shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a way to be formal without a tie?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps try a collar extender. They''re basically just a button with a loop of elastic attached that can make the collar of a shirt a little looser for the wearer. The button on the extender goes into the button hole on the shirt and the loop goes around the button on the shirt that was supposed to go into the button hole (if that makes any sense- you can google "collar extender" to get a better sense of what I''m talking about). This would let him get a shirt that fit his other dimensions better and then adjust the tight collar to fit him. If a tie is worn over the shirt, it totally hides the extender, so no one will even know it''s there. My husband got one for our wedding from a nice men''s clothing store. It cost of all of $3.00 and made him feel a lot more comfortable that day.

Alternatively(and perhaps on the other extreme of formality), would an adjustable bow tie be more comfortable?

Good luck finding something that works!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a guy. I have some shirts that a tie is very uncomfortable with. It''s simply that the collar is too tight with the top button buttoned. All shirts are cut a little differently and if I just go by the known size of a well fitted shirt for me, it doesn''t usually work for other brands. I don''t even feel like I''m wearing a tie when I wear a properly fitted shirt. I think if you go somewhere and get him properly fitted in a shirt, he''ll both look and feel great.

Treefrog

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results