shape
carat
color
clarity

Is your hair or your makeup more important to have done?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
We''re back to the school year and my family is very rushed in the morning. It seems there are a lot of days where I need to choose between doing my hair & doing my makeup...or kind of half doing both. I was wondering which is more important to you to have done?

Do you look more "finished" with hair done and very little makeup or complete makeup and hair slightly messy?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hair definitely for me, then all I need to do is swipe on some concealer, mascara, blush and lip balm , so I can call it done.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hair always first. Then just the bare essentials: foundation, eyeliner, mascara and lip balm.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m in the makeup camp. My hair looks fine in a bun or ponytail. It''s wavy so I can get by with a bit of product in wet hair, too. But, if I didn''t wear makeup people may think I was a walking corpse. Between allergies and anemia, I sometimes have a very pale face and very dark circles so I AT LEAST need concealer, blush, and mascara. I would scare too many people otherwise
32.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2007 11:20:01 AM
Author:IslandDreams
We''re back to the school year and my family is very rushed in the morning. It seems there are a lot of days where I need to choose between doing my hair & doing my makeup...or kind of half doing both. I was wondering which is more important to you to have done?

Do you look more ''finished'' with hair done and very little makeup or complete makeup and hair slightly messy?
I was wondering about some time saving tips for hair for you, one thing I do is to never blow it dry from soaking wet, I always blast it about 90% dry until I start styling it. Or you could shampoo and dry it the night before, style, straighten it or whatever you do in the morning.

You could also try an all in one powder foundation if you like this look, I use one by Estee Lauder if I need a bit more cover and I find it really good.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hair 1st for sure.I like a low maintaince hair cuts...I am going today for my cut...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Makeup...if all else fails...I just screw on a lid and that rats nest is under wraps. (screw on a lid is Mr DKS''s way of saying enough already with the hair...put on a bball cap and lets roll.)

But batting those chemically treated... gooped...globbed...coated...exaggerated lashes...can''t be done until the magic wand does it''s thing. Make up first!!!!!

emangel.gif

DKS

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Make-up, definitely. I usually wear my hair up, just because I don''t have enough time in the morning to really style my hair (I have long, curly hair, so it''s a bit time-consuming to really style it). The only hair styling I do in the morning, besides throwing my hair up into a half-bun thing is straighten my bangs (I have side-swept bangs), and that only takes a minute or two.

Picos

Rough_Rock
I only do makeup when I''m bored before leaving.
9.gif
Unless of course I''m going out to a nice restraunt or to meet the in-laws or parents.

So, rarely do people see me with makeup and then it''s foundation and eyeliner.

The hair takes an hour & half to blow-dry...I think I''ve blow dried my hair twice this year! Normally it''s a quite blow-dry, run a comb and add some hair clips or up in the bun.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Make up then hair. I actually don''t do much with my hair, usually it air drys on the way to work. If I am having a really bad hair day then it goes in a bun or pony tail.
I must at least have foundation, powder, some sort of lip junk and mascara... those are the bare essentials for me.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Make-up for me..

Pony tail works fine with my hair too (I have long hair). I usually just let my hair air dry (with just some mousse to control the waves and just blow dry the front.) I only "do both" on the weekends if we are going somewhere.

M~

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
On non-work days I do absolutely minimal both! Concealer and mascara only and blow-dry only my bangs, the rest of my hair air-dries wavy. If it were exclusively one or the other, I''d do my minimal makeup and pull up my hair.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am in the need make up camp. I don't wear a lot of make up but my hair does not need a lot of attention. I think I have some pics of me w/o makeup (Hawaii pics) since it is impossible to keep the stuff on out there. I wear eyeliner, a dab of blush and lipstick and of course sunscreen. I would get an easy haircut to make it easier in the morning for you.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Neither. Hair is medium length and curly, so I run a brush through it or tuck it in a pony tail and it''s good. Skin looks fab since quitting smoking. Rub some water on it and throw on some sunscreen. If I were to "doll" up, (my way of saying doing it to the nines) the shock would be liable to kill people.
20.gif
This is all for early morning BTW. If I am going out with my honey, all bets are off.
11.gif
9.gif

shay

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 11:39:19 AM
Author: Miranda
I''m in the makeup camp. My hair looks fine in a bun or ponytail. It''s wavy so I can get by with a bit of product in wet hair, too. But, if I didn''t wear makeup people may think I was a walking corpse. Between allergies and anemia, I sometimes have a very pale face and very dark circles so I AT LEAST need concealer, blush, and mascara. I would scare too many people otherwise
32.gif

I''m sorry for this slightly off-topic Q, b for all those ladies who just swipe on some concealer, may I ask what brand you like?

(I''ve been noticing that whenever I put on under-eye concealer to hide dark shadows from poor sleep or allergies, it often settles poorly and makes the skin under my eyes look crepe-y/winkle-y! Can anyone recommend one with good coverage that doesn''t settle unflatteringly into skin and make you look ten years older than you are?)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 2:41:25 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis

I''m sorry for this slightly off-topic Q, b for all those ladies who just swipe on some concealer, may I ask what brand you like?

(I''ve been noticing that whenever I put on under-eye concealer to hide dark shadows from poor sleep or allergies, it often settles poorly and makes the skin under my eyes look crepe-y/winkle-y! Can anyone recommend one with good coverage that doesn''t settle unflatteringly into skin and make you look ten years older than you are?)
Are you putting a good eye cream under the concealer? Try Cliniques all about eyes cream (there is regular and rich formula. . .try the regular) and just put a little bit under each eye before applying the concealer.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I''m one of those people that has to have BOTH done or I look like crap! I NEVER leave the house w/out concealer and blush on, AND I will attempt to do my hair. . .but, if I''m in a hurry, I''ll put it up in a pony tail on mornings I drive my kids to school and definetly still have the concealer on.

Today after driving my son to class, I felt so blah that I got a few inches cut off my hair. It feels so much better!

It''s interesting watching the moms in the morning. . .some dress in sweats, and others get all decked out and many of us are stay-at-home-moms. I refuse to be seen in public with sweats. In fact, I don''t even own a pair. lol

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
HANDS DOWN makeup is more impotant for me. my hair is usually just wake up and go

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
It''s interesting how split everyone is on the hair vs makeup.

My hair is very frizzy (even too frizzy to put in a ponytail without doing something first!). In the summer I tend to just wet it down and go to work with some gel in it and scrunch it up so it curls (it''s only sort of wavy on its own). In the fall/winter when it''s too cold to go outside with wet hair (ice crystals are NOT flattering!) I will wash it the night before and let it air dry...usually going to bed with it slightly damp. Then the next morning I need to straighten or curl it or its a halo of frizz. But the good thing is if I take the time to do it on the first morning after I wash it, it will normally look decent with minimal touch-ups for the next few days. (My hair is colored & high-lighted so I only wash it maybe twice a week.)

I use the Bare Escentuals make-up which I love but those little jars take time to unscrew and then screw back on. Especially if I do eye shadow & eyeliner. I would like to find a container that would just snap on & off. I tried the 7 day pill boxes but they don''t seal tight enough.

So, I guess for me most days I do some of both. It''s pretty rare that both makeup & hair look good on the same day. On weekends I tend to skip makeup unless we''re going out to dinner or something.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the makeup camp. My hair is pretty easy - it''s super short and has lots of layers in it. I just part it when I get outta the shower, put some anti-frizz goop in it (John Frieda Sheer Blonde stuff), then blowdry. If it seems flat or is not laying right then I work in some pomade (Pantene Texturize It) and a touch of hair spray. If I''m really being lazy I''ll just use the anti-frizz goop and blowdry and leave it at that.

For everyday makeup I wear moisturizer, CoverGirl whipped foundation, eyeliner, mascara and bronzer. Sometimes blush and lipstick if we are going out. I MUST have on makeup to feel put together in the morning. My skin is okay (since getting off the pill) but needs some evening out. I love eyeliners but usually stick with a basic shimmery brown to play up my blue eyes.

Jess

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hair first. I look horrible if I don''t fix it up. I put on make-up for work or going out, but leave it off at home. I use sunscreen every day. Wish I had begun doing that decades ago....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
To me, hair and minimal makeup. I could be dressed to the nines and made up but if my hair is ratty nothing else matters. That said, if my skin looks awesome, I might just throw on sunscreen, which really would save time! I think put the time in your hair, and you can literally swipe on some powder, swirl some blush, add a touch of mascara and gloss and do that part in 5 minutes or less, and look much nicer. I can always do a pony tail or hair band, still, I hate it if it is frizzy or bushy or anything like that. So, I would rather the hair look good and put on a touch of makeup. Now, I get blow outs about three times a week because I cannot handle the brush and dryer with my fibro myalgia, but when I used to do my hair, that was my preference!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I am in a hurry I go for a light blend of both. I''ll put on foundation, lipstick and mascara, and put my hair in a sleek ponytail. This takes about 3 min.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hair.

You can always carry a little make-up with you and take a 5-min ''freshen up'' in the bathroom at work.

Not the case with the hair!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you have easy or manageable hair that looks great with not much work, the hair thing is a snap. I have nice hair but it is unruly and thick at times. I am actually looking into having the Keratin Brazilian hair straightening done. I have a consult next week. The girl where I am going has hair a lot like mine and she had it done. She told me she can leave the house with wet hair and it looks amazing when it dries, no more dryers and flatirons for her. And my trainer''s client, who researches everything, was going to get Frizz cure and looked into this stuff, did it, and is totally thrilled. For me, if I could eliminate one issue, the fact that my hair is MUCH higher maintenance without regular blow outs, then I might see it differently. I am so jealous of people who have straight or slightly wavy hair that does not frizz and they can wash and go...but my salon loves me, that is for sure!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hair first and foremost...I HAVE to blow-dry my hair every morning to get it looking decent! Makeup is done while driving (at stoplights only, don''t flame me!), and that only consists of powder, lip glass, and mascara (mascara applied only when I''ve reached my parking spot, I swear!), and sometimes a sweep of Nars blush/bronzer ( I have that duo compact), depending on whether I''m looking pale or not. But definitely I''m a hair first gal...if I don''t wash my hair every single day it looks flat and horrible even if I put it up into a twist or whatever. It''s very long and although there''s a lot of it, it''s pretty fine and just looks bad and unpolished no matter what i try to do to it unless I wash and blow it out.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely makeup. The only thing I do with my hair in the morning is brush it and away we go. It''s relatively straight and quite well-behaved except on windy days. Makeup on the other hand, I could never live without. I am naturally very pale with visible circles under my eyes so I look like something out of Night of the Living Dead without concealer, blush and tinted lip balm. Foundation I could live without. Daily routine is foundation, concealer, powder, blush and lip gloss. Takes me about 15-20 minutes to get ready. I use mascara and eyeshadow if we''re going somewhere nice, but usually I''m pretty casual with makeup.

I''m with fleur-de-lis about under-eye concealer. I''ve tried every brand and it usually doesn''t conceal enough or looks too cakey and unnatural. I always wear a good eye cream underneath, so not sure what I''m doing wrong. I do need a lot of extra help under the eyes, though. Can anyone recommend a good brand?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Makeup - mandatory. I can look eerily similar to a bag lady when I forego makeup. My hair is often a disaster and I just ignore it!

DF - before you do the Brazilian hair straightener, I have to look this up for you - I feel like I read something about a product like that containing some very toxic stuff. I''ll see if I can locate the article. If I don''t find it before your consult you might want to ask specificially.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2007 1:59:17 AM
Author: wolftress
Definitely makeup. The only thing I do with my hair in the morning is brush it and away we go. It''s relatively straight and quite well-behaved except on windy days. Makeup on the other hand, I could never live without. I am naturally very pale with visible circles under my eyes so I look like something out of Night of the Living Dead without concealer, blush and tinted lip balm. Foundation I could live without. Daily routine is foundation, concealer, powder, blush and lip gloss. Takes me about 15-20 minutes to get ready. I use mascara and eyeshadow if we''re going somewhere nice, but usually I''m pretty casual with makeup.

I''m with fleur-de-lis about under-eye concealer. I''ve tried every brand and it usually doesn''t conceal enough or looks too cakey and unnatural. I always wear a good eye cream underneath, so not sure what I''m doing wrong. I do need a lot of extra help under the eyes, though. Can anyone recommend a good brand?
Wolftress, actually DH uses an undereye concealor...he loves Neutrogena''s little tube of corrective copper something or other. I got him like 3 tubes of it last year and he''s hooked. It''s soooo great for correcting dark circles or even redness, I sometimes use a dot or two myself on blemishes. He takes it with him everywhere he goes (travels a lot). It''s not cakey, and only a very small dot is necessary for his huge puffy dark undereye circles each day. HTH.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2007 2:23:01 AM
Author: monarch64

Date: 9/29/2007 1:59:17 AM
Author: wolftress

Wolftress, actually DH uses an undereye concealor...he loves Neutrogena''s little tube of corrective copper something or other. I got him like 3 tubes of it last year and he''s hooked. It''s soooo great for correcting dark circles or even redness, I sometimes use a dot or two myself on blemishes. He takes it with him everywhere he goes (travels a lot). It''s not cakey, and only a very small dot is necessary for his huge puffy dark undereye circles each day. HTH.
Thanks Monnie! I''ll see if we can get that in Australia. I know we get all the skincare range. Is it a green-tinted concealer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results