shape
carat
color
clarity

Its done - 3 stone , 4.47cttw pear ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2007 11:41:54 PM
Author: sparkles
Hey Lien,

I really don't want to upgrade again. Got better things to do with the $$$$$.

I'm also getting rather narky comments about my new ring from non-diamond loving girlfriends - which has put a dampener on things a bit.

Would love to do the oriental....can we do it after I get back...In the next week I am moving, having my son's birthday and as my father had major heart surgery yesterday I'm going down to OZ for a week when he gets out of hospital. I will be back mid june.....
I understand your sentiment. It really is so much more money!

Sorry to hear abt yr non-diamond-loving friends. Some people will always have something to say. You know what? Everyone has something they spend money on (no matter how big, how small and how important/ relevant or otherwise it is to themselves and to others), and if you choose to spend your money on a beautiful ring, then that's up to you. It is yr money and yr life and how you choose to do what you do is entirely up to you. Don't let their judgemental way get you down. They should be happy for you and if they're not, so what?! I wouldn't worry abt it. We LOVE IT here on PS!!

Happy b'day to your son next week! Good luck with your house moving.

Sorry to hear abt your father. I am sending him and you and yr family loads of good wishes and hope he gets better soon. Don't worry abt anything, meeting up or anything like that. Most important that you be with him.

Big hugs.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m in the minority of people who don''t really love the ring as it is (but don''t let that sway you...it''s what YOU think that matters!). I do think the center stone would look gorgeous haloed a la Firegoddes, and the sidestones would make a killer pair of earrings!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I''m new here, but after reading this post, I can tell that you aren''t happy with the ring as is so I think you should change it. Pears and 3-stone rings are not my favorite style, but I do like the simplicity of a solitaire in a halo.

The halo will make the center stone look bigger if that''s what you''re after. I would make the halo very delicate to accentuate the largeness of that big pear. And although I see that the others would rather have a white halo, I think the pink would be fabulous. I''ve seen pictures of big white center stones in delicate pink halo''s, and it''s one of my favorite looks! If I could afford it, I''d get a 2 or 3 carat white asscher in a dainty pink diamond halo. No, wait, I think I''d have the asscher set in double claw prongs Harry Winston style on a plain platinum band. Sometimes less is more!

Your hands are small, so I don''t think you need a bigger diamond . . . any bigger will risk losing the refined tastefulness of the ring.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
How could I miss this?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love it!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
If you''re not happy, halo it!! Really, walking around for a few years unhappy with your ring isn''t going to do anything but make you unhappy for a few years.

FWIW: I think you should get a white halo and turn the sidestones into drop earrings! I mean, you''ve already paid for them, right?
31.gif

In truth, you''re only going to be happy when you get what you want, and when you walked in the first time to get a halo, you walked out with something you''re not super happy with. I can''t remember who said it, but you have a 4.5 ct ring and you''re not fainting with joy everytime you look down! That says to me that you should go back to what you wanted in the first place.

STUNNING ring, btw.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you decided anything sparkles?
1.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Firegoddess,

Been so busy here. Had to move house. Contractors coming and going. Was supposed to go to Australia and look after my father for a little while. He just had heart surgery. My daughter fell down and cut her ear, (9 stitches later), the night before I was due to fly out so had to postphone the trip. Thanks to the plastic surgeon for doing a very very good job. Stitches come out Sat.

The outlaws arrived same night followed by their posse the next day. I have also been trying to finalize plans for a small renovation that we are doing on our house. Should be ready to move in in about 12 months.

I managed to squeeze in a recycling project and an eternity reset, but trying to keep a low bling profile. My pear has been sitting on a piece of rope around my neck since the move. Put it on for the first time in a week tonight was missing it.

Actually lovin it right now. Not too much time to think about it really.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes, there''s a lot going on! Makes jewelry fade to the background. Sorta.
2.gif
5.gif

Glad to hear you''re appreciating it these days, that''s what matters! Love the pendulum pendant, BTW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results