shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my new friend Melody

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
They are both so beautiful and I agree - what a lovely way to honor the memory of your sweet Mittens.

You have such a big heart and those gorgeous girls are so lucky to have found you
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an adorable kitten!!! Congrats!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see some more pics of Mademoiselle Micia and Melody too if she will show herself! I have had a cat like that, it took her time to settle, but she is fine now!

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Wellllllllll, maybe I spoke just a teensy bit too soon. Seems Melody peed on our bed (where she mostly lives) today. It was a very small spot -- I had to really stick my face in it almost just to make sure.

Sigh.

My sister was in town (long story, Navy move from Hawaii to VA) and her flight was canceled. She had to stay over with me one day and she had her stuff, her toddler and her cat. We kept Melody in our room and let the other cat stay in here. After they left, Melody peed on a soft beanbag-chair thingy we have. Just once.

So I see she''s marking her territory and I know she''s probably upset about Micia. Is there anything I can do? They have separate litter boxes in separate rooms. We leave melody''s bedroom door open while we''re at work -- the alone time for them is just 3 hours.

Should we close the bedroom up again and let Melody be a hermit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Why hello!!! Sooo cute, I
30.gif
30.gif
her!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly I have no words of wisdom just sympathy-not fun to have your belongings peed on. Best luck getting it sorted out.

Mrs.2Artists

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
You might get more bites if you started a thread with new attention grabbing name like "Oh No Kitty Pee Everywhere" or "Cats Gone Wild" (OK that''s a kinda a huge exaggeration) or "Cat owners help needed Melody thinks she is at Woodstock (in my bedroom)".

I don''t know it might help.
1.gif

Luck

Mrs.2Artists

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I assume you''ve already ruled out a medical issue for the urination?

Urinating is a lot of times stress related. You can try pheromone air fresheners (you wont smell them, but they relax the cat). You may also want to have a smaller area closed off with the cat with just the litter box and food. Once she''s consistently going in the litter, you can slowly expand her area. Also, you may want to try a different litter. Is she going at ALL in the litter box?

Good Luck with this! It''s a common problem with kitties, you just have to work with them a bit and you can usually fix the issue.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Thanks elledizzy, I was at the vets today for the other cat and they said we should check her out -- just as you said.

I''ll take her in. She hasn''t done it again, so far. I was just worried it was a behavioral thing but the vet nurses said we really should check her out. (Of course, it seems like they ALWAYS say to bring them in. Another $100 at least. Hee hee. I''m being snarky.)

And thanks, Mrs. 2Artists. I''m always nervous to start new threads. I keep wanting to start one with all to show off all my (very small wedding) wedding stuff and I can''t bring myself to do it. But if Melody keeps doing it or I get vet news, I may start one for more advice.

P.S., I like your thread title suggestions. Heh heh heh!
9.gif

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Hee hee. See my new avatar. Mademoiselle Micia. A bit stretched out (the jpg, I mean)

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Molly...I started thinking about what I remembered about Melody, but I knew your avatar was of a Maine Coon and I was totally confused! I started to tear up when I realized you took the one I fell in love with, too! I know she is so much older, but Micia is so very precious, and I know you did the right thing by fostering her, too! So sorry to hear Melody is marking things up...has that lessened up at all? God, I''m a blubbering sap and REALLY want to go rescue a kitty right now, but I have to make sure everything else is in order around here first so that I can make sure I have plenty of time to spend with my new furbaby!

I am so happy for you and your new little loves, and I''m excited to hear how the wedding planning is going, it is just around the corner for you...it seems I have so many threads to catch up on one of these days, but I''ll sure try! Congrats on the new love bugs!

HUGS!!!

Love,
Shannon

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Reading about ''stalker kitty'' aka Victoria made me want to update on my own two girls. Melody (the black-and-white) returned home today after having a bladder stone removed. Poor thing. We think this may have had something to do with her reclusive-ness and a LOT to do with her problem of peeing on my spot on the bed.
39.gif

Wouldn''t you know this all came to a head late last week and we leave THIS MONDAY for Virginia for our wedding! Nice timing.

Micia is fabulous and is now curled up on top of FI''s suitcase which I have put out on top of a high table to remind him to PACK! She looks hilarious up so high reclined like the Queen of Luggage.

I will post more pics of the girls when we get back. OH! And I''m taking my little pawprint of Mittens (those of you that remember my saga) to put somewhere at our wedding ceremony next week. That is, if I don''t forget it due to overstressedness. Ha.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Molly,

Just wanted to wish you well at your wedding! I''m so glad Melody is feeling better, and I think it is a wonderful sentiment to take Mittens paw prints with you to your wedding. Micia sounds like a hoot, and I''m glad to hear things are looking up. I can''t wait to hear how your wedding goes...I hope you have a fabulous time!

Love,

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dear Harleigh!

Thank you so much for your sweet words. And thanks for the wedding wishes; it''s so sweet of you to remember. We leave in about an hour for the airport. I slept from 9pm (got to bed early!) until midnight. Both me and FI are wide awake. Finally at 2am I just got up and had coffee. Of course had to check PS before signing off for good.

Melody and Micia are boarded at the vets so they can monitor Mel''s recovery. We''re so happy we have both of them. We had to drop them off on Saturday and Sunday was SO lonely without them.

I''ll post pictures when I get back of the wedding. I''m so excited and everything is blurring together, I''ve been waiting so long to get back to see my family (almost a year!) that I can''t sit still just because of THAT. Not to mention the wedding on Thursday. Truthfully, I''m a little scared about the ceremony. I hate to say this but I kind of can''t wait until it''s done and then I can just relax. That sounds awful but it really isn''t.

much love,

Molly

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the update-I was wondering how things were going with your feline family. Poor little Melody I hope that she feels much better soon-that must have felt awful for her.
7.gif

I love the mental image of Micia Queen of Luggage!

What an exciting week for you. Take time to enjoy it and have fun!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Best wishes!

Mrs.2Artists

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results