shape
carat
color
clarity

It has arrived! My new pink tourmaline! First gem ever :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It has arrived! I finally was able to get these photos from a PC to my Mac, which was quite a challenge.

It is a 3.08 ct, pink tourmaline from Precision Gems. Thanks to everyone who suggested this stone to me and rooted for me to get it! I never would have found it without you
1.gif

Here are a bunch of photos!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ok so I thought I managed to bring about 10 photos over to my computer from my BF''s computer, but I failed! I only brought the ones posted above. For now I hope that suffices! When I have time later this evening I will post some more. I hope everyone likes it!

Oh and also, I went and had it appraised today. The only inclusion seen through the loupe was the one that was mentioned in Precision Gem''s description and it is a pink tourmaline. I knew it would be, but as it was my first gem purchase, I wanted to know for sure!
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Just when I thought it was going to be a slowwwwww night, you jumped in with this - YAY!!!! It looks beautiful - keep going with the pics. And sorry if I''m interrupting....

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color and cut! how will you set it?

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the comments so far! I will respond after I load some more photos.

I was able to move some more pictures over to my computer with the help of my dear bf.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!
36.gif
36.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Blush pink is absolutely my favorite color! Gorgeous!!
36.gif
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Love the new pics, especially of the stone on the hand. That stone is so stinkin'' bright!! Just gorgeous! I know you were looking for awhile - is this the color you had in mind?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, love the pink color and what a bright stone it is too
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so happy you were able to get exactly what you wanted!! Congratulations!! lovely!

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Very very pretty gem. Congratulations.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you everyone! I am so thankful that on my first try I was able to find a stone that is exactly the color/shade of pink I was looking for. I wanted something that was very pale, sometimes looks more pink, sometimes looks almost colorless. And the size is spot on what I wanted. All around great experience and I wouldn''t have found this stone without all of your PS help! So thanks
1.gif

In terms of setting it, I am still a little torn. Half of me wants to default to the style setting I love, with a very thin band and halo of diamonds. But the other part of me wants to make it very different than what I would normally do with a diamond. So... not sure yet! If anyone thinks this stone is calling for a certain setting, please let me know!

I went to a jewelry store nearby today just to look at the stone hovering above a few settings, but I am still not sold on anything. I may try to take more pictures in the sun, and if any of them look good on my little camera I will post them!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Lambo! I''m glad you found exactly what you were looking for! It''s gorgeous!!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
That is so pretty!!! I like it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! And SUCH a bargain! I'm so happy you got it.

SINCE you did ask for setting suggestions... I OF COURSE must put my .02 cents in. I would do the halo you love, but either in two tone of white and rose gold, or just rose gold. OR I'd do something similar to that GORGEOUS morganite ring I posted for you. As an FYI I have an 11 by 11 cushion (not pink or light) and I have asked JuliaKayTaylor for a proposal and a sketch that is inspired by that setting (and a couple of other things I liked) so I'll be happy to post that when I get it (she working on another project for me first though). Mine will be a pendant design though, not a ring from JuliaKayTaylor.

AND FINALLY... I don't know. You setting has me wondering about one of Sally's Lotus setting heads, with the prongs set north south east west on the stone, but with a tapered curving split shanks.
31.gif
Rose gold.

AND THEN, there is my all time favorite for ANY large cushion (if you have the budget for it) which is a lovely three stone or five stone a la Leon Mage. Personally since you got the stone for such a steal, I'd do a pink basket with double claw prongs and D colored sidestones in white metal. **Swoon**

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very purty!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it sometimes look a little peachy like in a few of your pictures? I''m glad you found everything you needed in that tourmaline. I agree with Gypsy that rose gold would be lovely.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone for your sweet comments and suggestions for settings! I can''t decide how much I want to spend yet though. Part of me is thinking, the stone was around $200 so I don''t want to spend more than $400 on a setting, as this started out as a fun, harmless ''mini'' project that wouldn''t cost too much. lol. BUT the other part of me really wants to get a beautiful setting with diamonds, which shoots the price up much more. And then I rationalize that possibility by saying it''d be fine to spend more on a setting since I didn''t spend very much on the stone. So... still going back and forth!

I love the idea of rose gold-- but would setting it in Rose gold make the tourmaline appear more pink in more lighting situations? Because that is definitely not my goal-- if you remember my other thread I want the stone pale pale pink. Or would the setting make no difference for the color of the tourmaline? I am just thinking about like, a L or K diamond in a WG setting vs. a YG setting, the latter makes the warm stone look warmer. (at least from what I have read)

Date: 7/3/2009 7:17:32 AM
Author: Chrono
Does it sometimes look a little peachy like in a few of your pictures? I''m glad you found everything you needed in that tourmaline. I agree with Gypsy that rose gold would be lovely.

When you say peachy it makes me think light orange- in which case I don''t see orange in it at all. If anything, it looks a little too pink in some lights. But maybe I am confused on what you mean by peachy- can you show me another picture with a ''peachy'' tourmaline?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What''s the mm size? You can do one of the legacy type setting that LOGR sells, with diamonds, in your price range.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty, dainty pink. Congrats on your first gem!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there''s a peachy garnet or malaya thread around in PS. Peachy is orangish pink; like a peach, well...at least to me.
9.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Pretty, soft, delicate color but still Striking ! !

Nice first purchase.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so pretty! I''m so glad you found what you were looking for.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results