shape
carat
color
clarity

Iolite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
It is difficult to judge iolites in pictures - they often look dead. The iolites I have seen in person have not been as fiery as the tanzanites I have seen, and the saturation has been more grayish. Without being any kind of expert, I suspect that if someone presented me with an iolite and a tanzanite of similar cut and size, I would easily be able to tell which was which.

The iolite in the top picture looks nice, though, if the colour is representative of what the stone really looks like.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/11/2010 1:41:50 PM
Author: ma re
Don''t take my word for it, but I think that pure blues are more sought after. But really, any nice, rich and deep color will be sought after, especially if there''s no grey visible in the stone.
Hi Kim and all tks for the replies! I do prefer the pure blues over the tananite violetish blue:)
Lovingdiamonds tks for the pretty reference, yes I saw it in Imposter gemstones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results