shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellybelly

Shiny_Rock
Me: Kelly, 30
Him: Christopher, 29
Started dating: February 2006
How you met: my coworker was his friend and she kept saying "i know this great guy and i think you two would really hit it off." she was right!
Expected engagement date: probably in the next month or so
Anything else?: all of this anxiety is making me crazy! but it''s all for a good cause.
1.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Me: 23

Him: 29

Started dating: That''s a bit tricky...for all intents and purposes it''s been a little over a year, but we only decided to get serious and start planning for the future in June.

How you met: He currently works in the same building as my dad. He became friendly with my parents through a mutual interest in food and wine when they started a wine club with a few people. My dad first introduced us in December of 2004 when I was in college, but then I was out of the country living in Enland for 7 months. When I came back, we bonded over a mutual love of MST3K and started hanging out. I left again for my senior year and only saw him on holidays. After I graduated, we really started seeing a lot of each other. I moved to Los Angeles (about 100 miles away) in October, but we still saw each other most weekends and talked on the phone and online a lot during the week. In June, we decided that we were going to get serious about our relationship and he started preliminarily looking for a job in LA.

Expected engagement date: Not for a while...we''ve talked about it and it sounds like it will probably be 1-2 years from now.

Anything else you want to add?: I''ve been lurking for a while, partly because I felt a little silly about coming on here after we only just decided to get serious, but it''s such a nice community that I couldn''t wait any longer. I know it''ll be a little while before we take that next step, but a girl can dream, right?

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Me: Melissa, 22
Him: Kyle, 22
Started dating: November 26, 2002
How you met: Through a mutual friend.
Expected engagement date: "Soon"... as he says.
Anything else?: Thank you for having a site where us ladies can come and vent our "waiting frustrations!!"
3.gif

jakesgirl2

Rough_Rock
Me: Amy, 28

Him: Jake, 26

Started dating: May 5 2006

How you met: I decided to join my sister and some of her friends at a local bar for her birthday, he decided to join his roommate for a night out. We ended up at the same bar (just so happens years ago this bar was a restaurant, and was where my parents had their wedding reception) He came over to talk to us and we have been together ever since, moved in together Oct 2006.

Expected engagement date: Very soon, I think within the next week, I KNOW he has the ring and we are taking a trip to Vegas next week

Anything else?: I just want to thank everyone here for being wonderful and making me feel welcome!

cl2ysta1

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 3:37:12 AM
Author: loveforfire

How you met: facebook [omg embarrassing!]
emembarrassed.gif
we lived in the same dorm.

lol thats cute!!!!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 6:10:33 PM
Author: whenharrymetsally
Hi Everybody,
I''m a new poster, but have been a quiet lurker for quite a while now. I figured it would be rude not to introduce myself so here I am!!
1.gif

Me: 34
Him: 36
Started dating: June 26, 1999
How you met: mutual circle of friends
Expected engagement date: hopefully soon! The ring has been ordered but he says i''m not allowed to wear it yet!
2.gif
Waiting for the ''formal'' proposal!

If case anybody is wondering about the name, for those of you that have seen the movie, it took Harry & Sally 11 years to realize how much they meant to each other. We''ve been together almost 8 years now and one of the very first gifts he gave me was this move. I knew I''d be waiting a while for the ring but I can say its been worth the wait
I figured it was about time i put up a picture of us!! He finally popped the question this past July so i don''t have to worry about him seeing this anymore!! :)

smallsb.jpg

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
whenharrymetsally - you and fi make such a cute couple!

BrilliantNikki

Rough_Rock
Me: Nikki, 25
Him: Jonathan, 26

Started dating: December 6, 2002

How you met: Through mutual friends
Expected engagement date: Who knows?

Anything else you want to add?: I have read a lot of your posts and relate to almost all of them! I am excited about no longer waiting around by myself!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
Me: Julie, 23
Him: Peter, 25
Started dating: Met years ago, started dating 12/16/06 but made it official a few weeks later on 1/2/07
How you met: At church
Expected engagement date: We plan to be married this time next year, so hopefully soon! We''ve decided on THE ring and he just has to go back and buy it! Since I took the surprise out of the ring, from here on out, the ball''s in his field. My bday is in Dec, our anniversary in Jan. and Valentine''s Day in Feb, so he has plenty of "opportunities"! Hahah. I wish...I hope SOON!
Anything else you want to add?: This site rocks my socks! Its so nice to know that there are in the same boat as me!

DSC000276.JPG

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
Me: Julia, 35

Him: Rob, 37

Started dating: November 23rd, 2006

How you met: on a train from Seattle, WA to Portland, OR

Expected engagement date: After May 2008

Anything else you want to add?: I have only dreamed of having a relationship like the one I have with Rob. I can''t wait to be his wife someday!
9.gif

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Me: 29
Him: 29
Started dating: ~10 years ago
How you met: We had every class together our senior year in high school and became the best of friends. We started dating during college.
Expected engagement date: The sooner, the better.
Anything else you want to add?: Thanks to everyone who contributes to PS. You all seem like great people.

ckillilea

Rough_Rock
Me: Crystal, 26
Him: Raddy, 38
Started dating: May 19, 2004
How you met: At the hospital where we both work. He followed me into the elevator on my way out. I knew the minute I saw him that I would marry him. Although it took him months to finally ask me out, I went home that day and told my roommate he was the one. About a year later I found out he just rode to the basement on the elevator and just wanted to talk to me.
26.gif

Expected engagement date: Hopefully soon...as soon as we can pick a ring! We are both very picky AND indecisive--not good for ring shopping.

prncessang228

Rough_Rock
hello all.

new to this site and i'm so glad i found it!! glad to know i'm not the only one going crazy in waiting!!!

my info

Me: Angela. age 28. mother of 3 little girls (part-time) ages 8,6,and 5
Him: Mike. age 29. no kids, never married, never had live-in girlfriend (and i thought this was going to be easy-LOL)

How we met: through americansingles.com!! i was SO leery about online dating but figured i would give it a shot. 3 weeks into our relationship we figured out we had been attending the same church and didn't know it!!

Started dating: Feb 14th 2005

Expected engagement date: have NO clue. but i'm hoping it's going to be christmas or Valentine's day (our 3 year anniversary). he keeps telling me that he doesn't want us to go past the 3 year mark w/out me having a ring!!

i'll keep everyone posted.
30.gif

diamond12

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I''ve been lurking for a few days now and decided to take the plunge. you are all wonderful and special ladies in waiting and in the end i hope we all get what we want. Let me take a moment and introduce myself. Sorry this will be lengthy.

I am 35 and have been with my BF for 3.5 years. we both have 2 children of our own, which makes things difficult at times. as with all blended families. We have talked about getting married and since he is recently divorced (paper work, attorneys, greed, custody, change of attorneys, you name it) has made his divorce leave a very sour taste in his mouth, which in turn has left him UGH. "let me get over this, before i can do this again"are his words. I can understand this, but at the same time I''m very impatient. I guess at this point I want to get engaged so that I can have that commitment. We have talked about it numerous times, which in the past has gotten him to feel pressured. So I have stopped. He has reassured me that I am the one he wants to be with and it will happen. When? I don''t know. We have lived together for about 2.5 years. Purchased a house. (in my name only because of the divorce) and have very very recently purchased a franchise together. (pretty costly for people to be BF and GF). Anyways I feel more pressured than ever becuase of the new business and how all the franchisees look at me like "oh, iis it you and your husband?" "No it''s me and my boyfriend". I feel stupid. Yeah i should not care what other people think, but it is hard. I feel that i have invested a lot if time and effort into our relationship, mind you it has not been a walk in the park, we have had many issues, kids, etc. so i feel like i''m in the "girl soon, boy soon" time zone. Sorry but I just needed to vent. Any insight on this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks everyone
40.gif

diamond12

Rough_Rock
ME:35

HIM: 32

HOW WE MET: AT A BAR

STARTED DATING: APRIL 2004

ENGAGEMENT: HOPEFULLY SOON....HOPEFULLY BY VALENTINES DAY 2008

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Me: Amy, 21
Him:Jon, 22
Started dating: September 8th, 2000
How you met: We were in marching band together. I was in the colorguard & he was a trumpet player.
Expected engagement date: Whenever we can find a ring we both like!
Anything else you want to add?: We''ve been together 7 years, and we''re constantly getting the "are you married yet?" We decided to wait and get through college and hopefully have a career started so we can support ourselves without having to hit the parental units for money... Now all of our highschool friends/peers are married or have kids... but us, and everyone assumed we''d be the first ones!

Striddy

Rough_Rock
Me: Astrid, 23 medicine, research.
Him: Matthew (aka) Wiles, 24 Technology Risk Consulting
Started dating: Sept 12, 2005- and then after nearly two years of calling it that, we found out we actually started dating sept 15th instead
How you met: I actually do not remember how we first met, but he said that it was during the notre dame vs. airforce game of 2001 in my dorm basement when a mutual friend introduced us to each other. I ended up dating his best friend during college...which obviously ended. We both graduated from ND, and he was in chicago while i was doing my master's. We met at a bar, unplanned, very coincidentall (I was supposed to be meeting another guy friend at that time). The next several weeks, I dragged my roommate and he dragged his friend so that we could have group outings. Two weeks later, we had our first one on one date on SEPT 15th, and the rest is history :)
Expected engagement date: HAHAHA...seeing that I am so fickled, probably when he slips on a cracker jack ring due to intense frustration on finding the right ring. It's amazing I haven't changed my mind about the guy...let's hope that doesn't change. Ok but seriously, sometime in the next two years maybe...I want him to save up cash for this thing, as it's not something that we want to take a loan out for.
Anything else you want to add?: We're not in a rush to get married as we're under the belief that marriage itself is nothing more than a party to celebrate the union of two people in front of other people. As far as we're concerned the commitment has already been made to each other. Now my commitment to finding a ring is a different story. I don't know what I want, they all look shiny and pretty. So please help. I find that event he cut of the stone changes everyday, and god knows how many settings I've looked at. So I'm sure you experts can help me. Also I wear a size 3.75...and I feel funny wearing any type of ring, since I usually don't wear one let alone having a big diamond ring.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Me: Jolene, 23
Him: John, 27
Started dating: May 15, 2005
How you met: Working together at a bar, soooo romantic lol
Expected engagement date: hopefully sometime after i graduate from college in december
2.gif
or for christmas!
Anything else you want to add?: Lookin forward to getting to know you girls
1.gif

lauraannc

Rough_Rock
Me: Laura, 36
Him: David, 46
Started dating: December 2, 2005
How you met: Work
Expected engagement date: In a few days.. I think... we are going to New York for a week and I think its going to be a bright and shiny trip
28.gif
I hope...

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Me: Ninama, 50 (in 4 weeks)

Him: KMG, 46

Started dating: June, 2006

How you met: At the super secret club!

Expected engagement date: When the time is right.

Anything else?: I didn''t wait fifty years for rock that doesn''t rock!
9.gif

me_k_tattoos2.jpg

lovelyrita

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking for awhile and thought it time to jump right in.

Me: Dina, 26, Exec. Assistant
Him: Justin 28, Database Administrator
How we met: Datenation.com
When we started dating: September 16th 2004
When I expect him to pop the questions: As soon as I find a ring that fits our budget that I like. We just moved into our first home, so with all the new purchase, our budget is tight. That''s why I am excited to utilize the knowledge on this site to get a good deal!

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
ME: Laura, 23

HIM: Matt, 22

LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA (for college, moving to Maryland together immediately after graduating in April to work and be grown-ups!)

STARTING DATE: January 2005

HOW YOU MET: First day of pharmacy school orientation, were in same group first year, started out as friends and evolved into BF/GF.

EXPECTED ENGAGEMENT DATE: Before April 2008.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO ADD: I love PS - you guys are awesome and this site is great! I am read about/ talk about LIW syndrome with ppl that understand!!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone! Have been reading all the threads the last few days and just had to join in!

Me: Alex, 33
Him: Drew, 30
Started dating: July 2001
How you met: Dance floor of a bar in T.O.
Expected engagement date: probably "boy-soon"
Anything else you want to add?: THANK YOU for the forum!

Tuesday

Rough_Rock
I guess I''ll introduce myself as well!

Me: 27
Him: 28
Started dating: June 2004
How you met: Went to high school together; I had the biggest crush on him freshman year! I moved away the next year but we kept in touch. He moved back to Florida years later; we had both been married and divorced.
Expected engagement date: Somewhere between "boy soon" and "girl soon" (hopefully within the next month or so).
Anything else you want to add?: It''s nice to know I''m not alone in my craziness and frustration :)

WeightLifterChick

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m new.

Me: 25
Him: 25
Started dating: February 2002
How you met: We both worked at CompUSA while in college. We met, started dating a few months after knowing each other and becoming friends, moved to Orlando together and both graduated from the University of Central Florida, and we moved back to Palm Beach County last year.
Expected engagement date: I don''t think it''s going to happen anytime soon. But I have no idea why I''m thinking about it so much lately
20.gif

Anything else you want to add?: It''s nice to know I''m not alone in my craziness and frustration <---- I second this.

DaniGirl

Rough_Rock
Me : danielle, 3o
Him : josh, 28
Started dating : october, 2003
How you met : work
Expected engagement date : i'm thinking december or january??
Anything else? : lurking for 2 years, ps is an amazing community & i'm happy to be here =)

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Me : Melissa, 30 (for a few more weeks!)
Him : Kendall 31
30.gif

Started dating : May 5, 2006
How you met : In college, then re-connected years later at an alumni event
Expected engagement date : sometime the second half of 2008
Anything else? : I am so glad to have this site!!!! its great to have so many people in the same situation!!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 35
Him: 36

Started dating: January 2006

How you met: At the gym
Expected engagement date: ?? Just enjoying our time together and seeing where things take us!

Anything else you want to add?: I have been lurking for a while and figured it was time to introduce myself. The ladies on here are so wonderful and offer such great advice and insight. And it''s nice to know that I''m not alone in my waiting!

lxb87

Rough_Rock
Hi all.
35.gif

Me: 26
Him: 28

Started dating: May 2005

How you met: We rode the same bus in elementary school. I had a mad crush on him for years. The week after I graduated college he called me up out of the blue and asked me out.

Expected engagement date: Second half of 2008 or later... hopefully not much later.

Anything else you want to add?: This is the first time I''ve confessed this because he swore me to secrecy: I picked out a setting and he picked out a center stone and had them put together, but he won''t let me see! BF said *maybe* by the end of the year he''d show me, but we''re waiting until I get done with grad school this spring and get settled in a job before he asks me any life-changing questions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results