shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my new friend Melody

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Special thanks to everyone here who helped me through my ordeal with Mittens.

This is a picture from my phone, taken just before Melody found her hiding space under the bed. I''ll post more when she comes out; she''s still getting used to us.

Melody.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Awwww Matilda she is just precious :) I just want to snuggle her, I can''t wait to see more pictures :):):)

spike13

Shiny_Rock
AWWWW! She''s a real little cutie!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Oh she is precious! Congrats on your new kitty!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cute! Congrats and post more photos!!!!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
You made the right choice. Its clear how skittish she is, but with your love I am sure she will thrive.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Yay for bringing a new kitty home!!! Congrats to you and Melody! I''m sure you will be very happy together!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww! She''s adorable! Congrats on your new kitty and so sorry about Mittens. You sound like a wonderful kitty mom!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Melody is just precious. Sorry about Mittens. Hoping Melody brings you lots of joy!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweet looking girl. She will hopefully adjust in no time. I''m so glad you took her in!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bless her! I am so sorry for your loss Matilda, you have done a wonderful thing in adopting sweet Melody!!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I am so thrilled for you. She looks like such a complete darling. What an absolute doll. I am sure your dear Mittens is smiling on you. This is a wonderful way to honor Mittens memory. I can''t wait to see a million more picture of her and hear cute stories about your new friend Melody.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh she is just too precious for words - what a cutie!
30.gif
30.gif

I really hope she settles in quickly and is soon less fearful - I have no doubt that if anyone can bring her out of her shell, it will be you
1.gif

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
thanks so much, everyone! I can''t wait to put up another picture or ten. (ha ha.)

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations Melody looks beautiful.Wishing you both the very best.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello Precious. You have an amazing mommie I know you are going to love. Welcome to your forever home!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww she''s so beautiful! Enjoy her!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Oh, she is sooooo sweet, and being a tuxedo kitty reminds me so much of our Sammy as a baby
30.gif
35.gif

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Melody is doing great; she''s a little lovebug. We love her dearly and I think she''s really happy. She is, however, a sort of hermit. She lives under the bed, though we catch her venturing out of the bedroom occasionally. Mostly she is content to live in the room. She goes up on the bed when she''s brave and sleeps there for hours. She comes up with us at night.

This got us thinking....

What if we were to "foster" Micia? (The Maine Coon that''s 11 yrs old that I was agonizing over deciding between her and Melody.)

So we brought home Micia last weekend. Friends, can I tell you how great it''s going? I''ve never seen FI so happy about cats. She was a grump/bully/sourpuss at the shelter but she is a snuggle sweetheart now that she''s got the run of our (small) living room and kitchen area.

I can''t wait to tell Harleigh (she loved the pic of Micia) when she gets back! And I couldn''t wait to tell all of you who sent me support a few months ago when I lost Mittens.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Here she is!!

mademoisellemicia.jpg

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
We''re in a one-bedroom apt., so Melody lives in our room. Her litter-box, food & water are all there. She hides when she needs to and calls to us sometimes when we''re out in the main part of the apartment. We go in and give her love or (she''s a talker) just talk back to her and she seems to like it.

Micia is set-up out in the living room. She sleeps in the (we knew it) one nice piece of furniture we have; a gorgeous ultra-suede easy chair that was given to us. (We cover it with a quilt, but who am I kidding, I did that before the cat! FI would spill!) She can open cupboards with her GIANT paws. She occasionally goes to the bedroom door and she and Melody hiss back and forth, like, "Yoohoo. I''m just letting you know I''m here" But of course with a little attitude. That''s it. They both eventually retreat to their own places.

I don''t know if Melody will ever really come out. I don''t think the addition of Micia has set her back in any way (my biggest worry.) I''m glad we got Melody first because she is not a "family cat" -- she almost seems like someone abused her. Though the shelter says the only thing they can think of is that she may have been with her dead owner for some time before the body was found. Aieeee!

But what I''m trying to say is we are so happy and the cats seem happy and what better way to honor Mittens'' memory?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awww, matilda, they are both beautiful cats and I am sure they LOVE being part of your happy home. How lovely that you have adopted them both! I think it is a wonderful way to honour Mittens. You are so sweet.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matilda, I felt such a surge of joy when I heard you had given Micia a home too!!! Something about her struck a chord with me before, so I am absolutely delighted that you are now her Mommy!!!! You are a wonderful person for giving these two cats such a fantastic home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 1:52:14 AM
Author: matildawong
Hi Everyone,

What if we were to ''foster'' Micia? (The Maine Coon that''s 11 yrs old that I was agonizing over deciding between her and Melody.)
(squeal of delight) Matilda! I am so happy for your little family! Melody is just a cutie. Micia has this dignified look. I thought the label of her picture was perfect. She certainly looks like a Mademoiselle Micia
5.gif
. Thanks for sharing!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s great! Micia is gorgeous and I''m glad Melody is doing well, too! I have a Maine Coon girl myself (also a rescue) and she is too much fun. I love Maine Coons! Maybe someday the two can even be friends? Stranger things have happened!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
matilda, both of your babies are adorable! We want more pictures!

Sorry to hear about Mittens.
7.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
They are both soooo beautiful! That is the best way that you could ever honor your dear Mittens. I am so happy that things are going well with your two lovely kitties.

I would not be at all surprised if Melody continues to come out of her shell with all the love that you guys give her. Sounds like it is quite possible she went though some very unfortunate things. I know it would take me a while to feel safe if I was a cat that had been through that.

I love how you describe them-I can tell that you really really love them. They are both such lucky cats to have you to care for them and love them!

I am so happy for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mrs.2Artists

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
oh! Thanks so much everyone for your kind wishes and words.

Maybe they will become friends someday. Hee! (Thing2of2)

You know what''s funny? Micia really has that something .... my mom even offered to take her (she''s in VA, I''m in CA) when she saw her picture.

I''ll put up a few more pictures. Micia (the shelter pronounced it "Meh-SEE-uh" but my sister and I wonder if the owner meant "MEE-sha". My mom says "MY-see-uh". Heheh.) is verrrry photogenic.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww that''s great that you took the two of them! How lucky they are that you adopted them. They''ll have a great home.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results