shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this setting feminine enough?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

deggles

Rough_Rock
I''m going back and forth on a particular setting and can''t make up my mind. The fiance-to-be wants a simple, elegant, and feminine looking ring. Do you think this setting is feminine or is it kind of harsh? I like it, but I need another pair of eyes. Thanks again!

Whiteflash Crown.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
NOT HARSH...BUT PLAIN. I LIKE MORE DETAIL PERSONALLY

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is simple, elegant and feminine, yes!......all of the above!
2.gif
i think it would be perfect.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like simple and elegant rings too. The ring you posted is simple but too simple for my tastes.

I like the X-prong by Vatche (I think WF makes their own version too) which fits the bill of being simple yet elegant.
I also like the Champaigne Pave but that''s more of a personal taste. it might be too "busy" for some.

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
Yes, I think the ring is definitely all of the things she requested. I also love the X-prong, though, you may want to look into it, anyway!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think it is incredibly beautiful! I, too, love simple and elegant, and often feel a bit overwhelmed with many of the styles here. If your girl specifically requested "simple, elegant, feminine" I''d say this ring sums up her desires perfectly. Lovely lines, finishing looks flawless, lets that stone sing a pure and beautiful solo. Simply perfect!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love it! The lines curve up gracefully and I like the basket setting on the solitaire.

I think it''s VERY feminine.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because the shank tapers at the top, and the lines are very fluid, I think this design is very feminine. A pefect style for someone who wants elegance and femininity, yet simplicity, which it sounds like your girlfriend does.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
To be honest I like the lower version of that design without the cross bars.
Being that high and that shape it looks kind of off to me.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Just another opinion... I love basket settings and I think this ring has wonderfully graceful lines. I dislike rings that are too lightweight or skimpy. This looks substantial while still being feminine.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh I love this setting! Where did you find this setting??? This looks like a replica of the Cartier setting=)

deggles

Rough_Rock
This setting is similar to the Fine Line Platinum by Le, however, has been custom designed by Whiteflash to have a lower crown height and sloping prongs. My only conern, as aptly stated by Bagpuss, is that the basket setting almost looks like a cage around the diamond. I just can''t decide....
emcrook.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I personally love the basket setting! And that setting is exactly what I''m looking for! I was also told, though I don''t know if it''s true, that the prongs tend not to break as easily in a basket setting. Therefore, lower chance of loosing the stone.

luvn2oxfrd

Rough_Rock
i think it is perfect. but then again i am partial...it looks exactly like my setting :) i wanted a very simple setting to set off my amazing diamond and i think this setting does the trick!

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
I think the setting is simple and elegant. I love it.
36.gif

murray93

Rough_Rock
I think it fits the bill perfectly. And FWIW, I''d rather have a "cage" than a "claw."
2.gif
I''m sure your fiancee will be thrilled with that.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The basket area does look a bit cagey. I love the cartier version of this, but as I mentioned in another post just the other day, I think these types of settings ONLY look good with larger stones. Under a carat, the diamond will be completely overwhelmed by metal but over 1.5 carats or so, diamonds look FABULOUS in these kinds of baskets when low set. Add some pave diamonds and WOW (but not simple
3.gif
).

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m partial to the Cartier setting myself, so naturally I think this is both feminine AND elegant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results