shape
carat
color
clarity

Is your right bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy was saying over on Rocky Talky that her rt hand ring finger is bigger than her left. Me too. And my friend too. In fact, whole chunks of my right side are noticeably bigger (my foot, the pupil in my rt eye (!!), one of ''the girls'', etc.)

Is this really common? Do the rest of you have this? I wonder if left handed people have a bigger left hand / side.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Not by much, maybe a 1/4-1/2 size? My engagement ring fits on my right ring finger, but it's tight.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
But it IS bigger on you too?

Anyone know what would cause that? I mean, if it turns out to be correlated with which 'hand' you use. Because my first thought was 'well, the right side of the brain would then be bigger too' except that aren't right handed people left brained in the sense that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 10:00:04 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
''one of the girls?...''
You''re so bad!!!!!
31.gif

My right hand is a 5 1/4 my left hand is 4 3/4 full.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Richard, I''m afraid so.
27.gif
Trying to keep it, uh, clean?
17.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m going to be perfectly honest here.

Almost every woman I''ve ever known was bigger on the right (my left) than on the left. Something I''ve noticed through the years.

I put it down to most people being right handed, with the right sides of their bodies being more "built up" than the left.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Richard, what's prompting the recent sauciness?
2.gif

IG, my two ring fingers are exactly the same size, which apparently is quite fortunate.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My left ring finger is a 4.5, my right ring finger is 4.75 but my right middle finger is a whole size larger than my left (strange). I think it is normal to have one hand with larger fingers than the other though. My nail beds are even slightly larger on my right hand (same with my right foot). I am right handed (I think that might have something to do with it).

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I''m not trying to be funny, or saucy. I''ve always wondered about it as well.

That''s the results of my small, independent survey, for what it''s worth.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif
Ah, so it''s not a large sample pool?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
There must be a lot of lop-sided ladies out there, because once, while I was lost in... I think it was Toronto, I happened upon a store that specialized in the relevant engineering: customized split size hydraulics (if you will).

I dont mean to be annoying, but does anyone know WHY we would grow bigger on our dominant side?

Harriet: are you, by any chance, at all ambidextrous?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG,
Great euphemism! And, no, I''m right-handed.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I''m right handed but my left foot is bigger than my right foot, by about half a size. It''s SO annoying finding shoes that fit well because of it! (It''s also extra hard because my feet are freakishly narrow yet a size 10, so most shoes that are long enough are way too wide. And that''s why I need expensive shoes!)

My right index finger and middle finger are noticeably larger than my left index and middle fingers. But the ring and pinky are almost exactly the same on each side. I think my right ring finger is maybe 1/8 of a ring size bigger than the left one.

Stuff like this really interests me for some reason. I love to look at people''s hands and feet because everyone''s are so different. And I like to figure out which of my siblings have my mom''s body parts and which of my siblings have my dad''s body parts. So interesting!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, my right hand ring finger is larger than the left, and it is due to greater use of the right hand. I''m not sure I''ve ever noticed other parts being different sizes!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
this thread needs pictures!!
hand pics with bling get your mind outa the gutter!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I believe I''ve read somewhere that the dominant hand is usually slightly bigger. I''m one of the odd ones or fortunate when it comes to ring sizing. I''m right handed, and my right ring finger used to be about a half size SMALLER than my left. Now it''s about the same size or a teeny tiny bit smaller (.25?). I get the same ring size so I can wear it on my right or left.

I played the violin for a couple of years. I''ve heard that if you play a string instrument, where you use your left hand a lot, you can build up some muscle. That would explain why someone''s left hand is slightly larger then their dominant right.

On a side note, my right forearm is larger than my left. I built up some muscle there when I used to bowl often.

LOL the conversation about the girls is cracking me up!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
My right ring finger is actually a smidge smaller than my left. My left is like a 5.75 and my right more like a 5.5. And I'm right handed. No explanation I guess!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This is very much the case with me. My left hand ring finger is a 7.75 while my right hand ring finger is a 6.25. I had a jeweller measure every finger and my left hand fingers are consistently 1.5 sizes larger than my right. And I''m right handed.
33.gif

On my upper body, everything on my left hand side is bigger. I have a muscular build, and my biceps on my left arm is about two inches larger than the one on my right. My left wrist is larger, my left shoulder is wider, etc.

On my lower half, everything on my right is larger. It''s so bizarre. A doctor once took detailed measurements of my bisceps, thighs, calves, etc. My right thigh and calf are noticably larger than my left and my right foot is about a half size larger (and wider).

A jeweller once told me that most women are one size larger on their dominant hand. As for a medical explanation, I''m not sure--my doctor told me that during my developmental stage, more testosterone was delivered to the left upper part of my body and the lower right side of my body. He said that it''s very normal, but in some cases (like mine) it''s more apparent.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My right finger is quite a bit bigger than my left. . .my left is 4.75 and my right is 6!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
My right hand ring finger is slightly smaller than my left. My ER and wedding band have been sized up to a 6.5, but I have since had sizing balls put in. When I had a RHR made, I measured a 6, and it is a tiny bit big. My jeweler said he had never seen anyone whose dominant hand was smaller than the non-dominant hand before.

My left foot is bigger than my right by about a half size.

The girls... not really sure, they seem about the same size though!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I''m another addition to the dominant ring finger is a tad smaller list. I guess it isn''t as uncommon as we were told!
3.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yep on all counts. Right handed.

My dentist once told me why...but then he gave me "Nitro"
2.gif
and I forgot what he said. He was corrrect when he guessed what side I sleep on. That gave me the creepies. He said, no silly I don''t have a camera in your bedroom, only in your mouth!

DKS

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m left handed, and everything on my right is smaller.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep my right fingers are slightly bigger. but my left foot is the bigger one by about 1/4 size, my right is smaller. as for the girls, yeah it's common i think for one to be a wee bit bigger than the other? if they are au natural, that is.
9.gif

i heard somewhere that your dominant side/hand is typically bigger because you use that hand/arm more. but who knows if that's true. i wonder if you are ambi if you are the same on both sides. hmm.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm...funny, I am the same as Mara...

My right hand is bigger...by almost a quarter of an inch. Ring size is 1/4 size bigger on the right.

Left foot is about 1/4 size bigger than my right.

As for the girls, I go against Richard''s theory...I''m right handed and the left girl is bigger.

I think my body is just generally confused.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I keep reading this as "is your right booger?"

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 10:21:01 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Harriet: are you, by any chance, at all ambidextrous?
Snlee''s response reminds me that I played the piano and violin (horribly) for a while. That may be why my fingers are the same size on both hands. No comment on the rest of me.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, I studied piano for years and years and years... maybe 13 years? Yes, that sounds about right. And I was HORRIBLE. Musicality was never a problem, but technique sure was. And it never got that much better, no matter how much I practiced.

Then about 5 years ago I went to a neurologist to get something weird checked (don't worry! it was nothing!) and after he did all his funny tests he said 'You're healthy. But don't ever take up an instrument!' When I asked him why he said I would have laughably bad coordination and technique, because I am, apparently, one of the most neurologically lop-sided people he has ever encountered. My right side was SO much more accurate and had so much better response times to neurological tests that he said it was bizarre. My left side is apparently not only consistently smaller, but really slow and stupid!
37.gif

So, there you go. All those years. Maybe I'd have been even MORE lopsided if I hadn't studied piano! And I did get an awful lot of pleasure out of it, even if I was rotten.
16.gif

Lopsided Gal. That should be my new screen name.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results