shape
carat
color
clarity

Independents swing toward McCain

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 12:03:23 PM
Author: stone_seeker
Date: 9/16/2008 10:10:27 AM

Author: part gypsy

Personally HollyS I think you are a great representative for McCain
2.gif

BTW the McCain (Palin) bounce has disappeared.

Hardly. McCain has tied Obama in Pennsylvania, further ahead in Ohio and Florida.

Also in New York, where Obama has an 18 point lead, his lead is now down to 5 points and largely due to female voters. For once my vote may count here in NY
1.gif

Also tied in VA. yay!
36.gif

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
The contest between Barack Obama and John McCain in New Jersey is too close to call, with a new Quinnipiac University poll showing the battle for the state''s fifteen electoral votes at 48%-45% among likely voters. Obama led McCain by ten percentage points, 51%-41% in an August Quinnipiac poll This is the fourth independent poll within the last week to show New Jersey as an emerging battleground state in the presidential campaign.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 10:10:27 AM
Author: part gypsy
Personally HollyS I think you are a great representative for McCain
2.gif

BTW the McCain (Palin) bounce has disappeared.

Well thank you. I certainly hope so. That''s about as close to a compliment as I could want here, even though it probably wasn''t meant as one.
28.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I am an Independent. I had considered voting for McCain--with great reluctance. Once Palin was placed on the ticket, that option was no longer possible for me. With the concerns this country is facing, the presence of Palin is pandering to the far right at worst and political naivete at best. None of the four candidates meets the personal character test, IMO. I''m left to vote for the ticket that I hope will do the country the least harm. I truly believe that Palin is a loose canon and has no business being in a position of national importance.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 12:39:50 AM
Author: risingsun
I am an Independent. I had considered voting for McCain--with great reluctance. Once Palin was placed on the ticket, that option was no longer possible for me. With the concerns this country is facing, the presence of Palin is pandering to the far right at worst and political naivete at best. None of the four candidates meets the personal character test, IMO. I''m left to vote for the ticket that I hope will do the country the least harm. I truly believe that Palin is a loose canon and has no business being in a position of national importance.

Yes, Palin ruined any chance I had of voting for McCain. She''s just as bad as Cheney.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Now they have swung back towards Obama in the latest poll. I would be really suprised if CO went Republican. The rural areas and CO springs are very conservative, but most of the population is in much more liberal areas. Ft Collins, which is always republican looks like their house member will lose to a democrat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results