shape
carat
color
clarity

Inherited diamonds and diamond jewelry

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Got things looked over today by an Appraiser. Drum roll please…..:appl:

1)The emerald diamond is a 2.5ct vs2 estimated at arLund $7-$8k if I tried selling it’s heading off to GIA For an official cert.
2)The square emerald diamond is…not a diamond.
3)All of the diamonds in the jewelry are real but the colored stones were more of a mystery (not his area of expertise I guess). None of them seem worth trying to find out whether they’re real or not so I’ll sell them as is or scrap them And keep the diamonds to make something else. The guess was the three stone green ring had garnets and the ring with the halo had an emerald.
4)The sapphire pendant is sapphire but hard to tell if it’s a natural one or not. It’s off to GIA as well.
5) The pearls are decent enough but he seemed to think they were better being sold together with the Art Deco clasp.
6) Green pin is jade
7) blue pin is manufactured sapphire.
8) the oec diamond is .91ct, vs1, i forget the color. It’s sentimental so it’s sticking around. I’m going to use some of the money from scrap gold (so far we maybe collected $5k) and have a nicer setting made in the correct size for my mom (it’s her moms ring).

Thought I’d give everyone an update. Also if there was something you felt like you wanted, let me know. There‘re more rings with similar styles and I’d feel bad scrapping them if someone thought they were cool. I’ll try to get sizes up in an official ad but theyre tiny…like 4 tiny.

Thanks everyone! I’ll update again when I get GIA certs

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What about the eternity ring?

And do you remember the size of it by any chance? While the 4-ish size range is small, there are several of us on here that it would fit (depending on where in the 4 range it is.)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about the eternity ring?

And do you remember the size of it by any chance? While the 4-ish size range is small, there are several of us on here that it would fit (depending on where in the 4 range it is.)

He has a thread in pre-loved now.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

He has a thread in pre-loved now.

Thanks!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So is the emerald cut stone a cz or moissy?

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
No idea honestly. It’s very sparkly/flashy. Is that indicative of one or the other? We didn’t spend too much time there because we were just on the hunt for diamond/not diamond. That was the only not diamond in the bunch.

Were you interested in it? I’ll send it to you for the cost of $0 + some small donation to the charity of your choice. if Not, no worries. It’ll sit in the box with the other loose things. :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
No idea honestly. It’s very sparkly/flashy. Is that indicative of one or the other? We didn’t spend too much time there because we were just on the hunt for diamond/not diamond. That was the only not diamond in the bunch.

Were you interested in it? I’ll send it to you for the cost of $0 + some small donation to the charity of your choice. if Not, no worries. It’ll sit in the box with the other loose things. :)

Oh I was just mainly curious that’s all. Thank you though :)

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
Hi there.. have you sold the pieces already? I am keen on the pearl and diamond ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results