shape
carat
color
clarity

It's HERE, it's HERE!! My AVC "Daisy" ring and 6-stone band!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: It's HERE, it's HERE!! My AVC "Daisy" ring and 6-stone b

I know you were worried and overthinking during the ring process, but I think everything turned out lovely. Wear it in good health!!

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

Rosebloom|1349727685|3281678 said:
Dougsgirl|1349670466|3281327 said:
Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to read my story and to post such sweet comments!! You guys are the best!!

Rosebloom said:
Holy cannoli!!! It turned out so beautifully! Congrats!!

I've been following your story and when I saw the pictures of you and DH I was so surprised. For some reason I had a very different mental picture I guess! You two are gorgeous - a perfect compliment to your spectacular ring.
This quote made me laugh!! RB... I can't help but wonder how you were picturing us in your mind! LOL

It's so silly but I guess I do subconsciously make a mental image of some people as I read their stories. I pictured you older and not as stunningly beautiful! I think because you've been married for so long and have a large family. I've been married 10 years and have two little boys - and 20 extra pounds and gray hairs starting and some wrinkles! So I think I imagine that anyone else who has had as much "life experience" as me should look like it! But alas you look like a 23 year old... Perhaps I should consider spending more time in the Pacific Northwest? Hmmm...

You are so sweet!! Thank you for the compliments!!
Funny thing... I think my DH and I both look and FEEL better now than we did when our kids were young. (The "upkeep" is also a lot more expensive now... LOL The hair color, the nails and toes, the waxing... OH MY!) But when the kids were little we were exhausted all the time (and broke!) and just trying to keep our heads above water. Now that they're older, we are more able to spend the time to take care of ourselves. (I just ran my first half-marathon in May! I'm SLOW, but it was a HUGE accomplishment for me!)
And it is also true that we are pretty young to have been married for 18 years and have 3 mostly-grown children. I turned 39 in June and DH just turned 40 in Sept. We are definitely the "young" parents for my kids' age group!!
And one more thing... 90% of the time I don't look like I did in that picture! ;-) That was DH's birthday and we were in Vegas... time to primp it up and show it off!! LOL If only you could see me now... hair in a bun, fuzzy socks, no make-up, serious gray grow-out... LOL It's the "real" me!! :o

But thank you for being so sweet!! You made my day! :appl:

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

TravelingGal|1349728012|3281680 said:
I know you were worried and overthinking during the ring process, but I think everything turned out lovely. Wear it in good health!!

Thanks TG... I am SO happy with it! And thank all of YOU for all of your support and encouragement along the way, and talking me off the ledge when I needed it!! (I can be a little dramatic and OCD at the same time... It's exhausting! :roll: )

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just came back to look at your beautiful rings and I saw the Vegas picture! You two are a great looking couple! We got married that young but our kids are a lot more spread out (and we are older, too)! (And I really liked that you acknowledged the source of your blessings :halo: :)) I agree!)

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1349735671|3281741 said:
I just came back to look at your beautiful rings and I saw the Vegas picture! You two are a great looking couple! We got married that young but our kids are a lot more spread out (and we are older, too)! (And I really liked that you acknowledged the source of your blessings :halo: :)) I agree!)

Thanks DS!! It's been a long road, indeed, and I must give credit where credit is due!!!
And I'm always grateful to find others who are walking a similar path. ;-)
Thank you for all of your encouragement and kind words!!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock

I heart this whole thread. Beautiful rings; your graciousness just seeps through this entire thread.

portia

Brilliant_Rock

WOW!!!! What a beautiful ring and band! I love that you created a new ring, but used the original stones in the band to wear together. They look absolutely gorgeous together!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock

Wow you're upgrades are STUNNING! Lucky girl! :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Absolutely stunning!! I love your nails, too, by the way. ::)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Absolutely beautiful rings Dougsgirl!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

Thank you, thank you for all of the thoughtful and kind words!!

hmr_mama said:
I heart this whole thread. Beautiful rings; your
graciousness just seeps through this entire thread.
HM... You're a sweetie! Thank you for saying that!

portia said:
WOW!!!! What a beautiful ring and band! I love that you created a new ring, but used the original stones in the band to wear together. They look absolutely gorgeous together!
Thank you! It was really important to me to keep the "family jewels" (so to speak, lol) incorporated in my ring, and I'm really glad it "worked"! I was worried that because the diamonds are different cuts and shapes, and because the ones in the band are larger than most wedding bands, that they wouldn't look good together. But I am very pleased! I also like wearing the wedding band with my plain platinum band at times when I don't want to wear the "fancy" daisy ring. So it's fun to have options!

gem_anemone said:
Wow you're upgrades are STUNNING! Lucky girl! :appl:
Thank you so much! Yes, I still can't quite believe it myself! :appl:

Tuckins1 said:
Absolutely stunning!! I love your nails, too, by the way. ::)
Thank you!! And this is the first time I've ever done black on acrylic nails... I really like the look (especially this time of year) but I wish they didn't grow out so fast! I'm trying to figure out how I can fill in the "gap" with black polish, without messing up the silver sparkle tips... Hmmm... :confused:

stargurl78 said:
Absolutely beautiful rings Dougsgirl!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:
Thank you so much!! I am so thrilled with them! And I really appreciate all of the help from all of you PSers and all of your positive feedback! It makes it even that much more rewarding and special!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

oooh la la! so blingy! Congrats on your gorgeous new set! The daisy is such a sweet touch and makes it really special :love:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

Love your story, love your rings, love your hand shots and love your pic!! Best of everything to you both. :bigsmile:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

WHOO mama that is a beautiful ring!!! This newest version looks stunning, I can see why you wanted them to get all the details right. You sound like a very happy and blessed woman and I hope that life continues to treat you well because you certainly deserve it!! Congrats again on the upgrade!!

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

tuffyluvr|1349818034|3282383 said:
oooh la la! so blingy! Congrats on your gorgeous new set! The daisy is such a sweet touch and makes it really special :love:
hlmr said:
Love your story, love your rings, love your hand shots and love your pic!! Best of everything to you both. :bigsmile:
pandabee said:
WHOO mama that is a beautiful ring!!! This newest version looks stunning, I can see why you wanted them to get all the details right. You sound like a very happy and blessed woman and I hope that life continues to treat you well because you certainly deserve it!! Congrats again on the upgrade!!

Thank you!! I am enjoying wearing them SO much!! My DH is probably going to get sick of me saying "Honey.. Look at it in THIS light!!" :appl:
I'm trying not to wreck my car while I watch my hand sparkle on the steering wheel! LOL
I truly appreciate all the kind words and everyone who has taken the time to read my story and respond. Thank you all so much!! :love:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! Lovely rings. I'm glad you got the daisy detail how you wanted it, since that has a lot of meaning for you.

I love AVC's. :love:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow, it's absolutely gorgeous. I love everything-the center stone, the setting, that perfect daisy! Plus your band is absolutely stunning! Congratulations and wear it in good health! :appl: And you and your husband really are total babes! :cheeky:

TaterTots

Shiny_Rock

Your set is just gorgeous.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock

I am LOVING your bling! :love: :love: :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

stunning rings, beautiful couple!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Dougsgirl I just had to look at your ring again-it's so beautiful! And your hubby is a hunk! Very cute couple! My DH just started shaving his head and I love it. Such a tough guy manly,man look 8-)

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

woofmama|1350821093|3289550 said:
Dougsgirl I just had to look at your ring again-it's so beautiful! And your hubby is a hunk! Very cute couple! My DH just started shaving his head and I love it. Such a tough guy manly,man look 8-)

Aww... You're so sweet!!
Yes... I, too, love the bald-guy look! But it takes a certain guy to be able to pull it off. My DH isn't particularly tall, but he's really built... great shoulders and biceps! :naughty: And I keep telling him he needs to get a tight, white t-shirt and a couple of fake hoop earrings and go as "Mr. Clean" for Halloween when we are in NYC!! :love:

Thank you for the sweet compliments!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Dougsgirl said:

Aww... You're so sweet!!
Yes... I, too, love the bald-guy look! But it takes a certain guy to be able to pull it off. My DH isn't particularly tall, but he's really built... great shoulders and biceps! :naughty: And I keep telling him he needs to get a tight, white t-shirt and a couple of fake hoop earrings and go as "Mr. Clean" for Halloween when we are in NYC!! :love:

Fake hoops on a PSer's hubby-no way! Take him to ID Jewelry & get some diamond huggies :naughty: Then you can wear them after Halloween :devil:

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

woofmama|1350904942|3290099 said:
Dougsgirl said:

Aww... You're so sweet!!

Fake hoops on a PSer's hubby-no way! Take him to ID Jewelry & get some diamond huggies :naughty: Then you can wear them after Halloween :devil:

Bahahahahaha!!!!! :appl:
I love the way you think!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: haha! Pricescoper's are a creative bunch when it comes to finding excuses to buy jewelry!

SoonerSage

Rough_Rock

Dougsgirl-I saw your avatar in another post and I had to find your ring thread! I LOVE it! Beautiful, personal and a great meaning behind it. Congrats on it, even if months later.

I have to ask-is AVC August Vintage Cushion? I love the cut. I've been looking at his stones.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

It's a stunning set of rings for a stunning woman. I love the story and the outcome.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock

i think i have posted here already but its come up and just in case... its beautiful!! such great coverage on your hand too. the daisy is a perfect meaningful addition

FirefliesAtSunset

Rough_Rock

Congratulations on your new rings!!!! LOVE the halo on this one! I wasn't considering a halo style for mine but now that I see yours.... WOW! It is fabulous xox

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

So beautiful and worth the wait.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results