha ha ha ha ha

Linda

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess my suggestion would have worked out better, had I known the party was YESTERDAY, not today.
lol.gif

To me ---->
slap4.gif

20.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2007 11:53:21 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

We''re almost 6 hours into it and every damn person is in the kitchen!!! I''ll post more later.

Sounds like a fun time though. Hope it was a great one.

Please report back when you have a chance.

QOTDR

Rough_Rock
Hope everything went well. Post pics! I don''t get the kitchen thing either. Every party I go to is like that. I''ve tried a cozy fire, putting the food in the family room, etc... Next time, I guess I''ll turn off the lights in the kitchen and disable the switches
11.gif
. It drives me crazy!!!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
How was the shindig DeeJay? I hope it was a blast!

Did your kitchen survive?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew--I am finally up and about. Boy that prosecco creeps up on you and you don't even know it 'till it's too late!

LOTS of people--and they were still ARRIVING at midnight! The food held out but they did go through almost all six pounds of shrimp. One of the guests brought a tray of mini cakes and such as well as these giant sugar cookies, so all that along with the tray of cookies we bought, will make its way to my office today. (Hmmm... I think maybe the truffles and the box of toffee and turtles from Margie's that someone brought us might not make it into the car though...
11.gif
)

The alcohol worked out differently this year that last year. We went through virtually all of the red wine and the HH had to open a few bottles of our own stash there at the end. The white was virtually untouched because everyone who would normally drink white went for the prosecco. No hard alcohol at all, and I just took a peek at the beer and I don't think even a case was gone. So red wine and prosecco ruled the night.

Almost every single person asked about the pups. A couple of people even brought them gifts so when they finally get off the bed (the HH picked them up from doggy daycare a few hours ago but they are ZONKED OUT right now) they will have some new treats.

Sorry to disappoint with a lack of pics. I took a couple of the first few people who arrived with their oh-too-cute 11 months old daughter, but then the camera went off by the wayside never to be touched again all evening...

And that's about it! There is a sea of clean wine and champagne glasses on the breakfast bar (gotta love that HH of mine!) and the leftovers have already made their way in to the garbage. The HH did briefly consider putting the left over dips back into their respective containers, and I was like NO!!! I'm not eating food that sat out for 8 hours as it is, let alone THEN making its way BACK INTO a container!
23.gif
He doesn't necessarily agree with me, but into the trash it all went anyway. And now we can drag the tree up from the garage and start on that. Oh joy... the holidays!

Thanks to all who helped quell my anxiety, and also for the recipes. I had *every intention* of making Al's pasta salad recipe but after falling off the ladder and then trying to slice my thumb off it never happened. (Don't ask.
20.gif
)

Oh, and the *weather*? Perfect clear all night long. Right now: Snowing like CRAZY. After last year's blizzard I need to go make a sacrafice to thank the Weather Gods for holding off one extra day this year!
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2007 2:13:02 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
The HH did briefly consider putting the left over dips back into their respective containers, and I was like NO!!! I''m not eating food that sat out for 8 hours as it is, let alone THEN making its way BACK INTO a container!
23.gif
He doesn''t necessarily agree with me, but into the trash it all went anyway.
HI:

Sounds like a great time was had by all! Good job! And for what it''s worth, I totally agree with you about the dips and standing out for a long time--not to mention the people who "double" dip
14.gif
. I''m really bad tho, I just tend to throw everything out.....

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admit I am a little, as my HH calls it, *weird* about food, LOL. Another thing that creeps me out is buffets. When we were in Phoenix for Thanksgiving our friends booked brunch at the Wrigley Mansion. We were one of the first people there so I was pretty OK with it, but as time went on it got more and more crowded. At one point I got in the line for the cold seafood items and a guy a couple people in front of me coughed into his hand and then reached (with the same hand... ) for the shrimp tongs and put some on his plate. That was it for me. I couldn''t eat anything else. Ack!

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
hi deejay,
i am a lurker and i greatly admire your gorgeous jewelry pieces! all so lovely. glad your party went over well. i am posting because today in church, at the sign of peace(we''re catholic) you shake the hands of those around you, i held my hand up and said, "peace-oh i have a cold(which i do and had blown my nose repeatedly in church today) but the people seemed perplexed about it. one girl stuck her hand straight at me and did not understand, but i surely did not want to spread my cooties around
emcrook.gif
so i declined shaking others hands.
do i recall reading your from chicago area? my hubby commutes from western ohio to naperville just about every week. we may move there next summer when #2 child graduates high school...
take care and happy holidays-sounds like your party was a success and you can get drunk on the leftover beer all month hee hee

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
snowflakeluvr, you and I are cut from the same cloth! Another thing is that as a Realtor when I do open houses when I'm sick I always welcome people to the property but I say that I don't want to shake hands because I have a cold/the flu/the black plague/whatever. I have had other real estate agents say, oh, that's OK, and grab my hand and shake it. And then of course they are going to go to 5 more open houses that day and shake *those* agents' hands. And those agents will shake more hands... I'm always convinced that it will snowball and I will singlehandedly (no pun intended) be responsible for some sort of global pandemic, LOL.

And yes indeed, I am in Chicago. Coincidentially, my husband works in Naperville. Wouldn't it be funny if our hubbies knew each other!

Thank you for the compliment about my jewelry--I appreciate the kinds words.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay,

So glad the party went well; hope you''ve managed to recuperate. I''d have thrown the food out too (DH is an anti-leftovers guy).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I''m glad your party went well. My DH thinks I''m weird but I throw out EVERYTHING from a party too. I''m very cautious about food that everyone''s touched as well as set out for a few hours. We tell people to take home what they want at a party and it amazes me how many people will gladly take home food that''s been out for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results