shape
carat
color
clarity

Its done - 3 stone , 4.47cttw pear ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you had fun wearing that beauty to the party!! That ring on your finger is going to out-shine the bride! BTW--we need some hand shots!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent!! I love the shape of the center pear!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2007 8:08:59 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Very beautiful!!!
30.gif
But we do need better pictures today!!!
Indeed!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Speechless
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
....but the request for MORE photos.....

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is absolutely beautiful!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOW did you get that so fast???? It is beyond gorgeous. Great choice on the sidestones!!!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a handshot.

pearonhand1.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I really love this stone. But I am really concerned that it looks small for the carat weight. I am still double guessing myself on the LTW. Whilst my ec was incredibly beautiful and entrancing it always showed up small because of the ltw of 1:28. It bugged me 3 days after I got it and I wore it for 5 years. I don't want to go through the same thing for the next 3 years. Will I see a visual difference in a stone 1mm longer?

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
eh...what? its absolutely stunning as it is and I wouldn''t change a thing, its huge.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
That is stunning! I love pears!

I love the simplicity of the setting, it really lets the diamonds be the star.

Congratulations!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2007 1:27:42 PM
Author: sparkles
Here''s a handshot.
hubba hubba!!! What a ring!!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is beauuuuuuuuuuuuutifl. It is huge on your finger. I love it.

Linda

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2007 1:39:49 PM
Will I see a visual difference in a stone 1mm longer?
I bet you''d have better results by switching the side pears for smaller ones -- I think that''s throwing off the proportion.

The chances of finding as nice a large pear ... exactly 1 mm longer sounds like a wild goose chase to me.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous, sparkles! It looks great on you, and it really does look HUGE! I agree with Deco-trying to get a pear just as beautiful that''s only 1 mm bigger sounds like a wild goose chase, for sure. If you want the center stone to appear larger I think you should do a micropave halo like firegoddess. That would put the focus on the center stone and make it look even bigger. (Not that I think the diamond looks small at all-I''m only saying this because you seem concerned about it looking too small.)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is one of the prettiest rings I have seen! I love it.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Va Va Va Voom! Spectacular. Mind blowing spectacular. And...what!!!! is right...you think it looks small??? I didn''t get that at all. We are talking about 4 1/2 tw of pure pear heaven. Don''t mess with it. Forget formulas and ratios and the numbers...LOOK AT THE CREATION. All the numbers are just on paper and in your head...The ring is real!!! Hello...any body home?

Your finger is completely covered...you are wearing a full days serving of pears! For goodness sakes! Now share a little with us by serving
18.gif
MORE PHOTOS!!!

DKS

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2007 4:57:20 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 5/12/2007 1:39:49 PM
Will I see a visual difference in a stone 1mm longer?
I bet you''d have better results by switching the side pears for smaller ones -- I think that''s throwing off the proportion.

The chances of finding as nice a large pear ... exactly 1 mm longer sounds like a wild goose chase to me.
I agree. Don''t change the the large pear, it''s stunning!!!
30.gif
The halo idea was a good one, too.

But bottom line....it''s a REALLY, REALLY BIG ROCK....only commenting because you thought it looked small for the ct wt. In my world, it''s gigantic...period!
36.gif

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, once again, I will tell you .....I have seen your large pear in person, it is STUNNING!!! The most gorgeous PEAR DIAMOND I have ever seen!!!

Congratulations, you have done well........Your ring is INCREDIBLE!!!!

MWG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I need one of those chinese finger puzzles to keep me from coming onto PS.

Thankyou all for your words of encouragement. Especially MWG.

I am really really happy with the setting.....which was done by IVY in Singapore. She really did a good job. Hubby posted more pictures at 1am this morning so I will attempt to post more photos.

I need help with an eternity now. Hubby doesn't like the gap between my 10pter full eternity and the 3 stone. I think the eternity looks rather dwarfed by the 3 stone.

Oh I was looking at the blue the stone was giving off today with the medium Blue fluoro, it really is beautiful.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to try and post a few more shots.

cattakeagoodphoto1.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

canttakeagoodphoto3.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying not to double up....

canttakeagoodphoto4.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
...is anyone falling asleep yet.

canttakeagoodphoto6.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkles, your rings are absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
And may I be perfectly honest and blunt? You cannot handle one more quarter carat on that finger without it looking just too much. To halo that pear would look like a cz cocktail ring from Walmart, and to make the eternity band stones any larger will take away from the star of the show, the pear. If I were to do anything differently with your rings, it would be what others said, make the side pears a little smaller so they call more attention to the center stone. But it is lovely and classy as it is, so I wouldn''t change it.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2007 10:48:19 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Sparkles, your rings are absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
And may I be perfectly honest and blunt? You cannot handle one more quarter carat on that finger without it looking just too much. To halo that pear would look like a cz cocktail ring from Walmart, and to make the eternity band stones any larger will take away from the star of the show, the pear. If I were to do anything differently with your rings, it would be what others said, make the side pears a little smaller so they call more attention to the center stone. But it is lovely and classy as it is, so I wouldn''t change it.
I would have to agree! It does not look "small for its carat size" at all.....in fact, I think it looks really LARGE for its carat size! (plus on top of that, you have tiny fingers which make it look even bigger) And the center stone might look even larger if the sidestones were a tad smaller. But honestly, I wouldn''t change a thing. It is a stunningly beautiful and HUGE ring as is!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sparkles!

I don''t think you have to worry about "diamond shrinkage" for a while with this one!
16.gif

This pear is gorgeous! Sure, when you can afford it, you can always upgrade to a 4-carat, or a 5-carat, etc. But for your current budget, I think this diamond is spectacular.

Honestly, if anything, I would have to say that I think the sidestones could be a little too large. Maybe this is the "look" where you live? The bigger the better? If so, you are the belle of the ball, for sure!
1.gif

doobao

Shiny_Rock
We are surrounded by pears recently~
but I''m definitely LOVING it!
3.gif

Congrats on such beautiful bling~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results