shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chelleliz

Rough_Rock
Me: Michelle, 24
Him: Matthew, 26
Started dating: November 11, 2005
How we met: Through my best friend, who worked with him. We were just great friends for awhile (in fact, I sort of dated his roommate for a couple of weeks) and then all of a sudden we both realized we would be perfect together, and it''s been perfect ever since!
Expecting engagement: within the next year... I can''t wait that long
7.gif

Anything else: Glad I found this board -- I am the only one of my girlfriends in a serious relationship, so they don''t understand all of the "I want to get engaged!" talk.
1.gif

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
Me: 25
Him: 32
Started dating: December 23, 2004
How you met: At my job, he was one of my customers...
Expected engagement date: February-April 2008, depending on how long it takes me to find a diamond I like and then for the setting to be custom made. I also told him not to propose on Valentine''s day becuase it would be too cheesy for me.
face4.gif

Anything else you want to add?: As much as I''ve been using the other forums on this site for information, advice, entertainment.. etc. I felt that I should officially present myself.
face23.gif

By the way, this site is totally addicting.

LiveLaughLove

Rough_Rock
Me: 22
Him: 24
Started dating: July 2005
How you met: Long story! But I like to think it was fate.
30.gif

Expected engagement date: I'm not in any rush. I just joined this site because once we hit the 2 year mark, I've been thinking about engagement a LOT lately. I've always knew he was the one for me, but lately I'm feeling so happy at the thought of spending the rest of my life with this man.
30.gif
I'm hoping we'll be engaged by 2009, because I'll hopefully be done with school by then.
Anything else you want to add?: I'm glad I found this site! It's great...but so addicting.
35.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Me: 23
Him: 24
Started Dating: Feb 18, 2007
How we met: We knew each other in high school, our moms have worked together for a decade, but when it mattered we met at work.
2.gif

Expecting engagement: Yes?
3.gif
Haha not for awhile, but hopefully in the next year to year and a half, when
22.gif
permits.
Anything else? I wouldn''t have found my dream setting or known where to get a good stone without this site!! I think I''m on here more than actually working...hmmm, that''s a problem.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I have been here a while but never remembered to do this D''oh :razz: better late then never

Me: 27
Him: 33
Started dating: April 25th 1998
How we met: At a now defunct night club in the valley he asked me for a light we had a chat invited me to a rave the next week and gave me a chuppa chup it was a match made in heaven :)
Expecting engagement: Sometime in/after May next year when we go to Europe
Anything else: Glad I found pricescope :) not only will I get the sparklie diamond of my dreams and be informed but I have found a place to vent and chat it is great :)

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I lurk a lot and have posted a couple times, so I guess I should introduce myself, too!

Me: 25
Him: 28
Started dating: October 2005
How we met: At work. We worked in completely different sides of the organization, so we didn''t know each other until some mutual friends introduced us...and the rest is history!
Expecting engagement: Not anytime soon. I don''t think I''m technically a LIW because I''m not really ready to get engaged at the moment, but I do want to be with him always. My best guess is that we''ll get engaged sometime in the next couple of years, and married in maybe 3-4.
Anything else: It''s funny that I found this site, because I''m not at all a jewelry wearer! But I do find everyone''s jewelry beautiful, gems themselves are fascinating, and I like the community here, so I''ve hung around.

TheOptimist

Rough_Rock
I lurk a lot so I should just come out and introduce myself.

Me: 26
Him: 26
Started dating: October 2006
How we met: Someone invited him out with us. We clicked from the second we said hello. I knew I liked him right away. But it was very unexpected.
Expecting engagement: Not anytime soon probably. I think in a year or so.
Anything else: Nope just happy to have found the board.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Me: Beth, 26
Him: S, 25
Location: Central Minnesota (an hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul)
Started dating: November 7, 2005.
How we met: In high school, when I was 17 and he was 16, we had expository writing class together, and many mutual friends. He was one of many crushes I''d had, and we went on a date after I graduated, then kept in touch by e-mail over the college years. He found himself studying abroad in Japan and being homesick, and so he Googled me to find me again. Being "just friends" was horrible; I''m pretty convinced he''s the one.
Expecting engagement: Probably by our third anniversary, but I am impatient to tha maxx!!
Anything else: I''m ESFJ, he''s ENFP. The J/P is our downfall. Also, I blame my friend whose family owns a jewelry store in my city for inciting my jewelry/engagement ring fever--when a friend tempts you with a discount on diamonds, it''s hard to wait.
28.gif

thedreamer

Rough_Rock
Me, J: 23 (in december)
Him, A: 24
Started Dating: July 2005
How we met: We had the same friends, and were actually close friends for about 9 months before we started dating
Expecting engagement: Not for a long time. . . hoping the ''I don''t need to marry you to show I love you'' feeling will change as our lives become more secure and we grow together.
Anything else: Just wanted to actually come out and say hi, this is who I am :) you ladies gave me wonderful advice a few months ago and I have lurked since then and I wanted to introduce myself formally so I wouldn''t feel weird posting!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Him: 43
Started dating: September 30, 2006
How you met: through a friend over 2 years ago
Expected engagement date: 12/31/07
Anything else?: As you see, he is quite a bit older than me, but it''s great. There are a couple of kinks we''re trying to smooth out and I know that''s why he is waiting. I still think we are going to make it till the end.

*WildBlueYonder*

Rough_Rock
Me: Allie, 20, student/flight instructor
Him: Preston, 23, airline pilot
Started dating: October 16, 2006
How you met: In the middle of nowhere, AZ at a flight school. He was an instructor at the time, I was a student.
2.gif

Expected engagement date: "Soon" (he needs to gather up the courage to ask my dad, first...and save money for the ring, hehe)
Anything else you want to add?: I''m excited to spend TONS (too much) of time on here, so glad I found this site!

Lnicegirl

Rough_Rock
Me: Tia, 28
Him: Lawrence, 28
Started dating: In college in 1998; off and on over the years. Offically on in 2005 with full mature commitment.
How we met: In college, freshmen year, in English 101.
Expecting engagement: by Valentine''s Day 2008
Anything else: I am trying to be paitient.

CrushGirl

Rough_Rock
Me: 24
Him: 25
Started dating: Oct. 2001
How we met: In College
Expecting engagement: Goodness- I hope soon- probably within the next year or so
Anything else: I am glad I found this board- maybe i can get my -" I want to get engaged "talk out here and not constantly have to talk to my boy about it.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Me: 32
Him: 35
Started dating: October 22, 1999
How you met: At a nightclub ... shhh don't tell anyone ... (it really does happen & work)
30.gif

Expected engagement date: As soon as he devises a masterplan & a way to surprise me
27.gif

Anything else:

My boyfriend and I have been looking at rings forever! We are finally narrowing down our options and seeking education and information about diamonds and settings has brought me/us to PS. ... Maybe, just maybe we might decide on something soon! I can't wait. I'm so excited to be nearly engaged. We've been together for so long that countless other people around us can't wait either!

We met at a club, as tawdry as that seems, however, he was truly a gem. Unparalled as far as I am concerned. I saw him and hated him immediately because I thought that he was just some loser professional sports player who was coming to hang out and pick up cheap chicks, however, he was hot. I had to give him that. His friend asked me to dance but I wasn't interested. While at the bar getting something to drink, he tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around said "yes" with a funky attitude (for no apparent reason, other than that I hated him for no reason). He then proceeded to say "You are a very beautiful lady and if you would like to dance with me, I would love to dance with you later"!! Pretty smooth, huh? A free compliment! No strings attached ... no expectations ... just a random act of something nice to say. So unexpected! I muttered something and turned around and then proceeded to engage in a ridiculous silent dialogue with myself about what an idiot I was for being such a jerk. How's that for a quick turnaround? Hate to hmmm interesting in 0.5 seconds!

Needless to say I did find him later on that evening, whilst basically almost physically bumping into him because I was looking for him all over the place except for right in front of me

35.gif
... Not my proudest moment ... The rest brings us to today ... 13 years later. He is a fantastic guy and still cannot believe how incredibly lucky I was to have met him and to have had him grace my life for all these years and hopefully for many more years to come.

I would love to attach a picture of both of us but he doesn't like that kind of stuff ... I will post picture of me and hope I don't end up on some Psychos anonymous website or something else equally as sketchy.

Hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about me ... Look forward to seeing & learning about all your sparklies & stories on PS.

I added a "pic", as promised *** HOW DO I DELETE THIS Supersized Monster? It is obscenely large!!! I've gone in to edit it but I can't delete the attachment* HELP, please!! **

Smiley.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh!! I''m traumatized ... Sorry the picture is so huge. I''m still getting used to this ... Is there any way to delete this monster?

beesknees

Rough_Rock

Him:

Started dating:
4 years ago

How we met:
We met at work. We were friends first since we weren't sure if dating at the workplace would be a good idea or not, but we eventually started dating secretly and then and we both moved on to different jobs. He's now a firefighter and I'm a network engineer (AKA - nerd)
41.gif

Expected engagement:
I sure hope it's soon. We picked out a memoire engagement ring 3 months ago and I've just been waiting...and waiting...and waiting...!!!

Anything else:
Like everyone else I'm trying to be patient, but it's extremely hard. So I spend most of my time (maybe too much time) on PS looking at everyone's rings and dreaming about mine.
9.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Me: Rachel, 23
Him: Jeremy, 29
Started dating: June 2002
How we met: We met when I was 16 and we both worked at the same place, we both knew instantly we wanted to be together, but my age at the time kind of prohibited that.
Expecting engagement: hopefully soon!
Anything else: I''m happy I found this board so I can see that other people are going through the same waiting process!

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Princess: Erin 23 Admin. Asst.

Prince: Eric 27 Soon to be LAPD

Castle Location: Saugus, California

Started dating: February 17, 2005

How you met: EMT class... hehe He was the teachers assistant and I was a student. A big no no but with a VERY happy ending. :) Feel free to ask all the details. :)

Happily Ever After: Oh goodness I hope soon. I can''t wait to be his wife. :) And it would be ideal to have the proposal at Disneyland since I am "slightly" obsessed... hehe

Anything else you want to add?: I am honored to be a part of this wonderful site. I can''t wait to make new friends and hear each individual story. :)

P.S. If anyone know how to put a picture on here, please let me know. :) Thanks!! I would love to show you all a pic of my darling and I.

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I believe I did it - I attached it to this post. :)

Please check to make sure I did it correctly. :)

Thank you!!

resizedericanderin.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Somehow I missed this thread when I came to PS. I''m adding myself and the DH now so you''ll know more about us.

Me: 48 (now, but almost 35 when we met)
Him: 52 (now, but almost 39 when we met)
Started dating: January 1994
How we met: A mutual friend (elderly lady) thought we should go to lunch and get to know each other. We started as just friends and love grew! We never again dated anyone else after we met!
Engagement: June 2006 is when we finally bought our stone and chose a setting. We had been looking for some time.
Wedding: October 2007; a lovely intimate wedding at an inn with 58 guests. Thirteen years between first date and wedding may be some kind of record here on PS, I don''t know! I would love to attach our picture, but I''m getting error messages instead of attached files. I have some posted in BWW if you would like to see us.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 7:13:34 PM
Author: HollyS
Somehow I missed this thread when I came to PS. I''m adding myself and the DH now so you''ll know more about us.

*snip the rest*
Yay, Holly, thank you for posting this! I love learning more about PSers, especially the ones who post often enough for me to remember their names.
1.gif

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
Me: Bridget, 39
Him: Tom, 46
Started dating: August 2005

HOW WE MET: Match.com. I'd actually seen him perform with his band in the 80s, was very interested....but saw the wedding band and backed off. We know a lot of the same people, went to a lot of the same places at the same time, etc - basically circling around each other for years without making any contact or meeting. He was married for 20 years and I went through a lot of crappy relationships, including being married to my son's father.

When we met on Match, he seemed familiar but I couldn't place him until he told me his band's name (and they are still around 20 years later, by the way!). And I was, like, "Wow! I used to go see you guys all the time!" In my late teens and early 20s, I used to go clubbing all the time -- and then I started college, got a job that had me traveling all the time, then I had my son....so I hadn't had the opportunity to go to any local clubs in many many years. He'd changed a lot since I saw him last - not in a bad way....just more man-like as opposed to pretty boy-like. He's a little beefier (I love my men big, and at 6'6" and over 250, he is BIG!), his hair is not as long and it turned to that fantastic salt and pepper as opposed to the jet black it used to be.

EXPECTED ENGAGEMENT DATE: No idea, but it'd be great if it was soon (not holding breath though)

ANYTHING ELSE: Want a champagne asscher in a halo setting with a delicate eternity band.

I'm including a pic of us with my son and his daughter. Funny how our kids look alike, isn't it? When my boyfriend was younger, he looked like Freddie Mercury from Queen, only with long curly hair (hey, it was the 80s!) and a moustache. Now, he reminds me a lot of Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers, who I think is the most delicious man ever. Men with salt and pepper hair are hothotHOT!

Bridget in Connecticut.

us and kids.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock

Me: 27

Him: 29

Started dating: 3 years ago

How we met: Sort of a funny story. On a whim I responded to a personal ad on CraigsList. Ken lived about 30 minutes away from me and after a few weeks of email and IM conversations we decided to meet for lunch in the city where both of us worked. Turns out that we worked in the same building! We were one floor away from each other for more than a year before we met. That lunch turned into several meetings in the building cafeteria and it has been all downhill from there.

Expected engagement: No idea yet! We started talking about getting more serious a few months ago. He asked me to pick out a ring, which I did. All info has been passed onto him so now I have to try and be patient…

Anything else: I saw someone linked to a knitting thread so I’ll have to go bump that up. I’m a long-time knitter and am now learning to quilt. Fun stuff!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Me: 24 - stay at home gf and mom of our 1st born (No..not a baby, a husky mix that I just adore!!)
9.gif

Him: 26 - Software Engineer / Programmer for a big hospital and also owns a side business

Started dating:
8 years ago
How we met: My friend worked with him.

Expected engagement:
Ummm....maybe by end of this year? Keeping my fingers crossed!
1.gif

Anything else:
27.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me: Liz, 25, former pastry chef, currently a student working on my BA in Psychology

Him: Dale, 25, PhD student

Started dating: I say April 7, 2006 he says May 5, 2006 because it''s easy to remember, but April is when we met and May is when we made it official.

How you met: On myspace.
20.gif
About Feb/March 2006. I had just gotten out of a crappy relationship and created a second, very simple profile to make new friends on, and I saw his picture (it was of baby turtles) and sent him a friend invite. He was in an unhappy long term relationship at the time, and slightly because of me, but mostly because he was unhappy, he ended it, and she moved out. We talked on the phone for the first time a few nights after she left and talked from about midnight to dawn. Then we met face to face on April 7th, while we watched Team America: World Police with my best friend at the time. But he wanted to take things slow since he was very newly single. On May 5th, he took me to Las Vegas for the first time, and told me that he wanted me to be his girlfriend as soon as we drove onto the strip.
30.gif

Expected engagement date: Who knows. Started looking at rings February of 2007. Now he''s got a detailed plan of what I want. Blue topaz oval solitaire, 2mm platinum, 1.5/2 carats.
30.gif
30.gif

Anything else you want to add?: I wish he would understand that it''s not the ring thats important to me, I told him I''d be happy with a piece of string, or a $200 stackable sterling gemstone ring from Tiffany''s if he insisted on buying something, but I gave him the instructions to make it easy on him. He''s a student and very practical, and won''t ask until he''s financially stable enough to support us. I should mention that my mom has breast/liver cancer and has been given a grim diagnosis, and about a year and a half ago was told that she had 6 months to two years to live, since then she went into remission, but just over a week ago she was told that it came out of remission, and started chemotherapy for the 4th time this past week. If there is nothing else I could have, it would be to have my mom see me get married. And if that means getting married in a courthouse, that''s fine, I just want her there to see it.
7.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add this and I don''t know how to go back...
I hope it works...

cutepic.jpg

designchica

Shiny_Rock

Me: Meredith, 31, Interior Designer & Architect
Him: Corey, 27, Business owner
Started dating: June 2006
How you met: Through a coworker out at the lake one afternoon.

MC Christmas.jpg

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Me: Caitlin, 22, Full time student
Him: Josh, 24, Navy Corpsman
Location: I am in Northern Cali, and hes in Southern Cali(well, was)
Started Dating: November 22,2004
How we met: We picked each other on an online dating site..We have been talking ever since
Expected engagement: No idea... We''ve looked at rings but hes since been deployed..He told me to keep looking, And we will shop when he gets home.
Addition: Hes in the navy and i am a full time student.. Our whole relationship has been long distance but its a really strong relationship. Hes going to be getting out of the navy later this year and starting college; which is where all the engagement unknowns come from.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2008 6:55:15 PM
Author: stryeyes102
Me: Caitlin, 22, Full time student
Him: Josh, 24, Navy Corpsman
Location: I am in Northern Cali, and hes in Southern Cali(well, was)
Started Dating: November 22,2004
How we met: We picked each other on an online dating site..We have been talking ever since
Expected engagement: No idea... We''ve looked at rings but hes since been deployed..He told me to keep looking, And we will shop when he gets home.
Addition: Hes in the navy and i am a full time student.. Our whole relationship has been long distance but its a really strong relationship. Hes going to be getting out of the navy later this year and starting college; which is where all the engagement unknowns come from.
Welcome, stryeyes! We''re glad to have you here!

Where in Nor Cal are you?

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Im in the bay area, about 35 minutes north of san jose

Are you in norcal as well?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results