shape
carat
color
clarity

It melts away the stress...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I agree with you about classical music. I have the WQXR app on my phone and I listen to it in my kitchen through a speaker that connects to my phone. The WQXR app is awesome and I encourage anyone who enjoys classical music to check it out! Honestly besides the music, the voices of the hosts are also relaxing! My favorite host is Annie Bergen - my goodness what a lovely voice she has!

I adore classical music and also opera. Just listening to it soothes my soul. And the sadder the music the better but I know I am sort of weird that way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eating chocolates and pickles and curling up with a romance or sci-fi/ fantasy book is how I try to melt away my stress. I noticed someone was nibbling at my chocolate today and I finished the whole package since i didn't want to share. Stress of wondering if I'll have to share was gone! Lol Although now I may have to run out tomorrow to grab more.

Hope you can get more chocolates today. I have chocolate daily as well and my DH knows better than to touch my stash. :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Pink Floyd, I find their music soothing and good for the soul. When I'm doing housework lately, I have Icehouse or INXS turned right up.

I love Pink Floyd and INXS too. Never heard of Icehouse...off to check them out, thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Art relieves my stress level- I started painting again during lockdown. When I am in front of a canvas hours can melt away along with my stress level.

Yes! Art is such a stress buster. I used to love painting and drawing (I have zero talent though) and art was a big part of our growing up. I still adore going to museums and art galleries and miss that quite a lot since the pandemic has made those outings verboten. Looking forward to getting back into the arts in all forms.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to browse Pricescope in my leisure time and admire all the jewels! It helps distract my worries for a while.

Ditto. PS is a huge stress reliever. Love enjoying the beautiful gems and interacting with PSers who are the true gems.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
music, wine and cooking is what helps to ease my stress...yesterday I made home made cinnamon rolls and home made noodles for chicken and alfredo...while drinking wine and listening to music lol

Yummmmmm. LOVE cinnamon rolls.

Well to be truly honest, salsa, queso and chips and any music from the 60s by Crosby, Stills & Nash etc, Zeppelin, the sound of water flowing over a falls, or on rocks like in Hawaii! all these sooth my soul. xo

Love the analogy Kate.

@Daisys and Diamonds I just remembered that Bruce Springsteen performed Glory Days on the last "Late Night with David Letterman" episode. Did you see that by any chance? I used to love Late Night with David Letterman!!

I saw that and it was amazing!

I really missing singing in person in the same venue with others in a choir.

The choir leader for the choirs that I normally sing with has done a great job with online practices with member of his own family (they are very musical). However, it is just not the same as being in the same room singing with others. :confused2:

During the warmer months when we were allowed to meet outdoors, a limited number of us participated in outdoor practices at his parents' gardens, and it reminded us how good it was to sing as a group.

Our repertoire is Pop, Soul and Gospel, nothing classical or musical theatre related, not even traditional Christmas carols.

I do not know if the other choir I used to sing with which is a chamber choir has moved to online practices or not, as I have kind of lost touch with them, as their choice of music were not my cup of tea in the past 2 years or so, hey ho!

DK :confused2:

Hopefully you will be able to get back to singing in the choir again soon. We are closer to the end of the pandemic than the beginning...I hope and pray.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Walks outside weather permitting, but if not then Bob Ross reruns.

I never heard of Bob Ross but just asked my DH and he said I must check him out. What Bob Ross did and his PBS show is mesmerizing according to my DH. Thanks for the rec.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to say my cats melt the stress away but I would be lying...that Oliver is a rascal.

oliversoregal.png

He looks innocent. :halo:
But does anyone else notice the stink eye he is giving me?

Lovelly to see you again Master Ollie
You be a good boy now

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Pink Floyd and INXS too. Never heard of Icehouse...off to check them out, thanks.

Jezz girl - did you grow up on the other side of the planet or something ?
(My smilies still adn't working dam it !)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore classical music and also opera. Just listening to it soothes my soul. And the sadder the music the better but I know I am sort of weird that way.

I get that
Bruce's best stuff is the stuff that's so raw and sad it rips your heart open !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds you are a stress reliever. Your lovely comments always bring a smile to my face. ❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds you are a stress reliever. Your lovely comments always bring a smile to my face. ❤️

Thank you dear Missy
I was just thinking this morning when i was making breakfast that when all this covid BS is over and its safe to travel we do actually have nice fish here
Gary would cook you nice fish
I'll stock the fridge with plant milk and get non dairy ice cream !

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I never heard of Bob Ross but just asked my DH and he said I must check him out. What Bob Ross did and his PBS show is mesmerizing according to my DH. Thanks for the rec.

His paintings are fairly repetitious, but listening to his calm, quiet voice and the paint brushes against the canvas is ASMR at its finest. He also was a huge animal lover, and occasionally he would bring little birds or squirrels, etc., that he was helping to rehab on the show, so I know you could appreciate that as a fellow animal lover.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I agree with you about classical music. I have the WQXR app on my phone and I listen to it in my kitchen through a speaker that connects to my phone. The WQXR app is awesome and I encourage anyone who enjoys classical music to check it out! Honestly besides the music, the voices of the hosts are also relaxing! My favorite host is Annie Bergen - my goodness what a lovely voice she has!

Try WFMT a Chicago classical radio station that streams for free. The best station bar none.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To relax I listen to cds of chanting monks or Original Peoples esp anything by R. Carlos Nakai

If I'm in the dumps and want to be cheered up, I listen to the blues. Weird, but the blues always cheer me up. Muddy Waters is one of my favs

Matata , if you like flute music try Paul Horn, inside the Taj Mahal. You can get it on Spotify. It is an oldie but a goodie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results