shape
carat
color
clarity

It melts away the stress...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Music has a way of transforming one’s mood.

I was in an anxious frame of mind this morning with all that is happening in the world and personally. That all change the moment I put Frank Sinatra on the radio. Life seems hopeful again.

And we listen to classical music daily. Mozart lately. And it just melts away the stress. Also we’ve been enjoying The Nutcracker daily since beginning of December. I never tire of it lol.

What melts away your stress?
If it’s music can you share what you’re listening to these days?
Thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EDC49235-20B0-45A2-B939-52335604CD2C.jpeg

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Although I don't like doing chores or cleaning the house, I feel so much relaxation after it's done!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I don't like doing chores or cleaning the house, I feel so much relaxation after it's done!

Haha yes. Same. Though I don’t hate vacuuming and often enjoy it ...the daily grind gets to me at times. But when I’m done. Relief. Clean house. Though I have to start all over again tomorrow. Oh well. Such is life. Music makes everything sweeter. IMO.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Music is a big stress reliever for me. I love many different kinds...classical, blues, rock...lately I have been listening to classic rock from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. I love a youtuber named Jamel_AKA_ Jamal, watching him discover bands and music he hasn't heard before. He seems like such a nice guy too...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good music and Cleaning also help my stress level. I am also binging The Crown now. Lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good music and Cleaning also help my stress level. I am also binging The Crown now. Lol

Check out “Coming Undone” if you haven’t watched it yet. It’s bingeworthy.

Music is a big stress reliever for me. I love many different kinds...classical, blues, rock...lately I have been listening to classic rock from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. I love a youtuber named Jamel_AKA_ Jamal, watching him discover bands and music he hasn't heard before. He seems like such a nice guy too...

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm watching Lupin now, it's so good!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Being outside among the trees, especially the large firs of the PNW. They give off a scent (I believe it's called picnogenol) that is mood altering. Their ability to connect with and heal you goes beyond scent though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being outside among the trees, especially the large firs of the PNW. They give off a scent (I believe it's called picnogenol) that is mood altering. Their ability to connect with and heal you goes beyond scent though.

Oh yes fragrance does help soothe the soul. Here it is bitterly cold and snowing and ice is all around us so unfortunately I cannot go outside and reconnect with nature anytime soon. I really miss that as being outside is a great stress buster.

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 1.19.16 PM.png

But looking at the beauty outside does bring some joy. I just wish I could be hiking outside instead of watching from inside...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the snow is increasing right now my DH's stress is reducing and mine is increasing. OMG it's becoming whiteout conditions outside. :errrr:

Forget about melting away the stress. I'd like to melt away winter right now lol.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Walks outside weather permitting, but if not then Bob Ross reruns.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
music, wine and cooking is what helps to ease my stress...yesterday I made home made cinnamon rolls and home made noodles for chicken and alfredo...while drinking wine and listening to music lol

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I agree with you about classical music. I have the WQXR app on my phone and I listen to it in my kitchen through a speaker that connects to my phone. The WQXR app is awesome and I encourage anyone who enjoys classical music to check it out! Honestly besides the music, the voices of the hosts are also relaxing! My favorite host is Annie Bergen - my goodness what a lovely voice she has!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

+ a billion.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really missing singing in person in the same venue with others in a choir.

The choir leader for the choirs that I normally sing with has done a great job with online practices with member of his own family (they are very musical). However, it is just not the same as being in the same room singing with others. :confused2:

During the warmer months when we were allowed to meet outdoors, a limited number of us participated in outdoor practices at his parents' gardens, and it reminded us how good it was to sing as a group.

Our repertoire is Pop, Soul and Gospel, nothing classical or musical theatre related, not even traditional Christmas carols.

I do not know if the other choir I used to sing with which is a chamber choir has moved to online practices or not, as I have kind of lost touch with them, as their choice of music were not my cup of tea in the past 2 years or so, hey ho!

DK :confused2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well to be truly honest, salsa, queso and chips and any music from the 60s by Crosby, Stills & Nash etc, Zeppelin, the sound of water flowing over a falls, or on rocks like in Hawaii! all these sooth my soul. xo

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Reading folklore to get the deep dive and then watching it on YouTube for the visuals currently. Different history people. Also just got into historical cooking. I love Tasting History with Max Miller, Townsends, etc.
It's just a nice way to veg out and maybe pick up some new things that I can then furiously Google to cross reference until my eyes cross.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im always happy to shear @missy
My go to for stress releaf is always thunder road
That piano intro (his grand nvertation into his 3rd album) just drops my stress levels about 1000%

If im having a really bad day Land of hope and dreams does the trick (this is what Bruce sung for Mr Biedin)
Or Across the boarder

When ever i hear Born to run i'm always happy

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I just remembered that Bruce Springsteen performed Glory Days on the last "Late Night with David Letterman" episode. Did you see that by any chance? I used to love Late Night with David Letterman!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To relax I listen to cds of chanting monks or Original Peoples esp anything by R. Carlos Nakai

If I'm in the dumps and want to be cheered up, I listen to the blues. Weird, but the blues always cheer me up. Muddy Waters is one of my favs

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Eating chocolates and pickles and curling up with a romance or sci-fi/ fantasy book is how I try to melt away my stress. I noticed someone was nibbling at my chocolate today and I finished the whole package since i didn't want to share. Stress of wondering if I'll have to share was gone! Lol Although now I may have to run out tomorrow to grab more.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I just remembered that Bruce Springsteen performed Glory Days on the last "Late Night with David Letterman" episode. Did you see that by any chance? I used to love Late Night with David Letterman!!

Way past my bedtime
But on my days off i used to watch the replay at 2pm
Ill go look for it on u tube
Thanks for the heads up

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Pink Floyd, I find their music soothing and good for the soul. When I'm doing housework lately, I have Icehouse or INXS turned right up.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Art relieves my stress level- I started painting again during lockdown. When I am in front of a canvas hours can melt away along with my stress level.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to say my cats melt the stress away but I would be lying...that Oliver is a rascal.

oliversoregal.png

He looks innocent. :halo:
But does anyone else notice the stink eye he is giving me?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results