shape
carat
color
clarity

It's the Little Things--- Tell Me Something Small that You're Happy About :)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked up FL hummingbirds but have not seen it up close enough to figure it out. It is NOT colorful. Yes, I made sugar water.
4:1 water/sugar. No food coloring. My DH has seen it back so it definitely knows where the feeder is now! Hoping he/she
brings some friends but won't know until we see multiples at the same time. Fingers crossed!

Ruby-throated are really pretty!

There's a hummingbird migration map online that you could check out.
Female Ruby-throated are not colorful. Here's a photo of one of mine from last year.

IMG_1072.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Last night I had 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I've have insomnia--so this is unheard of for me. Usually is 2-4 hrs, then up again 2-3 times before (actually) arising for the day. Uninterrupted sleep is the new, 4 carat D IF , diamond.:bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Made creamed spinach and Béarnaise sauce for Sunday supper. Spinach--easy peasy. Béarnaise--not so much--but turned out beautifully!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This weekend I listed the dozen vintage quilts that have been sitting in the dining room for almost a year! I'm exhausted...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was absolutely gorgeous weather today so I decided to take the dog for a walk. Before I left, older son came home from playing frisbee and asked if he could come too. We took a walk with the dog and got milkshakes downtown. Awesome day.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was absolutely gorgeous weather today so I decided to take the dog for a walk. Before I left, older son came home from playing frisbee and asked if he could come too. We took a walk with the dog and got milkshakes downtown. Awesome day.

Sounds like a perfect day with your kids and furbaby @YadaYadaYada. Bliss!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't seen the hummingbird for over a week+. I guess she was just traveling through. Happy to have seen her and provided
her with some nourishment along her journey!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our plump feral kitties make me very happy :love:

Screen Shot 2024-03-04 at 8.00.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-04 at 7.59.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-04 at 7.59.37 AM.png

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got home from work last night and did all my housework and laundry so I wouldn't have to do it today. :)

This morning I found that I must have planted crocus bulbs in the front yard the year before and forgot about them since they didn't come up last spring. This year I have a whole line of pretty, yellow crocus flowers in the front flower bed!

Hubby is only working half a day today and he told me when he gets back we can walk the dog together which is always wonderful. I like having that extra set of eyes for any off leash dogs (not allowed in the parks but it's a daily thing) that might approach.

And it's warm out! :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wanted to make fresh salmon cakes. I bought a half/filleted piece of wild sockeye salmon (as it is good for cakes/burgers). It still had the skin on....so I took my lovely, but unused, Japanese knife and removed the skin. What a knife! The first bit didn't go as planned, then I changed my tactic (aka it wasn't the knife!). The rest was like clockwork. And I didn't use food google!

cheers--Sharon

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kind of going through some things, was having a rough morning, decided to stop for a coffee. There was a car on the other side trying to turn left across two lanes so I stopped and waved him on, got in line for the drive-thru. Get to the window and was told I didn’t owe anything, the guy I waved on paid for me to thank me for the gesture. In turn, I paid for the guy behind me.

It was especially nice because the guy I waved on went inside, which meant he had to tell them which car he wanted to pay for. Really turned my day around.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like preparing what I call "fridge foods" that anyone can grab, whenever they get hungry, not necessarily for a meal. (It's better than grabbing chips.)
Today I decided to try making a cold salad of brown lentils and pearl barley. I like the results and am adding it to my repertoire!

Boil like pasta, in lots of salted water: 2 cups brown lentils and 1 cup pearl barley (I like the Hodgson Mills brand of barley-- it's a nice size.)
Boil 30-45 minutes until you like how soft or firm it is. Drain and cool.

Meanwhile prepare these to mix in after the mixture has cooled:
• 1/3 to 1/2 thinly sliced Vidalia/sweet onion
• fresh cilantro (if you hate cilantro use parsley, but the taste is not as bright)
•1/2 of a red bell pepper, diced (you could substitute green bell pepper if you omit the cilantro)
• lemon juice/lime juice to taste
• salt and pepper to taste
• EVOO to taste

I would eat this on its own but it would also be a nice salad topper.
I could also see eating sliced avocado with it.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I forgot to add the chopped tomatoes! I actually used diced canned tomatoes but you can chop them fresh too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@YadaYadaYada story reminds you that lovely and thoughtful and kind people ARE out there.

While shopping, I dropped my eyeglass case in an aisle. At the busy check out, I said out loud, "Oh did I drop my eyeglass case in the line up"? People were very helpful and concerned--all looking about. One gal told me she would check some aisles but I did it on my own (and found the case.) She was shopping with her Mom--and I thanked her on the way out for their consideration. Her big beautiful smile was very sincere.

Oh, and at the car show on Saturday--I asked the passerby couple where they got their lemonade. They provided directions--then she said "oh you must be thirsty, "Here is my unopened water bottle. Take it." I never expected such a thoughtful gift. I raised my hands to her bc those small things are truly big.

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my students brought me a warm double-chocolate chip cookie from her lunch today :lickout:

It really is the little things.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, it is very comforting that there are still good people in the world. I read something recently about life purpose, a lot of people question what their life’s purpose is like it is one thing. What if instead of one big thing, it is all the little things, the kind things you do for people and/or animals. I thought that was an interesting idea, like we get so hung up on one big purpose that we dismiss all the little things.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, it is very comforting that there are still good people in the world. I read something recently about life purpose, a lot of people question what their life’s purpose is like it is one thing. What if instead of one big thing, it is all the little things, the kind things you do for people and/or animals. I thought that was an interesting idea, like we get so hung up on one big purpose that we dismiss all the little things.

I love this

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's so easy to be kind to others.
I always thank everyone, and let people know they are appreciated.

I also tell people their jewelry is pretty.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cracked up my phone 3 days ago and finally got a new one. The reason this makes me so happy is that I had the phone for about 6 years. Six years!!!!!! Hubby has had 6 phones in that same timeline. I think my phone and I had such a good run. What a trooper. I will miss her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results