shape
carat
color
clarity

Is your hair or your makeup more important to have done?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I have naturally curly/wavy hair...I shower first thing when I get up, put some mousse in it and let it air dry 90% of the way, then spend about 5-10 minutes styling it (I add curl to some pieces, blow dry my bangs, they''re side-swept, and use a difuser to completely dry/set my hair). I don''t wear foundation, depending on what I''m doing that day I''ll do a sweep of 1 eyeshadow color, eyeliner, mascara and lip balm or nothing. If we''re going out socially I spend more time.

So I guess my answer is hair or both depending on what my schedule for the day is.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon, thanks! I thought it was pretty mild and gentle, it is mostly keratin which is hair protein, but not too sure about much of the other ingredients. I know it has much less alkaline than Japanese stuff, and only have talked to people who have loved the results, but not really looked into what is in it!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely makeup. I''m with MC--I refuse to leave the house without putting myself together, even if it''s just minimal makeup, hair, and a decent pair of jeans with a top. I''m not a sweats and old t-shirt gal.

However, I''m at work by 6:45 AM and I am NOT a morning person, so on the mornings when I stay up unusually late (because I''ve spent too much time on PS!) I''ll do my makeup and give my hair a quick blowdry when it''s at least 90% air-dried.

I have pretty long hair, and when it''s almost dry I make a smart jagged off-center part and pull it back in a neat, low ponytail. It actually looks very put-together, I must say.

I''m at the point where I can do all of my makeup and blow out my hair in 25 minutes, which may sound like a long time but it''s nothing compared to the 45 minutes I used to take before I started working so early. I have A LOT of hair, so that takes some time.

Makeup is always the priority, though, no contest.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
DF I found the article on the Brazilian straightening problem. It''s a big article in Allure magazine. The trouble is the product is full of formaldahyde! It''s sold under a few different brand names, including M&M, Brazilian blowout and some others. Find the Allure article before you do this ok!!
6.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
DF, Have you thought about Japanese Straight Perm / Thermal Reconditioning?

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Make-up, because my fiance tells me that people look at me funny when I wear a cap on my face.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, neither? I just comb it so that there's no tangles, and slap on some sunscreen/lotion and I'm out the door. I do this everyday, both for work and on weekends. I only make a "do" and put on some foundation with lipgloss on a special occasion. Somehow, I feel "underdressed" when I read about everyone blow drying their hair, and putting on foundation etc.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2007 1:39:42 AM
Author: monarch64
Hair first and foremost...I HAVE to blow-dry my hair every morning to get it looking decent! Makeup is done while driving (at stoplights only, don''t flame me!), and that only consists of powder, lip glass, and mascara (mascara applied only when I''ve reached my parking spot, I swear!), and sometimes a sweep of Nars blush/bronzer ( I have that duo compact), depending on whether I''m looking pale or not. But definitely I''m a hair first gal...if I don''t wash my hair every single day it looks flat and horrible even if I put it up into a twist or whatever. It''s very long and although there''s a lot of it, it''s pretty fine and just looks bad and unpolished no matter what i try to do to it unless I wash and blow it out.
I have very similar hair to yours Monnie - long, fine and plenty of it, however, I am a make-up gal myself. My hair is difficult, as it always seems to look frizzy, unless I add product, which always seems to weigh it down. Typically, I let my hair air dry and then it gets pulled back.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results